• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Chiefs

Tank

Hall of Famer
lol.....I think maybe you guys should wait 8 or 10 games prior to setting any sort of pecking order or ranking players. A lot happens over the course of the season and there really isn’t an acceptable sample size to judge anything anywhere.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Greg Senat picked up off waivers by the Chiefs - i wondered why we didnt re-sign him to the practice squad (we signed a former chiefs OL instead lol) - but chiefs added senat to the 53 - its a shame he's got the athletic skill and length to be a prototypical left tackle albeit he really didnt show much in preseason and if we are comfortable not having him active on gamedays then he's not our backup tackle so he's clearly not needed but always disappointing to lose a developmental player

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think we need to pump the brakes little bit, it's only been 2 weeks.

This team is very young and honestly, I don't think we are as good on D as last year and to top it off, we're now just one injury in the secondary from full blown disaster. Offense is much better though, should be enough to win the division

$$$$
you win

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
We will never beat the Chiefs with the corners we currently have playing unless we can control the clock and win the turnover battle.

I hope DeCosta is on the phone all week looking for a corner. Trade for Ramsey! That could be a pipe dream though.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We will never beat the Chiefs with the corners we currently have playing unless we can control the clock and win the turnover battle.

I hope DeCosta is on the phone all week looking for a corner. Trade for Ramsey! That could be a pipe dream though.

If they traded for Ramsey today he probably couldn't play until week 4 at the earliest (possibly 5) because he won't know the playbook.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Enough with Ramsey BS already

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Pats have to be beaten with defense and are a tough out. Andy Reid in the playoffs isn't that good unless he has Jim Johnson as his DC.
We only have hump at cb right now though and pass rushers arent really making any noise..i say we are like a year or so before we become contenders

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Greg Senat picked up off waivers by the Chiefs - i wondered why we didnt re-sign him to the practice squad (we signed a former chiefs OL instead lol) - but chiefs added senat to the 53 - its a shame he's got the athletic skill and length to be a prototypical left tackle albeit he really didnt show much in preseason and if we are comfortable not having him active on gamedays then he's not our backup tackle so he's clearly not needed but always disappointing to lose a developmental player
Really hope he isn’t able to shed any light to our philosophy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We only have hump at cb right now though and pass rushers arent really making any noise..i say we are like a year or so before we become contenders
I don't think we win this year, but getting to the playoffs makes us contenders, because we won't be backing into the playoffs.

Biggest hope for this game is that the trial by fire that they are giving Averett starts paying dividends because they are treating him like Jimmy and leaving him alone a lot which hopefully he grows into being able to do
I agree. Lots of people kinda bashing Averett, but he honestly didn't look that bad. He has the physical tools and speed to keep up with his guy, he just needs to work out when to turn and contest the pass. I think he's promising.

The more work he gets this year, the better idea we have on what we've got. Life without Jimmy (as if we haven't had enough experience with that given his injury history) starts next year and hopefully Averett will be a suitable replacement. We'll see.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree. Lots of people kinda bashing Averett, but he honestly didn't look that bad. He has the physical tools and speed to keep up with his guy, he just needs to work out when to turn and contest the pass. I think he's promising.

The more work he gets this year, the better idea we have on what we've got. Life without Jimmy (as if we haven't had enough experience with that given his injury history) starts next year and hopefully Averett will be a suitable replacement. We'll see.
He won't be . Corner and Pass Rusher will be priorities for the draft next year.

I think patriots ravens and chiefs are the class of the conference, and the nfc is looking pretty damn bad too. You have the cowboys, Seahawks, and packers, and the packers are one injury to an injury prone qb away from becoming nobodies, and the cowboys still have dak and his plays gonna have to continue if they wanna stay at the top.

We’re gonna find out if the ravens are truly a class afc team, and a win doesn’t necessarily prove it, even if we lose, showing that we can stand up and limit an all world passer down 2 corners, would show that we can beat ANYONE with or without jimmy.

I genuinely don’t see any defense doing anything more than containing Lamar, you’re not gonna stop this offense if it’s healthy, the best you can do is contain it. Too dynamic, power run, speed run, deep ball, possession passing, elite TE, and 11v11 ball on every snap due to Lamar being the most dangerous runner on the field. I think it’s up to our defense to make us studs or duds
You kinda left out the Rams.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean being honest im not sure there's a defence in the league that can stop the mahomes led offence - it's going to be about getting key stops at key times and playing sound defence when we do get an advantage (say a penalty or a sack that puts them behind the chains)

you're not shutting out this offence but its about lamar and our offence controlling the time of possession and keeping pace on the score sheet - reduce mahomes's possessions and you have a chance

the one key area where the chiefs have struggled compared to last year on offence so far this year is in red zone efficiency - last year it was around 50% success, this year so far its about 35% or so - that's also where our defence in its current form seems to become stoutest