• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Cardinals Edition

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really liked what I saw yesterday. Marlon Humphrey is just turning into such a great corner and I noticed coming on some blitzes. We're real lucky to have him. I think we ought to nickname Lamar "The Magician". I mean at least 90% of the time he got me with those options and all those different throwing angles...………. But that Harbs was again gonna gop for it on a long 4th and 1 when a FG would give us a 2 score lead. I was actually was thankful we got the penalty. He drives me crazy with that shit. This aint fn Vegas.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really liked what I saw yesterday. Marlon Humphrey is just turning into such a great corner and I noticed coming on some blitzes. We're real lucky to have him. I think we ought to nickname Lamar "The Magician". I mean at least 90% of the time he got me with those options and all those different throwing angles...………. But that Harbs was again gonna gop for it on a long 4th and 1 when a FG would give us a 2 score lead. I was actually was thankful we got the penalty. He drives me crazy with that shit. This aint fn Vegas.

I am really not convinced he was ever going to go for it. I honestly believe it was just an offsides ploy to try and get the 1st because otherwise why not call timeout?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am really not convinced he was ever going to go for it. I honestly believe it was just an offsides ploy to try and get the 1st because otherwise why not call timeout?
I don't think so. According to Zriebec he was so pissed when he got to the sideline he threw his helmet down.

He had opportunities to run so many more.. idk if thats good or bad.
On the designed pass plays where guys aren't immediately open, I think it is very good.

I feel like he is getting a good handle on when to be patient and to allow his receivers to get open and when to pull down and run. Yesterday, he opted to run when we absolutely needed a first down and saw he could get it easily and get out of bounds. Vs Miami, we weren't in those situations so he was patient and eventually found an open receiver.

I think he's moved away from running immediately when he doesn't see an open man and is being more judicious about when to run the ball.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
On the designed pass plays where guys aren't immediately open, I think it is very good.

I feel like he is getting a good handle on when to be patient and to allow his receivers to get open and when to pull down and run. Yesterday, he opted to run when we absolutely needed a first down and saw he could get it easily and get out of bounds. Vs Miami, we weren't in those situations so he was patient and eventually found an open receiver.

I think he's moved away from running immediately when he doesn't see an open man and is being more judicious about when to run the ball.
he didn't run immediately last year and went through routes. He did more often roll out and keep his eyes downfield last year, now he is staying in the pocket.

He absolutely has more patients though and definitely is reading the defense well.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

No they was going for it. Harbs was over there looking like he was constipated.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It’s like the cardinals downplayed Lamar’s passing like lots of casual pundits against the dolphins
This is a good thing because now teams will be more weary of this. If Lamar is a chessmaster as I hope he is, our offense can basically adapt from game to game and that has me excited long-term.

No they was going for it. Harbs was over there looking like he was constipated.
Indeed! This is fucking Harbs we're talking about.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is a good thing because now teams will be more weary of this. If Lamar is a chessmaster as I hope he is, our offense can basically adapt from game to game and that has me excited long-term.

the best thing about this is that we've just demonstrated that we can rip apart a defence based on what they dictate to us - what's gonna be great is when defences realise they cant hedge their bets one way or the other and suddenly the offence gets to dictate to the defence what is happening which will finally open up the last piece in the puzzle which is the interior running game

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is it a little concerning tho that for the most part our run game outside of Lamar was stifled? Ingram only averaged 3.7 yards per carry and it never seemed like it got going. Just throwing it out there, maybe AZ sold out for it and let Lamar beat them? Deferring to someone more knowledgable than me.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is it a little concerning tho that for the most part our run game outside of Lamar was stifled? Ingram only averaged 3.7 yards per carry and it never seemed like it got going. Just throwing it out there, maybe AZ sold out for it and let Lamar beat them? Deferring to someone more knowledgable than me.
They were stacking the line big time , so yea they dared Lamar to best them with his arm.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
the best thing about this is that we've just demonstrated that we can rip apart a defence based on what they dictate to us - what's gonna be great is when defences realise they cant hedge their bets one way or the other and suddenly the offence gets to dictate to the defence what is happening which will finally open up the last piece in the puzzle which is the interior running game
And this is why need to upgrade our interior o-line. It's the only thing that stopping our offense from reaching levels we've never seen before from the Ravens.

I think we saw a better idea of what our oline can do against better competition, pass pro is ok but some holding from our tackles and not much power in the middle. We need to consistently set the tone with our running game and thats not going to happen with our interior.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we saw a better idea of what our oline can do against better competition, pass pro is ok but some holding from our tackles and not much power in the middle. We need to consistently set the tone with our running game and thats not going to happen with our interior.
If we can't set the tone with running the ball against the Chiefs, we will not have a chance of winning.

If we can't set the tone with running the ball against the Chiefs, we will not have a chance of winning.
I think Mahomes throws all over us. I can’t see us getting any pass rush on him and Averett is a huge liability. Whoever has the ball last will probably win the game.

And this is why need to upgrade our interior o-line. It's the only thing that stopping our offense from reaching levels we've never seen before from the Ravens.
I think it was more Mark Ingram than the line blocking. Hill needs more carries he’s just more elusive and brings more speed when hitting the hole.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think Mahomes throws all over us. I can’t see us getting any pass rush on him and Averett is a huge liability. Whoever has the ball last will probably win the game.
Mahomes throws all over everybody.
But so does Lamar apparently. And Earl Thomas and Wink have entire year of Mahomes' film now, including those multiple pick games in 2018.