• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Cardinals

How many times will Lamar run the football

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Repeating against BB is much different than every other repeat especially now with that team.

definitely much more difficult, but not impossible.

We had January Joe. Maybe Lamar turns into January Jackson or Late Season Llama... I'm working on it. I'll worry about that later. Truth is I think defensively we're capable. I question what our offense would do.

Just going to enjoy each week and watching the young guys develop. It's been so long since I was excited to see young receivers play here. This offense has the potential to be lethal.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone seen the hype video they posted on FB? Mentioned "redecorating" and Ngata was holding a shield....does this mean they're bringing back the shield to mid-field??? That would be awesome, if so.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've been missing the shield ever since they took it away so this is gonna be sick to see it come back. I remember watching the games on TV with the shield and the stadium was rocking so I hope that same energy comes back on Sunday when I'm actually at the game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Worked out well the last time we faced em twice... I feel better about playing a team twice. Outside of division opponents, I feel like we do well with extra time to prep for a team.

In fact. This got me thinking about times we've faced a non-divisional opponent twice in a season under Harbaugh.

2008: Dolphins and Titans. Beat Dolphins both times. Lost to Titans in the regular season and beat them in playoffs.
2009: Patriots and Colts. Lost to Patriots in the regular season and beat them in post. Lost to Colts both times.
2010: None
2011: Texans. Beat them both times.
2012: Broncos and Patriots. Don't think I need to explain this one...
2014: None
2018: Chargers. [profanity deleted] off Marty. Won in regular season and lost in playoffs.

For the most part, seem to do well on repeat games. I want to say in most we just get outplayed or there is an unfortunate situation. Definitely out coached in the Chargers game and Flacco was hurt against the Colts, but they usually do better with the extra time and knowledge.

Yeah, if not for Marty's shit gameplan then we probably could have beaten the Chargers again last year. I'd much rather see us play the Pats twice this year instead of once just because it means we're likely playing them in the AFC Championship game.
M***y is a traitor to Ravens Nation and as such, we will not use his name without proper formatting. He censored our offense so his name will be censored on these boards in return.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anyone seen the hype video they posted on FB? Mentioned "redecorating" and Ngata was holding a shield....does this mean they're bringing back the shield to mid-field??? That would be awesome, if so.
I hated the idea of the bird at the 50 but it’s really grown on me and I think I prefer it to the shield. I think the lack of red and yellow and white really makes the field look more intimidating, the shield on the 50 is so damn big and that puts so much red and yellow and white on the field and I don’t think such a heavy dose of those colors really looks right for the ravens

One thing I’d like to see though is something creative done with our end zones. It always seems super bland and lame

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We had January Joe. Maybe Lamar turns into January Jackson or Late Season Llama... I'm working on it. I'll worry about that later. Truth is I think defensively we're capable. I question what our offense would do.

Just going to enjoy each week and watching the young guys develop. It's been so long since I was excited to see young receivers play here. This offense has the potential to be lethal.
Thats what im enjoying the most.. watching the young guys.. i dnt think we ever had so much young talent at once getting reps like theyre

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Poll:

When we beat NE in November, should @Deebo813 be placed in a pit of misery until after the playoffs (no TV or Internet):

1] yes
2] yes
Lol.. if we beat NE in novemver, its just gonna hype the fans up into thinking we have a real chance.. what i was saying was that if we had to play NE twice id rather lose the game that dont counts( reg season).. if we were able to beat NE in November and in playoffs, then i should most def get placed in the pit

rossihunter2

Staff Member
am now watching the cardinals defence - some notes:

they rotate at ILB situationally a lot - Haason Reddick came in for obvious passing downs to replace joe walker
outside of that ILB rotation - their LBs played a lot of snaps last week - Jordan Hicks, chandler jones, terrell suggs arent getting a huge amount of rest - i expect reddick to play a lot more this week against us albeit even with more snaps than Walker he was largely invisible during the game

Jordan Hicks can be victimised by TEs - thinking Hayden Hurst or Mark Andrews may well take advantage of him especially in zone looks when lined up as an in-line TE

cardinals were in nickel for over half their defensive snaps

it's hard to get a sense of how the LBs will play vs our offence given that Detroit didnt use a lot of play-action and stafford is a very different type of qb to lamar (for reference the ravens against the dolphins used a form of play-action on 50% of our offensive snaps)

one of they're starting outside corners is Byron Murphy who's a 2nd round pick - played well at times but also looks like a rookie - was very tentative towards the end of the game and didnt want to make a mistake so ended up playing so soft and gave receivers cushion to take advantage of

every single one of the starting corners for the cardinals blew one assignment each at some point in the game - their secondary is really inconsistent and budda baker has played well but his lack of size as the free safety is something we can take advantage of with our receiving corps

Terrell Suggs was the best player on that Cardinals defence - he looked dominant like he did early last year - it's insane he's this good in his 17th season - Ronnie and Orlando are gonna have their hands full dealing with him

ooft the more i watch the game the more i see we can take advantage of joe walker - if we see him on the field and we can get andrews running through his zone or matched up 1v1 that's a matchup mark wins almost every time

play-action on early downs is going to kill this cardinals defence - 2 of hockenson's early big plays came on play-action where the linebacker either bit on the fake or just couldnt cover him

haha and the lions ran a zone-read with stafford that stafford kept and went for 10 yards lol - one of the few snaps that Suggs wasnt on the field for and the DE just crashed inside and left a gaping hole

completely meaningless to our film study but just saw a Lions OL make a great block on a positive run went and checked who it was and it was Rick Wagner lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Hollywood didn’t practice today. I really hope he suits up for Sunday

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hollywood didn’t practice today. I really hope he suits up for Sunday

4 guys didnt practice:

Hollywood (he didnt practice last friday either - given its walkthroughs and given that he was limited yesterday its probably a rest day again while he gets eased in while hes still recovering)
Jimmy Smith (for obvious reasons)
Pernell Mcphee (likely a vet day)
Mark Andrews (baltimore beat guys had no idea why he wasnt practicing but schefter just tweeted that it was just some rest for him)

reminder that friday is normally walk through day and not really a proper padded practice or anything