• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Chiefs

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well if we’re going to trade for a premier CB, now’s the time to do it. I’m scared shitless of Mahomes throwing in the direction of AA. Please send a 2nd somewhere, Eric. I still won’t trust Jimmy when he comes back. Dude has to many injuries.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
What’s the state of the AFC? Easy to overreact after two games, but Chargers aren’t doing well, Ben out for the season, AFC South is the AFC South.

Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens top 3 in the AFC currently? Not just based on standings, but look wise as well?

This is a litmus test for our boys.
We are top 3 only cause of the first two games but when offs start, we will be 5 or 6

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Would you say their defense is decidedly better than Arizona? I’m not so sure. Maybe by a hair, but the chiefs defense is not better than their historically bad unit from last year
Not really.. i just think they have more players that could make some big plays.

They're one of the top teams in the AFC, and we're playing at their place. It's their game to lose and we have everything to gain. I'm excited to watch this one; it's what sports is all about.

He’ll yeah! Going to be a fun one to watch. I’m a bit more optimistic about this one for two reasons:

1. This will be our second time playing them at their house in 2 years and I just don’t the intimidation factor of “the 12th man” will play into it at all.

2. Lamar is a better QB this time around with better weapons.

My biggest concern is our secondary. They need to get their shit together for this one.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Would you say their defense is decidedly better than Arizona? I’m not so sure. Maybe by a hair, but the chiefs defense is not better than their historically bad unit from last year
I hope not because we’re going to have to score a shit ton of points to win.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We are top 3 only cause of the first two games but when offs start, we will be 5 or 6

i mean outside of the pats and chiefs who are the teams better than us and who will finish better than us?

no team in the AFC South, no other team in the AFC West, no other team in the AFC East and we've got a minimum 1 game lead on the whole afc north after 2 games... and with big ben's injury there's only really the browns as competition in the division

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i mean outside of the pats and chiefs who are the teams better than us and who will finish better than us?

no team in the AFC South, no other team in the AFC West, no other team in the AFC East and we've got a minimum 1 game lead on the whole afc north after 2 games... and with big ben's injury there's only really the browns as competition in the division
Come playoff time, i dont see us beating browns, KC, Pats,nor chargers.. if we and all those teams were to make it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Come playoff time, i dont see us beating browns, KC, Pats,nor chargers.. if we and all those teams were to make it
you didn't think it would be close last year when we played the Chiefs. There is a reason you play the games.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What’s the state of the AFC? Easy to overreact after two games, but Chargers aren’t doing well, Ben out for the season, AFC South is the AFC South.

Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens top 3 in the AFC currently? Not just based on standings, but look wise as well?

This is a litmus test for our boys.
I think patriots ravens and chiefs are the class of the conference, and the nfc is looking pretty damn bad too. You have the cowboys, Seahawks, and packers, and the packers are one injury to an injury prone qb away from becoming nobodies, and the cowboys still have dak and his plays gonna have to continue if they wanna stay at the top.

We’re gonna find out if the ravens are truly a class afc team, and a win doesn’t necessarily prove it, even if we lose, showing that we can stand up and limit an all world passer down 2 corners, would show that we can beat ANYONE with or without jimmy.

I genuinely don’t see any defense doing anything more than containing Lamar, you’re not gonna stop this offense if it’s healthy, the best you can do is contain it. Too dynamic, power run, speed run, deep ball, possession passing, elite TE, and 11v11 ball on every snap due to Lamar being the most dangerous runner on the field. I think it’s up to our defense to make us studs or duds

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think patriots ravens and chiefs are the class of the conference, and the nfc is looking pretty damn bad too. You have the cowboys, Seahawks, and packers, and the packers are one injury to an injury prone qb away from becoming nobodies, and the cowboys still have dak and his plays gonna have to continue if they wanna stay at the top.

We’re gonna find out if the ravens are truly a class afc team, and a win doesn’t necessarily prove it, even if we lose, showing that we can stand up and limit an all world passer down 2 corners, would show that we can beat ANYONE with or without jimmy.

I genuinely don’t see any defense doing anything more than containing Lamar, you’re not gonna stop this offense if it’s healthy, the best you can do is contain it. Too dynamic, power run, speed run, deep ball, possession passing, elite TE, and 11v11 ball on every snap due to Lamar being the most dangerous runner on the field. I think it’s up to our defense to make us studs or duds

i mean to be fair to dak he looks like he went away and has done something similar to lamar - he's looked pretty awesome through 2 weeks - if we give lamar the benefit of the doubt for 2 games then i think we have to give dak that same benefit

cowboys look like the class of the NFC right now and that's partly because their roster is loaded with talent but also Kellen Moore at OC has been a revelation - its quite telling that both the cowboys and ravens have schemes that make significant use of play-action and have been 2 of the most successful offences in the nfl so far

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not sure how the schedule makers thought the Browns / Rams (Sunday Night) or Skins / Bears (Monday Night) was the better game to see than the Chiefs / Ravens. smh

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Oh
well the way you said it was like we are going to be destroyed by them, so that's why I replied that way.
True. We dont ever really get destroyed except by pats that one year. I mean even if we were to win i still dont see us beating them in the playoffs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree we are top 3 in the AFC in one order or another and the best part about that is sami84 won't show as long as we are winning.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh
True. We dont ever really get destroyed except by pats that one year. I mean even if we were to win i still dont see us beating them in the playoffs
Pats have to be beaten with defense and are a tough out. Andy Reid in the playoffs isn't that good unless he has Jim Johnson as his DC.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think we need to pump the brakes little bit, it's only been 2 weeks.

This team is very young and honestly, I don't think we are as good on D as last year and to top it off, we're now just one injury in the secondary from full blown disaster. Offense is much better though, should be enough to win the division
Not sure how the schedule makers thought the Browns / Rams (Sunday Night) or Skins / Bears (Monday Night) was the better game to see than the Chiefs / Ravens. smh
$$$$