• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ravens, the Dolphins and the Dolphins

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also regarding their secondary play. Minkah Fitzpatrick alluded to it after the game but that gameplan was an absolute dereliction of duty by their HC and DC and also probably a product of the mind games Harbaugh played in the offseason.

They had their safeties rolled up and ran an ungodly number of Cover 0 blitzes because they didn't think Lamar could throw deep. There is no planet where Minkah Fitzpatrick should be trying to cover Hollywood Brown 1-on-1 with no safety help and a 5 yard cushion. Even with no tape on the kid they should've seen how much respect the Eagles gave him in preseason and taken notice. Very poor defensive gameplanning and then complete paralysis when it was clearly not working.

That said, every single match up that didn't involve Xavien Howard as tilted in our favor.

The thing is, what else can they do? If they do not stack the box the run game, which is better then last years, destroys them, but now there is this NFL level passer who can hit all the throws as well. If I am the rest of the NFL I am scared of what he could be this time next year.

purp

Practice Squad
The thing is, what else can they do? If they do not stack the box the run game, which is better then last years, destroys them, but now there is this NFL level passer who can hit all the throws as well. If I am the rest of the NFL I am scared of what he could be this time next year.

You’d rather force a team to run 10-12 plays drives than 2 play drives though. Your secondary is your so-called strength and you hang them out to dry. That’s bad strategy no matter how you slice it, even if you know you’re overmatched.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and yet almost every team bypassed him and some twice. I thought for sure the Patriots would have taken him, especially knowing he ran an EP system in college and McDaniels liked him.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and yet almost every team bypassed him and some twice. I thought for sure the Patriots would have taken him, especially knowing he ran an EP system in college and McDaniels liked him.
Yeah I was really shocked they passed. Thank god, now we have a bright future with a potential superstar qb and they’re gonna hold on to Brady as long as possible

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Him evolving into an NFL level passer was not a forgone conclusion. Hindsight is beautiful but right now Rosen is awful and most of this forum loved him so its not like there is some super easy way to pick a QB. The one thing everyone did have right though is that he would need a year to properly develop as a passer and whelp here we are and he has come a long way. I do wonder if he can go outside deep as well as inside but he has tons of time to grow more especially when he also improved pocket awareness.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah, it is evident. Doesn't have it between his ears and that screws up everything below his head.
I tend to agree. And it sucks because I was real bullish on Rosen. Seems he thought he was gonna be the man without question, he went to a trash situation and didn’t work for it, and got destroyed, then went to a trashier situation and now it’s about to get even worse. By the end of this year Rosen is gonna be David Carr 2.0 it looks like

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I tend to agree. And it sucks because I was real bullish on Rosen. Seems he thought he was gonna be the man without question, he went to a trash situation and didn’t work for it, and got destroyed, then went to a trashier situation and now it’s about to get even worse. By the end of this year Rosen is gonna be David Carr 2.0 it looks like
I was bullish on Rosen as well. I liked Rosen, Mayfield then Jackson. I thought Darnold had potential and Allen was the big bust in my eyes.

He hasn't really been given a chance and I feel it is a little to early to make that decision. I'm hoping he gets a chance this season and next year, if he isn't in Miami, he gets a real chance to succeed. I agree his chances have dropped tremendously.

What a bunch of losers. Essentially giving up. Shame that Flores already lost the team.

I agree, but it is a tough situation. Miami is in full rebuild mode. They have gutted their roster and have left little doubt that this season is a wash. I can understand how players feel but quitting should never be the answer.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I agree, but it is a tough situation. Miami is in full rebuild mode. They have gutted their roster and have left little doubt that this season is a wash. I can understand how players feel but quitting should never be the answer.
But now these players have the reputation of being quitters when the going gets tough. The more-talented players on that squad may get some leeway but that's about it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
But now these players have the reputation of being quitters when the going gets tough. The more-talented players on that squad may get some leeway but that's about it.
Eh, I disagree. Players want to win and compete, and as always coaches have to put players in a position to compete. Then There’s the livelihood part, where players are fucked over by playing for a tank team and they’re less appealing to teams when they become free agents. Also who tf wants to get a lisfranc or Achilles in their 14th straight loss and rehab that shit next season...