• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Dolphins

How many sacks do the ravens get @ Miami

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1A

Veteran
Rest of coaching staff: Hey coach just sit down right here and make sure the ice stays cold, we got this.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I may be crazy but I'm worried about Fitzgerald. He's just the type to get on a streak. Have to stop him early.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because how many snaps is your 5th WR who does not play ST really need to play. Right now, the WRs I listed are all probably ahead of him and so the question is why dress him when you need to dress someone who they might actually need for depth.

When you think of the 6 who wont play you have Marshall, either RG3 or Mc (Mc if RG3 is healthy), either Twill or Bowser, either Senat Powers or Mekari, Alaka or maybe Ferguson, and then you have 1 more who has to be a WR. There is no reason to dress 6 WRs.

The only way that Hollywood is sitting is if they're lying about him being ready to go and/or if he doesn't know enough of the playbook. Otherwise, he's a first round pick who they're very high on and figures to be a big part of the offense. I would make any of the other WRs inactive over Hollywood aside from Snead and Boykin.

It could easily be Hollywood sitting; I guarantee you that Snead, Roberts and Moore dress, so you're sitting one of Boykin, Scott and Hollywood. Scott has done the most in the pre-season and also played a lot of ST, so I think he's active. Hollywood is recovering and hasn't had as much time to get familiar with the offense, so there's every chance it's him for game 1.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hollywood is playing. Snaps might be limited but he’s gonna play. Snead, Moore, Hollywood, Boykin, Scott, Roberts. Hollywood is a first rounder and he’s healthy, Boykin was the top receiver of preseason, Snead and Moore aren’t sitting, Scott was good and played well on ST. Roberts always seemed to be much more of a veteran backup who’s got the ability to make a splash play occasionally than anything, I don’t think he’s stifling the youth movement

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hollywood is playing. Snaps might be limited but he’s gonna play. Snead, Moore, Hollywood, Boykin, Scott, Roberts. Hollywood is a first rounder and he’s healthy, Boykin was the top receiver of preseason, Snead and Moore aren’t sitting, Scott was good and played well on ST. Roberts always seemed to be much more of a veteran backup who’s got the ability to make a splash play occasionally than anything, I don’t think he’s stifling the youth movement

How many does the 5th WR (MAYBE 4th) get especially when they play no special teams

Reactions: cdp

purp

Practice Squad
How many does the 5th WR (MAYBE 4th) get especially when they play no special teams

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the depth chart. Roman is a matchup guy and Hollywood is a mismatch in human form. You find a way to get Hollywood matched up against their CB2 and go to town.

If they put M. Fitzpatrick on him outside then Mandrews goes to the house. Gonna be fun.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the depth chart. Roman is a matchup guy and Hollywood is a mismatch in human form. You find a way to get Hollywood matched up against their CB2 and go to town.

If they put M. Fitzpatrick on him outside then Mandrews goes to the house. Gonna be fun.

I'm not basing it on depth chart, I'm basing it on ability right now based on how they played.

Right now Moore is better, Boykin is better, Scott is better, and Snead plays in slot. There just isn't room for a lot of snaps so why put him out there?

Boykin is basically taking the snaps that we thought would be Hollywood's

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not basing it on depth chart, I'm basing it on ability right now based on how they played.

Right now Moore is better, Boykin is better, Scott is better, and Snead plays in slot. There just isn't room for a lot of snaps so why put him out there?

Boykin is basically taking the snaps that we thought would be Hollywood's

how can you possibly say they are better when hollywood has not had many snaps yet - hollywood's been on a different time-table and program than those other guys - the plan has always been for him to be ready for week 1 - why would that have changed just because he only played offensive snaps in preseason week 3 (and looked really good)?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
how can you possibly say they are better when hollywood has not had many snaps yet - hollywood's been on a different time-table and program than those other guys - the plan has always been for him to be ready for week 1 - why would that have changed just because he only played offensive snaps in preseason week 3 (and looked really good)?

The timetable didn't change, the situation did. Both Moore and Snead starting in their respective roles was a fairly safe bet given prior production (the fact that throwing to Moore is a completion 75% of the time is a criminally understated number), but both Scott AND Boykin looking just like they can do huge things now (especially Boykin) changes the formula.

Other players stepped up big a lot more then expected which means even if he plays, he gets what 5-7 snaps, most of which runs, and maybe (big maybe), he is the 1st or 2nd option on one play. Is that really worth having an extea lineman or LB for rotation?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The timetable didn't change, the situation did. Both Moore and Snead starting in their respective roles was a fairly safe bet given prior production (the fact that throwing to Moore is a completion 75% of the time is a criminally understated number), but both Scott AND Boykin looking just like they can do huge things now (especially Boykin) changes the formula.

Other players stepped up big a lot more then expected which means even if he plays, he gets what 5-7 snaps, most of which runs, and maybe (big maybe), he is the 1st or 2nd option on one play. Is that really worth having an extea lineman or LB for rotation?

i think you're really underestimating what hollywood does for the offence just by being on the field

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think you're really underestimating what hollywood does for the offence just by being on the field

Someone should post the Baldy Breakdown again just to show how dangerous Brown can be (I would, but I'm too lazy and Twitter is blocked at work lol). The Eagles corners were so scared that they played at least 10 yards back and STILL got burned on that stutter step play (if Trace didn't get pressured on that play then it would have been an easy TD). Experience be damned, you find a way to get Brown on the field to exploit defenses.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Someone should post the Baldy Breakdown again just to show how dangerous Brown can be (I would, but I'm too lazy and Twitter is blocked at work lol). The Eagles corners were so scared that they played at least 10 yards back and STILL got burned on that stutter step play (if Trace didn't get pressured on that play then it would have been an easy TD). Experience be damned, you find a way to get Brown on the field to exploit defenses.

^^^^ His presence alone will alleviate the pressure out of the box. Plus, if he’s able to catch one in space and hit the jets just one time, that’s all it will take to spread the defense out more. It’ll be interesting to see who the inactives are.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

So far nothing because we haven't seen anything yet. We have seen what the others can do versus what Hollywood MIGHT do. Now the games count so have beats might.

I'm not completely discounting his speed, I just view it as least important part of a WR in today's NFL. We have seen the others get open and make big plays and they have more time with Lamar. All of those matter more to me and its not an indictment of Hollywood.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So far nothing because we haven't seen anything yet. We have seen what the others can do versus what Hollywood MIGHT do. Now the games count so have beats might.

I'm not completely discounting his speed, I just view it as least important part of a WR in today's NFL. We have seen the others get open and make big plays and they have more time with Lamar. All of those matter more to me and its not an indictment of Hollywood.
Maybe you are not completely discounting his speed but you are clearly discounting everything else.
You are ridiculous.