• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Cardinals

How many times will Lamar run the football

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jimmy Smith will be out multiple weeks with a grade 2 sprain, per Harbaugh.

Jimmy Smith will be out multiple weeks with a grade 2 sprain, per Harbaugh.
Yeah - not the news we wanted, but then better than out for the season that we feared when it happened. 2 corners down is now leaving us in thin, when we thought we had the best CB group in the NFL heading into camp. Not cutting Carr as some suggested is looking like a good move.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah - not the news we wanted, but then better than out for the season that we feared when it happened. 2 corners down is now leaving us in thin, when we thought we had the best CB group in the NFL heading into camp. Not cutting Carr as some suggested is looking like a good move.

i mean not many teams would have their 5th corner be as good as Anthony Averett even with his mixed bag - we've had 2 starters go down and yet we still have an ok 3rd corner - we'll be fine albeit its less ideal than we'd hoped going into training camp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I believe more people were looking to trade Jimmy than cut Carr.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
About four and a half hours ago in the game thread I said he looked smoother then I expected but keep pretending that didn't happen (despite it beingin the thread).

I can revise up my opinion after seeing the game that he would have about 40-50 catches for around 500 yards before the game to now saying about 65-75 for around 850 but thats probably more my surprise at how crisp the offense looked.

Are you going to say Brown was the difference between winning and losing that game or even havingit be within 3 touchdowns? He was moving gingerly just Friday so yes I figured 1-2 weeks more rest before the actual season started (Chiefs) would be good especially when you have weapons who have shown something om tape against NFL players?

If I didn't want him in all year I wouldn't have predicted 50 catches...
Fluff and BS - you clearly said he should be inactive because the other WRs showed they can get it done vs NFL competition and he did not.
I know it seems hard but it's easy, trust me. Just repeat after me:

Guys, I was wrong about Hollywood, he should always be active.

See? Piece of cake.

On Hollywood - I was definitely surprised by the impact he had on the game. No way did I think we'd have him inactive, because I felt he just needed to get game play and slowly increase his reps. I did not expect him to have an impact game for the first few weeks, but boy, His impact was felt in the 1st quarter in a big way.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
On Hollywood - I was definitely surprised by the impact he had on the game. No way did I think we'd have him inactive, because I felt he just needed to get game play and slowly increase his reps. I did not expect him to have an impact game for the first few weeks, but boy, His impact was felt in the 1st quarter in a big way.

he might only play 250 snaps this regular season if this rate continues lol but at this rate that will lead to 2500 yards receiving for him lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
They should have had him playing with Rob so he’d have a chance to catch a TD pass from a fourth QB that’s a Heisman winner. lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
They should have had him playing with Rob so he’d have a chance to catch a TD pass from a fourth QB that’s a Heisman winner. lol
We're saving that for the next or maybe the Clowns game, so the one of the previous Heisman winners can watch

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I guess next week the excuses when Lamar has a good game will be that Patrick Peterson was suspended and that this was a young rookie QB and rookie HC, etc. Granted I think our season will officially start week 3 against the Chiefs as that will be the real test but again, Lamar almost went into KC and won last year too.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Is he SERIOUSLY their best offensive lineman? Do they want James Hurst for like a 3rd round pick since he would obviously upgrade their OL?
Let’s put it this way... Murray got sacked by his own lineman at one point, and not just a stumble-back into him either. I mean a full dive on top of him!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
In 2014, our offense exploded for 48 points in FL against the Bucs. The following week? We played against a red bird team and our offense was KINDA struggling, but still managed to put up 27 points.

I somewhat feel that this'll be deja vu. I hope we don't get too pass happy but I don't think that'll be the case with Roman as our OC.