• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Chiefs

JO_75

Hall of Famer
WTF CBS?

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs (CBS) Announcers: Ian Eagle (play-by-play), Dan Fouts (analyst), Evan Washburn (reporter)

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks (CBS) Announcers: Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Tony Romo (analyst), Tracy Wolfson (reporter)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
WTF CBS?

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs (CBS) Announcers: Ian Eagle (play-by-play), Dan Fouts (analyst), Evan Washburn (reporter)

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks (CBS) Announcers: Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Tony Romo (analyst), Tracy Wolfson (reporter)
old news

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn't see it until tonight and I was looking up who we had lol. I'm more surprised this is a 10am start time in KC and not a 1PM start time in KC.
they are a one hour time difference from us. It's a 12pm start time. 1pm Est

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My main man Andre Boyd.....#NotRayLewis.....getting us ready for dem Chiefs!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs will be without their starting LT Eric Fisher and starting Cam Erving at LT in his absence. Wink needs to dial up blitzes early to see how Erving handles it as I believe most of his time in the NFL has been at Guard or Center, not Tackle. The best we can hope for is a ground and pound attack where we keep Mahomes benched as much as possible and tire out their defense. By the end of the game, if we can keep it where Lamar can just get us down field and let Tucker do his thing for the game winning FG, we can win this. If Mahomes wrecks our secondary, we are in trouble.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Idk what the outcome of this game will be. I think we need to get everyone involved and not just andrews and hollywood

I have to say, I don't remember having butterflies this early before any other game. I think I might start smoking again.

Also, I really like Wink Martindale's no-nonsense demeanour. Great, great coach - think we might lose him after this season.
I try not to think about losing our coordinators. I could easily see both of them going. I’ll just try to enjoy them while they are here.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Listening to the Lefkoe podcast, Warren Sharp brought up the Ravens defense has struggled very much against 3 wide receiver sets which is what the Chiefs are doing very well this year. He also pointed out the past couple years the Ravens defense without Jimmy Smith goes from almost 1st in every passing category to 30th in the league. I think the only way the Ravens win this game is the time of possession and force a turnover somehow. I think people are still sleeping on the Ravens, I just hope that Wink adjusts from the defense's poor performance against 3 wide sets against the Dolphins and Cardinals.

To add though the Chiefs have seen a drop in redzone percentage quite a bit from last year and are less successful there. The Ravens held the Cardinals to several field goals. If the Ravens can hold them to field goals I think they have a shot.

Lets go Ravens 30-23

The world is expecting us to pound the ball ... and what do our opponents do when they expect that? They stack the box.

What we’ve seen this season is we take what the defense gives us. And that’s exactly how we should play it. Lamar has been feasting on defenses that have been daring him to throw.

As much as people (me included) would love to see us grind them up on the ground, we may see more of the same. Us striking our opponent wherever they leave themselves open. That’s what a balanced attack can do.

The world is expecting us to pound the ball ... and what do our opponents do when they expect that? They stack the box.

What we’ve seen this season is we take what the defense gives us. And that’s exactly how we should play it. Lamar has been feasting on defenses that have been daring him to throw.

As much as people (me included) would love to see us grind them up on the ground, we may see more of the same. Us striking our opponent wherever they leave themselves open. That’s what a balanced attack can do.

Yes, and we finally have coordinators who can make adjustments on the fly. It’s a beautiful thing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Listening to the Lefkoe podcast, Warren Sharp brought up the Ravens defense has struggled very much against 3 wide receiver sets which is what the Chiefs are doing very well this year. He also pointed out the past couple years the Ravens defense without Jimmy Smith goes from almost 1st in every passing category to 30th in the league. I think the only way the Ravens win this game is the time of possession and force a turnover somehow. I think people are still sleeping on the Ravens, I just hope that Wink adjusts from the defense's poor performance against 3 wide sets against the Dolphins and Cardinals.

To add though the Chiefs have seen a drop in redzone percentage quite a bit from last year and are less successful there. The Ravens held the Cardinals to several field goals. If the Ravens can hold them to field goals I think they have a shot.

Lets go Ravens 30-23
But in years past, we’ve had the likes of Eric weddle and Kendrick Lewis at safety, and before Humphrey and Carr we had no quality cb2 either. Weddle was good at what he did but he lacked the range to make up for the loss of a corner, earl Thomas should be different, and last week I believe was just our secondary working out some kinks. Humphrey and Carr is a solid 1-2 punch at cb and we still have earl Thomas and Tony Jefferson is still a quality rover, we just can’t leave him to execute deep zone pickups anymore, he always struggles with it

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thanks to youtube recommendations I watched part of honey badger's press conference and he told they basically want to keep Lamar in the pocket lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Thanks to youtube recommendations I watched part of honey badger's press conference and he told they basically want to keep Lamar in the pocket lol
Fine then, hopefully Lamar gives them the same fate the Dolphins suffered when they wanted to be ONLY a passer.

If what honey badger means by “keep Lamar in the pocket” means, when he is back to pass, that they can’t let him get to the edge and pick up an easy 15 then that makes sense.

If it means that every play they are going to stack the box and dare him to throw - then throw he will and they may not like the results.