• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Cardinals

How many times will Lamar run the football

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unlike the Dolphins the Cardinal's coaching staff has some fight in them, and these guys aren't just mostly planning for next year. That said, we still out match them across the board. This should be a multiscore win if we're a real SB contender. Just don't overlook them just to focus on the Chiefs. That leads to bad things.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Unlike the Dolphins the Cardinal's coaching staff has some fight in them, and these guys aren't just mostly planning for next year. That said, we still out match them across the board. This should be a multiscore win if we're a real SB contender. Just don't overlook them just to focus on the Chiefs. That leads to bad things.
We def arent SB contenders but still may win by two scores

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Having a better regular season record than them and playing at M&T will help
Yes it could help but it probably wont. Our offensive weapons are way too inexperienced imo. This may sound crazy but id rather lose to them in reg season if it meant playing them in playoffs..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Per Zrebiec: Martindale said he views Kenny Young And Chris Board as interchangeable. But said Board turned an ankle week of final preseason game. And Young played well and earned chance to start opener.

something to watch for as chris board gets further away from that ankle

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Lions only sent more than 4 pass rushers at Kyler Murray on 8 times which resulted in 4-8 for 40 yards, 1 int and a sack...

kyler really didnt handle overload blitzes or disguised extra rushers well and it looked like the speed of the defenders kind of surprised him - the lions arent a blitzing team but we are - against any qb we're sending more than 4 rushers a lot more than 8 times especially on 58 dropbacks

wink kept a lot back against the dolphins - i wonder if we start seeing some more deception on defence vs the cardinals

another thing to notice was that the cardinals receivers really werent separating well - partly because they lack speed in their wide receiving group - with earl thomas potentially playing single-high there's going to be opportunities for humphrey especially to clamp down on shorter quicker routes and potentially free him and the other corners up to make plays on the football because of the lack of threat of being beaten for big plays downfield

i like christian kirk (and i liked him as a prospect) but so far in the nfl he's been like a lesser version of larry fitzgerald style-wise

cardinals also spend a lot of time 4-wide - that might put some stress on our depleted cornerback corps

that being said the lions caused the cardinals a lot of problems on defence and our defence is a lot better and a lot better coordinated than theirs

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes it could help but it probably wont. Our offensive weapons are way too inexperienced imo. This may sound crazy but id rather lose to them in reg season if it meant playing them in playoffs..
I don't care if we win against the Pats or not. However I just want to face them once, playing two times a year against Belichick is never good.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't care if we win against the Pats or not. However I just want to face them once, playing two times a year against Belichick is never good.

Let's just beat them twice and hit Brady so bad that he finally decides it's time to retire.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Worked out well the last time we faced em twice... I feel better about playing a team twice. Outside of division opponents, I feel like we do well with extra time to prep for a team.

In fact. This got me thinking about times we've faced a non-divisional opponent twice in a season under Harbaugh.

2008: Dolphins and Titans. Beat Dolphins both times. Lost to Titans in the regular season and beat them in playoffs.
2009: Patriots and Colts. Lost to Patriots in the regular season and beat them in post. Lost to Colts both times.
2010: None
2011: Texans. Beat them both times.
2012: Broncos and Patriots. Don't think I need to explain this one...
2014: None
2018: Chargers. Fuck off Marty. Won in regular season and lost in playoffs.

For the most part, seem to do well on repeat games. I want to say in most we just get outplayed or there is an unfortunate situation. Definitely out coached in the Chargers game and Flacco was hurt against the Colts, but they usually do better with the extra time and knowledge.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Worked out well the last time we faced em twice... I feel better about playing a team twice. Outside of division opponents, I feel like we do well with extra time to prep for a team.

In fact. This got me thinking about times we've faced a non-divisional opponent twice in a season under Harbaugh.

2008: Dolphins and Titans. Beat Dolphins both times. Lost to Titans in the regular season and beat them in playoffs.
2009: Patriots and Colts. Lost to Patriots in the regular season and beat them in post. Lost to Colts both times.
2018: Chargers. [profanity deleted] off Marty. Won in regular season and lost in playoffs.

For the most part, seem to do well on repeat games. I want to say in most we just get outplayed or there is an unfortunate situation. Definitely out coached in the Chargers game and Flacco was hurt against the Colts, but they usually do better with the extra time and knowledge.

Yeah, if not for Marty's shit gameplan then we probably could have beaten the Chargers again last year. I'd much rather see us play the Pats twice this year instead of once just because it means we're likely playing them in the AFC Championship game.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

2018: Chargers. [profanity deleted] off Marty. Won in regular season and lost in playoffs.

Repeating against BB is much different than every other repeat especially now with that team.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
definitely much more difficult, but not impossible.
Not impossible. Might be impossible now though if AB ever plays. Our teaM isnt ready yet though.. this current team wouldnt be able to do it. No jimmy nor tavon, shit would be real rough out there

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not impossible. Might be impossible now though if AB ever plays. Our teaM isnt ready yet though.. this current team wouldnt be able to do it. No jimmy nor tavon, shit would be real rough out there
I'd agree with you that we are a very young team and are not likely to be Super Bowl contenders. However if we make it to the playoffs, then anything goes. Who would have predicted the Giants to win it all in 2007 and 2011. Both times they were wild card teams.

Jimmy will be most likely be back by the Patriots game, unless he gets injured again.