• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Tavon Young Torn ACL

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Its not the end of the world, but it's still so early it makes me even more nervous for who else will go down. Was really excited to see him grow .

redrum52

Hall of Famer
True. Also annoying that Shareece Wright could probably survive a nuclear blast.

I almost included that last part but was gonna Wright live.

Its not the end of the world, but it's still so early it makes me even more nervous for who else will go down. Was really excited to see him grow .

It's not just about this season. Could have lasting affects down the line as well.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
guys, relax..

I'm not as worried about the slot as I am about the outside.
I think Canady has more upside than tavon TBH.

If jimmy goes down, you can wake the fat lady up and tell her to clear her throat.

This was funny as hell when I read it! :D

It's a shame about Tavon. Our CB's be dropping like flies as times. Damn! :mad:

usmccharles

Practice Squad
guys, relax..

I'm not as worried about the slot as I am about the outside.
I think Canady has more upside than tavon TBH.

If jimmy goes down, you can wake the fat lady up and tell her to clear her throat.

Seriously.... If Sami is saying we should relax... I think we should. I mean....really.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know, Nickel might be something marlon humphrey could prosper in. When you're in nickel a lot more is in front of you and that is his bread and butter.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
I wonder how many picks Joe threw so far in OTA. all the interceptions can't be from Joe alone I hope.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just love getting these injury notifications on my phone seemingly every off-season. It's a good thing we have depth in the secondary now, but this news still sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing how much Tavon would improve this year...

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
i feel like canady has been lowkey getting a lot of hype. like hes always being pictured and caught in videos around the ball and running with first and second string. ive been thinking about his potential for a while now

I know last offseason there was a lot of favorable press on the team page about Canady, so I thought he would see significant playing time and was hopeful for that diamond in the rough. But he never showed much in preseason. I can't remember when he got injured or what was injured.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
This is a real bummer and I am also worried about the long term effects in future performance. Tavon was a baller and I believed he would locked down the slot receivers this season. Frustrating as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
With the main responsibilities of a slot corner being tackling, taking on blockers, and read and react type playing style, humphrey should fit that role like a glove. The only issue i have is his footwork. Those crafty route runners who play in the slot could give him trouble. Although I must say on Humphreys tape he played very well against Christian Kirk and Artavious Scott (slot recievers). Kirk being one of the best in college football

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know last offseason there was a lot of favorable press on the team page about Canady, so I thought he would see significant playing time and was hopeful for that diamond in the rough. But he never showed much in preseason. I can't remember when he got injured or what was injured.[/QUOTE

he was good in preseason. Tavon didn't do much in the preseason either. Just need reps. He got injured after game 3.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You know, Nickel might be something marlon humphrey could prosper in. When you're in nickel a lot more is in front of you and that is his bread and butter.
Was saying this to one of my football buddies on Facebook. Marlon can run horizontal with guys for those crossing routes, he can stifle the release to slow down those quick passes, and he can play 5 yards off and mitigate any completion that might be made by bringing a downhill tackle or breakup, all while masking the downfield weakness without hurting our scheme because when the safety help is near the middle of the field then it becomes that much more chaotic for the offense to adapt.

He may actually shine big time as a rookie if he is given full time slot duties.