• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Chiefs

To me - this game is gravy. We need to compete well and hang with them, but if we lose isn't going to make or break our season. If we win, it will be sweet.

... its the 3 games that follow that are absolutely critical

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This is dope

Selection_003.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seahawks look a lot weaker than I thought they'd be, but who knows how they are playing by then. Same for us.

it's a tough stretch - chiefs, 3 division games in a row, seahawks and then patriots

we've got to go on the road to arrowhead and the Clink in that run

we should end up 4-2 in those games at least but you know a division opponent will play us tougher than they should/the seahawks will do something in a close game etc.

but if we get out of that stretch of games at 5-3 we'll be in a strong position

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here’s the latest on Twitter : CB Jalen Ramsey’s agent asked for a trade after yesterday’s loss at Houston, league sources tell Chris Mortensen and me. The Jaguars have spoken with interested teams, but there is no current plan to trade Ramsey.

I’m sure we are one of the interested teams .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here’s the latest on Twitter : CB Jalen Ramsey’s agent asked for a trade after yesterday’s loss at Houston, league sources tell Chris Mortensen and me. The Jaguars have spoken with interested teams, but there is no current plan to trade Ramsey.

I’m sure we are one of the interested teams .

given our pre-draft interest and the fact we tried to trade up to get him im sure we'll be one of the teams to enquire just to find out the asking price etc.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would trade for Ramsey I just wouldn’t give more than a 3rd due to his personality and cost. I don’t feel like the Jaguars have a lot to negotiate on because there’s obviously bad blood between him and the coach.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I would trade for Ramsey I just wouldn’t give more than a 3rd due to his personality and cost. I don’t feel like the Jaguars have a lot to negotiate on because there’s obviously bad blood between him and the coach.
They want a 1st +.

There’s bad blood between Ramsey and the world, not just the Jags coach. no thanks.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yet we were heavily interested in him pre-draft when he still had character concerns. You want a team full of angels and yes-sir’s?
You're funny.
There's not much wrong with the type of guys we have on the team now. Plus, they all speak english.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
That’s a touch too rich for me.
Not for me. He’s worth a 1st, and we’ll (hopefully) be picking late. Who in the mid to late 1st will be anywhere as good as Jalen? Nobody. However, we can probably finesse that shitty organization for less than a 1st anyways.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not for me. He’s worth a 1st, and we’ll (hopefully) be picking late. Who in the mid to late 1st will be anywhere as good as Jalen? Nobody. However, we can probably finesse that shitty organization for less than a 1st anyways.
I will be a bit surprised if we make the trade for a first. I don’t think we would do that. Guess we will find out soon enough.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I will be a bit surprised if we make the trade for a first. I don’t think we would do that. Guess we will find out soon enough.
Oh I agree. I’d be surprised as well, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it at all

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

First round picks are made to find players like him though. Can't imagine, outside of money, not doing it.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs backline is pretty banged up

LESEAN MCCOY
RB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports LeSean McCoy's (ankle) MRI showed no significant damage.
He has a "shot" to play in Sunday's Week 3 showdown against the Ravens. With Damien Williams (groin) also on the mend, rookie Darwin Thompson could be handed a few more touches than usual. McCoy will garner RB3/FLEX status if he's active.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Sep 17, 2019, 8:19 AM ET

DAMIEN WILLIAMS
RB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Damien Williams rushed nine times for eight yards in the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Raiders, adding three receptions for 48 additional yards.
Williams and the Chiefs' running game in general couldn't get much of anything going Sunday, totaling just 31 yards on 22 rush attempts. Williams continued to flash a solid receiving floor, but he suffered a knee injury in the fourth quarter and didn't return. The extent of the injury is unclear at this time. We'd expect LeSean McCoy to work as the starter if Williams ultimately misses time, with Darwin Thompson also seeing plenty of snaps. The Chiefs take on the Ravens in Week 3.

Sep 15, 2019, 8:08 PM ET

We should be able to take advantage of that and make them one dimensional. That one dimension is scary but should be easier to defend, like what happened in Oakland last week.