1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up if you haven't already done so!
    Dismiss Notice

The Ravens, the Dolphins and the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Ravens Talk' started by NaturalBornHitters, Sep 8, 2019.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Ravens Ring of Honor

He had a big day, the others that were drafted before him, not so much ;)

2. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Pro Bowler

Lamar was beautiful, the line held up well

3. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Pro Bowler

It was great seeing Baker play like trash

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SepticeyePoe

SepticeyePoe Ravens Ring of Honor

Judon with the Spongebob shirt

20190908_164643.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

Guess that’s a byproduct of having a defense based on swarm tackling

6. SepticeyePoe

How did Skura and Bozeman do?

7. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

he had one play where he got beat inside but lamar threw it quick enough - might have been the snead td pass
    he also had a nice pull connect to help spring mark ingram on the first play of the game

those were the only 2 times i consciously noticed him - will have to wait for filmstudy and others to score him/evaluate him

8. balfan23

balfan23 MVP

Lamar looked very Mahomes like today. Extended plays with his feet and made a play with his arm ... some of them with a slightly unorthodox delivery. And when he had an open man, he hit them in total stride. He was flawless today and I don't care how shitty the opponent was ... Those throws were perfect.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SaltyDog

SaltyDog Practice Squad

I think they both held up well today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SaltyDog

SaltyDog Practice Squad

There’s no question he’s improved his mechanics. His accuracy and poise in the pocket were noticeable for me today.

11. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Pro Bowler

I really hope we can start moving away from the days of building around our defense

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SepticeyePoe

13. flynismo

flynismo Practice Squad

No reason why we can't have it all...we're in a good position to have a top 5 offense and defense next year, assuming today wasn't a fluke

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dom McRaven

Dom McRaven Ravens Ring of Honor

Running up the score was completely classless..................LMAO jk.

In all seriousness, the offense looked fantastic all across the board. I don't give a [profanity deleted] who the team is, for Lamar to put up THOSE stats in his FIRST game in his second season after being told he can't throw is nothing short of phenomenal.

As for the defense, they did what they were supposed to do. However, they need to stop whiffing on the QB. I don't mind the aggressiveness, but PLEASE be precise wit it. Averett was obviously the weakest link, but he wasn't abysmal though which is fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deebo813

Deebo813 Ravens Ring of Honor

Did we play under the center at all other than on goal line?

16. ALI624

ALI624 Pro Bowler

This was revenge for Kiko’s dirty hit on Flacco.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. JAAM

JAAM Pro Bowler

The Dolphins actually have a very solid secondary, yet Lamar still gets no credit from fat-couch QBs on social media. I love the hate and I think Lamar does as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. JO_75

JO_75 Ravens Ring of Honor

People seem to think the whole team sucks when they actually have a good secondary. They paid Howard like a top CB and have a young solid Safety in Minkah Fitzpatrick. For us to do that to them, was quite impressive regardless of tanking or no tanking.

19. Dom McRaven

Dom McRaven Ravens Ring of Honor

But you didn't hear that he couldn't throw?! Could've sworn that's all I heard.

20. Deebo813

Deebo813 Ravens Ring of Honor

Am i the only that noticed all the loud hits during the game

• Like Like x 1