• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Cardinals Edition

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
chris jones does not play the same position as them. He is too tall to be a NT. He would be a 5-tech in this scheme. our scheme relies heavily on having big immovable people in the middle of the line and relying on those around them to get pressure. Anything in addition to that is just gravy and not what we look for when evaluating players
He isn't but we could do more with guys like him instead of fat nose guard in the middle. That's what I'm saying. Change the scheme to one that would really suit Wink's aggressiveness.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
chris jones does not play the same position as them. He is too tall to be a NT. He would be a 5-tech in this scheme. our scheme relies heavily on having big immovable people in the middle of the line and relying on those around them to get pressure. Anything in addition to that is just gravy and not what we look for when evaluating players
So field players that aren’t effective at getting to the qb just for lulz. Sounds like a scheme problem.

I promise you without a shadow of a doubt, that if this team had a Quality DT who was less of an anchor and more of a penetrator, he would be played to rush the passer.

It’s a talent issue, not a scheme issue. We are past the days of turning away talented players because they aren’t scheme fits.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
He isn't but we could do more with guys like him instead of fat nose guard in the middle. That's what I'm saying. Change the scheme to one that would really suit Wink's aggressiveness.
Don't we basically do that with all the sub-packages that he uses? If we need more pressure up the middle we have the bull rushers necessary to do that. Finding a player that can anchor and rush the passer is one in a million.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don't we basically do that with all the sub-packages that he uses? If we need more pressure up the middle we have the bull rushers necessary to do that. Finding a player that can anchor and rush the passer is one in a million.
yeah, Aaron Donald's don't come around that often.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's not, Bama alone churned out 3 in last 4 years.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
That's why I said Jones.
I wish we had Jones too because he'd be a great 5-tech for us, but we prioritized other positions in past drafts. I'm pretty sure we're going CB early in this next draft too. It'll probably be CB, OT, OG, EDGE in some order depending on if we re-sign Judon and Pierce

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wish we had Jones too because he'd be a great 5-tech for us, but we prioritized other positions in past drafts. I'm pretty sure we're going CB early in this next draft too. It'll probably be CB, OT, OG, EDGE in some order depending on if we re-sign Judon and Pierce
definitely wouldn't surprise me if we went after any of those positions, and CB without Jimmy next season and Carr in 2021 is a need.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah. He's OK but not that level
I’ll have to freshen up on the film as I haven’t watched him since he opted out of the draft, but I recall him being an extremely high ceiling guy who needs to work on some things, just can’t remember those things lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’ll have to freshen up on the film as I haven’t watched him since he opted out of the draft, but I recall him being an extremely high ceiling guy who needs to work on some things, just can’t remember those things lol
He will end up 5T in pros, I think

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Went over to the Cards subreddit to see any tears, but saw some serious respect. Quite a few calling us contenders to win the AFC.

Kinda made me feel bad lol.

A good I have not seen mentioned is Lamar getting 120 on 16 carries AND basically not taking real hits. Most of his runs he got the edge and made it out of bounds. A few he got tackles but not popped. When he gets 12 yards unscathed I am giddy.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
A good I have not seen mentioned is Lamar getting 120 on 16 carries AND basically not taking real hits. Most of his runs he got the edge and made it out of bounds. A few he got tackles but not popped. When he gets 12 yards unscathed I am giddy.
He had opportunities to run so many more.. idk if thats good or bad.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He had opportunities to run so many more.. idk if thats good or bad.

That’s down to the cardinals game plan - they sold out to stuff our interior running game and it left the RPO and zone-read qb keeps open all day but at times we insisted on running into that stacked front

Should be noted that run defence looks like the strongest aspect of that cardinals defence

Charm City

Pro Bowler
That’s down to the cardinals game plan - they sold out to stuff our interior running game and it left the RPO and zone-read qb keeps open all day but at times we insisted on running into that stacked front

Should be noted that run defence looks like the strongest aspect of that cardinals defence
unless we spread it out with no RB in the backfield, it looked like we faced 8 or 9 man boxes the whole game