• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Dolphins

How many sacks do the ravens get @ Miami

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If I made a video of every play of every play on offense he was involved in and showed it to a non Ravens fan, he would assume I showed cut-down version of our teams number 1 WR. When you make the plays he makes, and have the tape he does, the question becomes "why stick with Crabtree when you clearly had better behind him?"

this is incorrect - most highlight videos have more than 19 plays in them... and when some of those plays are 1 yard receptions...

here is a 2018 chris moore highlight video - its 90 seconds long

there's maybe 2 highlight worthy clips (and one of them is a preseason catch)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The problem is twofold. I'm not sure Clayton ever caught half the balls thrown his way let alone 70. Second and far more important point is the concept of most recent NFL tape. Extrapolating that to 5 year old tape (2006ish or the last time Clayton mattered) when the next 5 years show him being awful is lunacy. Like saying Jerry Rice could outplay ODB because 25 years ago there was tape showing he could.

The recent aspect is why thats a strawman. You are what you last were in the NFL.
Actually Clayton the year before Julio’s rookie year (2010) he caught 23 of 42(54%) in only FIVE GAMES with a YPC of 13+ For 306 yards. In five games he nearly matched Chris Moore’s production for 3 entire seasons.

Your argument is completely out of left field and is literally wrong on every single level. You look ridiculous on this one.

And also, showing someone a highlight reel of 19 plays and having them think it’s a cut down version of our #1 means nothing. How would they react when you say “nah, that’s actually the #4 on the worst wr corps in the league and that was literally his entire season”? They’d probably not think he’s a #1 anymore lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Only if said player misses the entire offseason has zero preseason work with the starting QB, and really only started playing full speed 2 weeks ago AND every player in front of you has looked great every chance we have had to see them, why force someone who has far fewer reps with the starters and backups who played well all preseason I ask why rock the boat?

but it's like you think he's not playing or competing in practice at all - or the fact that he torched the eagles secondary in the joint practices also by beat writer's accounts

its not about what we get to see - its about what he's been doing in practice - hollywood was never going to play much in preseason - but he was always going to be ready for week 1 - we drafted him for a reason and by all accounts he seems to be coming along the way we expected

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And don’t get me wrong, I like Chris Moore, quite a bit actually and I am expecting quite a leap from him this year, he looks different when playing, more refined and savvy and confident. But I’m willing to bet that marquise brown may legitimately top Chris Moore’s entire career statline in just this season. 44 catches for 490 yards in 3 years is not above average, and it should be a pretty damn easy number for brown to top.

brown might beat that yard count in 7 catches lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not basing it on depth chart, I'm basing it on ability right now based on how they played.

Right now Moore is better, Boykin is better, Scott is better, and Snead plays in slot. There just isn't room for a lot of snaps so why put him out there?

Boykin is basically taking the snaps that we thought would be Hollywood's
Not to take anything away from Scott, but he didn't play much against the first team. Boykin played more snaps against the first team than Scott did as well and Hollywood didn't have as many snaps because he was being rehabbed. He will play this week, without question.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
No no no, don’t try to backtrack, your exact thinking is that Chris Moore has shown something in the nfl and marquise brown hasn’t, therefore brown shouldn’t get a heavy snap count.

Mark Clayton produced numbers just ONE YEAR before Julio’s rookie year, more yards than Julio had ever produced at that point. Roy Williams produced numbers just ONE YEAR before Calvin Johnson’s rookie year. It’s literally the EXACT thing you’re saying, there is no difference in our comparisons.

You can’t not play rookies just because they’ve never produced, if that was how coaches thought then the nfl would’ve lasted about 3 years.

And if you want to be factual, Chris Moore has never shown to be above average as anything but a special teamer. Sure he’s got a high catch rating, on an extremely small sample size though, a sample size btw which is small because he has shown to be unreliable throughout his career with a number of drops on easy passes. On a franchise with the worst wr corps in the nfl since 2013, he’s been here 3 seasons, and he’s struggled to see any kind of meaningful snap count or target share and it’s because he has in fact shown a lack of dependability, that’s not above average, that’s pretty bad and overachieving when put in advantageous positions, which is what Chris Moore has done his whole time here.

And don’t get me wrong, I like Chris Moore, quite a bit actually and I am expecting quite a leap from him this year, he looks different when playing, more refined and savvy and confident. But I’m willing to bet that marquise brown may legitimately top Chris Moore’s entire career statline in just this season. 44 catches for 490 yards in 3 years is not above average, and it should be a pretty damn easy number for brown to top.

Sorry, but your argument is ridiculous from top to bottom, your entire argument is that you can’t play rookies because they’ve never produced in the nfl.

My premise is the last tape we saw of Moore was him looking good against NFL players. Its the only way the concept makes sense and wanting to make it something else is just silly.

Edit: Did Mark Clayton ever catch 70% of balls thrown to him in a single game? That is also an important point. His statline is weak if you ignore that vital point.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
chris moore has that catch rate yes - he's also got 44 receptions total over his 4 years in the league for fewer than 500 yards

also important to say that you're talking about hollywood as if the coaches havent seen him play at all - he's been practicing most of training camp and has been full go for a while - so while all we see is preseason, the coaches literally see him every day - its not like they'll be throwing him in the game completely blind

enough said

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not to take anything away from Scott, but he didn't play much against the first team. Boykin played more snaps against the first team than Scott did as well and Hollywood didn't have as many snaps because he was being rehabbed. He will play this week, without question.

Scott I kind of am torn on. Its the reason I said I could see Brown as the 5th or 4th option this game depending on how you feel about Scott but I wouldn't dress Brown as the 4th or 5th WR option not playing ST.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Scott I kind of am torn on. Its the reason I said I could see Brown as the 5th or 4th option this game depending on how you feel about Scott but I wouldn't dress Brown as the 4th or 5th WR option not playing ST.
ludicrous. Lets stop this argument now, because no one can get through to you and you aren't establishing your point.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The depth chart is bullshit. I'd bet money Hollywood is on the field first play on offense. I trust nothing they're putting out now.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My premise is the last tape we saw of Moore was him looking good against NFL players. Its the only way the concept makes sense and wanting to make it something else is just silly.

Edit: Did Mark Clayton ever catch 70% of balls thrown to him in a single game? That is also an important point. His statline is weak if you ignore that vital point.
The concept doesn’t make sense because the concept is fucking silly. That’s not the only part of your concept either, there’s a part that HAS to go along with it, because that part alone is totally independent of marquise brown and he’s part of the subject as well. Stop leaving that part out because it’s necessary. Last we saw of chris Moore he looked average at best with the occasional splash play, Hollywood on the other hand is a rookie therefore we have nothing to base a comparison on, so your solution is... give the snaps to the former because he’s caught an nfl pass before? Literally your argument can not be taken ANY WAY other than “rookies don’t deserve snaps because they’ve never produced in the nfl”.

And for Clayton, he was the franchise leader in 100 yard games before Torrey Smith came here. How is that relevant? It isn’t, just like your stupid ass 70% catch rate stat. It doesn’t matter what so ever when literally the biggest wr busts in our franchise history have outproduced his entire career in one season. Clayton, All 5 seasons with us outproduced Moore’s entire career while battling injuries, and after leaving went on a VERY dominant 5 game stretch before the final injury finished him. Travis Taylor 3 of 5 seasons with the ravens outproduced Moore’s entire career, and a fourth where he was a mere 70 yards shy of Moore’s entire career. And perriman his one full season here outproduced Moore’s entire career. All these guys did this while also being more efficient by crushing his YPC numbers as well. These are the BIGGEST BUSTS IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, outproducing Chris Moore’s entire career in single seasons, MULTIPLE TIMES. 7 combined seasons from our biggest busts ever, all outproduced 3 seasons from Moore.

How in the shit can you really peterpuff this dude so hard? It’s ridiculous, you cherrypick one stat that honestly means nothing more than beginners luck, considering the rookie season sized workload he’s racked up over his entire career.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The concept doesn’t make sense because the concept is fucking silly. That’s not the only part of your concept either, there’s a part that HAS to go along with it, because that part alone is totally independent of marquise brown and he’s part of the subject as well. Stop leaving that part out because it’s necessary. Last we saw of chris Moore he looked average at best with the occasional splash play, Hollywood on the other hand is a rookie therefore we have nothing to base a comparison on, so your solution is... give the snaps to the former because he’s caught an nfl pass before? Literally your argument can not be taken ANY WAY other than “rookies don’t deserve snaps because they’ve never produced in the nfl”.

And for Clayton, he was the franchise leader in 100 yard games before Torrey Smith came here. How is that relevant? It isn’t, just like your stupid ass 70% catch rate stat. It doesn’t matter what so ever when literally the biggest wr busts in our franchise history have outproduced his entire career in one season. Clayton, All 5 seasons with us outproduced Moore’s entire career while battling injuries, and after leaving went on a VERY dominant 5 game stretch before the final injury finished him. Travis Taylor 3 of 5 seasons with the ravens outproduced Moore’s entire career, and a fourth where he was a mere 70 yards shy of Moore’s entire career. And perriman his one full season here outproduced Moore’s entire career. All these guys did this while also being more efficient by crushing his YPC numbers as well. These are the BIGGEST BUSTS IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, outproducing Chris Moore’s entire career in single seasons, MULTIPLE TIMES. 7 combined seasons from our biggest busts ever, all outproduced 3 seasons from Moore.

How in the shit can you really peterpuff this dude so hard? It’s ridiculous, you cherrypick one stat that honestly means nothing more than beginners luck, considering the rookie season sized workload he’s racked up over his entire career.

What that says is when you get him involved good things happen. It tells me you should have more workload and yes I try to use stats that can isolate what a player dies with the chances he is given because otherwise the stats that everyone else uses show Kamar Aiken before he left could be a number 2 but thats because if you force someone the ball the yards and catches xan look great.

That is why I like YPC (to an extent) and your completion % when the ball is thrown because the job of a WR first and foremost is to catch the ball and second is to get yards.

I'm supportive of benching the starter if either the starter is bad (I do not buy it in this case) or the backup is well doing what Moore and making big plays when ball comes his way.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
As much as I'd like to see Hollywood play, I actually hope it's minimal for the first two games. I think we can go pretty vanilla on offense and still be 2-0 heading into Kansas City. There, having given almost zero tape on what's in store, we can bring him out and open up the playbook.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What that says is when you get him involved good things happen. It tells me you should have more workload and yes I try to use stats that can isolate what a player dies with the chances he is given because otherwise the stats that everyone else uses show Kamar Aiken before he left could be a number 2 but thats because if you force someone the ball the yards and catches xan look great.

That is why I like YPC (to an extent) and your completion % when the ball is thrown because the job of a WR first and foremost is to catch the ball and second is to get yards.

I'm supportive of benching the starter if either the starter is bad (I do not buy it in this case) or the backup is well doing what Moore and making big plays when ball comes his way.
Chris Moore has been a repeat offender of dropping easy catches.... you can’t earn a larger target share when you’ve proven you’re unreliable. TWO of his drops resulted in pick sixes in games we would have otherwise won and made the playoffs if not for his drops directly.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Chris Moore has been a repeat offender of dropping easy catches.... you can’t earn a larger target share when you’ve proven you’re unreliable. TWO of his drops resulted in pick sixes in games we would have otherwise won and made the playoffs if not for his drops directly.
yep, atleast one of them was from 2017. Both of them may have been 2017

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
yep, atleast one of them was from 2017. Both of them may have been 2017

The big one I remember was that Bengals game where he dropped a pick 6 into the hands of the defender but then again he also saved the game earlier with his return to the 5 when offense was doing NOTHING all game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The big one I remember was that Bengals game where he dropped a pick 6 into the hands of the defender but then again he also saved the game earlier with his return to the 5 when offense was doing NOTHING all game.
no one is saying he isn't a monster on special teams. That's his job.

I also believe he will have a good year this enough, enough to get a decent contract from another team in free agency