• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Cardinals

How many times will Lamar run the football

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
how does schefter know more than our beat reporters

tbf the beat guys are watching practice and then doing pressers (where they got the same info as schefter) - but schefter probably sees a major name missing practice and as an insider gets in touch with his contacts - and because its nothing major and wont impact the injury report he gets the info because it costs nothing...

that's how lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
Anyone seen the hype video they posted on FB? Mentioned "redecorating" and Ngata was holding a shield....does this mean they're bringing back the shield to mid-field??? That would be awesome, if so.
Yeah the shield belongs at the 50. I love the bird head on helmets, I don’t think there is a better looking helmet, but putting it at mid field too is kinda over use. Bring back the Murland theme shield!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
4 guys didnt practice:

Hollywood (he didnt practice last friday either - given its walkthroughs and given that he was limited yesterday its probably a rest day again while he gets eased in while hes still recovering)
Jimmy Smith (for obvious reasons)
Pernell Mcphee (likely a vet day)
Mark Andrews (baltimore beat guys had no idea why he wasnt practicing but schefter just tweeted that it was just some rest for him)

reminder that friday is normally walk through day and not really a proper padded practice or anything
Yea I forgot Hollywood sat out last Friday as well. I’ll stop panicking lol

tbf the beat guys are watching practice and then doing pressers (where they got the same info as schefter) - but schefter probably sees a major name missing practice and as an insider gets in touch with his contacts - and because its nothing major and wont impact the injury report he gets the info because it costs nothing...

that's how lol

thank you captain obvious

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Get to watch budda baker play. Cant wait. Him and hooker were my fav guys that year. Sadly, they havent done as much as i thought they would so far

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
am now watching the cardinals defence - some notes:

they rotate at ILB situationally a lot - Haason Reddick came in for obvious passing downs to replace joe walker
outside of that ILB rotation - their LBs played a lot of snaps last week - Jordan Hicks, chandler jones, terrell suggs arent getting a huge amount of rest - i expect reddick to play a lot more this week against us albeit even with more snaps than Walker he was largely invisible during the game

Jordan Hicks can be victimised by TEs - thinking Hayden Hurst or Mark Andrews may well take advantage of him especially in zone looks when lined up as an in-line TE

cardinals were in nickel for over half their defensive snaps

it's hard to get a sense of how the LBs will play vs our offence given that Detroit didnt use a lot of play-action and stafford is a very different type of qb to lamar (for reference the ravens against the dolphins used a form of play-action on 50% of our offensive snaps)

one of they're starting outside corners is Byron Murphy who's a 2nd round pick - played well at times but also looks like a rookie - was very tentative towards the end of the game and didnt want to make a mistake so ended up playing so soft and gave receivers cushion to take advantage of

every single one of the starting corners for the cardinals blew one assignment each at some point in the game - their secondary is really inconsistent and budda baker has played well but his lack of size as the free safety is something we can take advantage of with our receiving corps

Terrell Suggs was the best player on that Cardinals defence - he looked dominant like he did early last year - it's insane he's this good in his 17th season - Ronnie and Orlando are gonna have their hands full dealing with him

ooft the more i watch the game the more i see we can take advantage of joe walker - if we see him on the field and we can get andrews running through his zone or matched up 1v1 that's a matchup mark wins almost every time

play-action on early downs is going to kill this cardinals defence - 2 of hockenson's early big plays came on play-action where the linebacker either bit on the fake or just couldnt cover him

haha and the lions ran a zone-read with stafford that stafford kept and went for 10 yards lol - one of the few snaps that Suggs wasnt on the field for and the DE just crashed inside and left a gaping hole

completely meaningless to our film study but just saw a Lions OL make a great block on a positive run went and checked who it was and it was Rick Wagner lol
Wagner was very effective. Great job in that game moving DE and turning him to open up holes.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
some suggestion that canady might be elevated to the 53 at some point today (would have to be before 4pm est) - zrebiec points out arizona likes going 4 wide a lot which would stress our already depleted cb depth and canady did have that stint in 2017 where he played well at nickel...

not sure who he'd replace on the 53... alaka maybe greg senat as another option if we think nobody will claim him before jimmy's ready to come back

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
some suggestion that canady might be elevated to the 53 at some point today (would have to be before 4pm est) - zrebiec points out arizona likes going 4 wide a lot which would stress our already depleted cb depth and canady did have that stint in 2017 where he played well at nickel...
I remember that. He was doing well until the last game, last play :(

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey (back) is questionable for Week 2 against the Cardinals.
Humphrey's status has taken on increased importance with Jimmy Smith (knee) out. He didn't practice much this week but should play through his back injury. The Ravens secondary will be at less than full strength Sunday, upgrading the matchups for Kyler Murray and Arizona's pass game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why would anyone want to live in Shitsburgh?
i actually hear its one of the best cities to live in the country, it always ranks high on those "best cities to retire" lists as well. thats all subjective though. i cant stand western PA accents, my whole family in law has REALLY strong ones lol

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
i actually hear its one of the best cities to live in the country, it always ranks high on those "best cities to retire" lists as well. thats all subjective though. i cant stand western PA accents, my whole family in law has REALLY strong ones lol
Since the wife is from Pittsburgh, I have been there quite often. I tell you it is not a bad place to visit. They have good dive bars there and you can always find good bar food cheap. The place is extremely hilly, and with their cold winters you have to be careful driving because road conditions can deteriorate quickly. The people are fairly friendly. I don’t mind going there. Their South Side on the weekends is crowded with young adults bar hopping. I have never been to Heinz Field, but been to PNC Park several times and it is a nice ballpark. Mount Washington gives you a really scenic view of the city. Been to Kennywood, it is a decent amusement park. The Carnegie Museum is also pretty nice, so is the National Aviary.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Since the wife is from Pittsburgh, I have been there quite often. I tell you it is not a bad place to visit. They have good dive bars there and you can always find good bar food cheap. The place is extremely hilly, and with their cold winters you have to be careful driving because road conditions can deteriorate quickly. The people are fairly friendly. I don’t mind going there. Their South Side on the weekends is crowded with young adults bar hopping. I have never been to Heinz Field, but been to PNC Park several times and it is a nice ballpark. Mount Washington gives you a really scenic view of the city. Been to Kennywood, it is a decent amusement park. The Carnegie Museum is also pretty nice, so is the National Aviary.
I’ve never seen Pittsburgh but I’ve seen Altoona a number of times. Every year I try to convince my wife to go to a ravens game in Pittsburgh because I actually do wanna see the city, she always insists money is too big an issue for that though