• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just saw this on NFL.com.
Marc Sessler.
BALTIMORE RAVENS: Buy wide receiver DeVante Parker. Potential compensation: 2020 fourth-round pick.

I don’t even understand this trade suggestion, sure Devante Parker is still young, but he hasn’t produced anything in his 5 years. If they suggested a 6th or 7th it be understandable.
I just don’t find Parker interesting enough to believe he’s going to upgrade the receiver corps. He meant still snaps from Roberts or Boykin

A1A

Veteran
Marc Sessler.
BALTIMORE RAVENS: Buy wide receiver DeVante Parker. Potential compensation: 2020 fourth-round pick.

I don’t even understand this trade suggestion, sure Devante Parker is still young, but he hasn’t produced anything in his 5 years. If they suggested a 6th or 7th it be understandable.
I just don’t find Parker interesting enough to believe he’s going to upgrade the receiver corps. He meant still snaps from Roberts or Boykin

Man this just gets under my skin...last year I suggested this move and we could have gotten him for much less. Got chewed on here when I said the guy just needs a new scenery and is close friends with Lamar. Now that snippet there is BS.
The fan base and beat writers are suggesting the Phins wait for a 2nd cause what the Pats gave up for Sanu of all people(really uncharacteristic they must be desperate). If u think the phins FO dont listen to the people think again some team will fork that over.

A1A

Veteran
Also wtfudge man its week 8 and Roberts has done what now?? Wheres Moore? And who's this Boykin guy everyone keeps mentioning? Since week 1 Hollywood has been exactly what I expected good player just to damn small and never worth that draft pick but I guess I rather have him in the slot down the road than anyone else. Also can we see what Jaleel Scott has? How about a go route geez. Oh that's right hes on the 53 for his superb tackling.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Marc Sessler.

I mean I’m fine with it as long as it doesn’t take picks away from acquiring Yannick. He and Lamar have a rapport and maybe Parker just needs a change of scenery and a better locker room

A1A

Veteran
Still Unbelievable that the FO and fans etc...is like oooo let's get that Parker kid he looks good. Like wdf?? It took a 3 TD game stretch for them to see this?? We should have nabbed him last year at the trade deadline but it really seems like teams listen to espn, websites, etc..cause they were the only place where one would say he sucks. On the field he was great working with what he got on a horrible run team.

They are throwing him the ball every game showcasing him. I'm hip and guess what it worked he'll be on another team and get a fat contract. Seattle or Colts or Saints maybe even the Raiders. I bet money that the pats offered but the phins will never trade with them again.

Last edited:
sadly this frame of thinking seems to fall in-line with Ravens coaches these days. The one compromise was Dumervil. We can & have found a million edge setters none of them developed into double digit sack artists.
It just feels like the staff gets obsessed with either moving guys around or them being edge-setters. By the time the team deems them worthy of significant playing time it’s contract time.

kruger, McPhee, z.smith , Correa, Bowser & T.Williams.
* C.Upshaw played immediately great edge-setter zero pass rush ( no fan love ever)
*Judon played quite a bit early on and continued to.
**Mcphee had excellent rookie year injuries and position changes stunned his early development

When Bowser and Tim Williams were subbed in teams just ran at them, thats why the team is "obsessed with edge setters" Bowser is a backup and Williams got cut.

A1A

Veteran
Definitely on board the Yannick train make that happen. Also what u think the price for Leonard William's is? Shaq Barrett anyone? At this point its pass rush or go home. Trade whatever to get it done except next years 1st because we need that for a G or Center. 2nd 3rd 4th 5th D D D D D and more D

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
One more thing will Yannick have his hands in the dirt or will we stand him up?
unfortunately we would probably stand him up to create the illusion that he may drop, his first step will take a hit as a result, and he will literally never drop and when he does he will likely be targeted.

hes not here yet though... i said yet because im confident.

Reactions: A1A

A1A

Veteran
unfortunately we would probably stand him up to create the illusion that he may drop, his first step will take a hit as a result, and he will literally never drop and when he does he will likely be targeted.

Yea I figured. Judon plays both right?

JAAM

Hall of Famer

You’re confident we’ll trade for Yannick? Why is that?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You’re confident we’ll trade for Yannick? Why is that?
because i am almost certain that something pretty big is in the works and literally nothing else makes sense.

1. we still havent filled the spots vacated by mcphee and bethel
2. no other pass rusher out there is worth sending picks for
3. any pass rusher on the trade block is inferior to ngakoue and also wouldnt fit under our cap, double whammy
4. decosta means business right now. you could send a 2 or 3 to jax for this guy, extend him, extend peters, and you are suddenly loaded and you did it with a mere day 2 pick, no day 2 player we will draft is as safe a bet as ngakoue. i think decosta understands these things

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
because i am almost certain that something pretty big is in the works and literally nothing else makes sense.

3. any pass rusher on the trade block is inferior to ngakoue and also wouldnt fit under our cap, double whammy
4. decosta means business right now. you could send a 2 or 3 to jax for this guy, extend him, extend peters, and you are suddenly loaded and you did it with a mere day 2 pick, no day 2 player we will draft is as safe a bet as ngakoue. i think decosta understands these things

Who we all want: yannick
Who we’ll probably get and settle for: Ryan anderson

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Who we all want: yannick
Who we’ll probably get and settle for: Ryan anderson
i wouldnt be surprised, and frankly, that move would mean essentially nothing lol. if anderson, who was fairly advanced and had the physical makeup to hold up in the nfl, has been an absolute nobody so far, then i dont think hes gonna just suddenly become something special, or even relevant.

A1A

Veteran

I share your sentiment. EDC is pushing for the division and beyond. The only thing I hate is the fact that us winning on the backs of our players heart and determination(mostly Lamar) will mean more of Harbaugh. Yall see BB gather the troops while up 24 vs the Jets?? When have u seen Harbs do that.....down by 24. It's just sad cause I know what's coming and no it's not me thinking negative it's what I expect of years of the same. Dating back to year 1-2 of Harbs. Hes holding us back and Lamar who has far exceeded my expectations will pay for it. If we could and I am dead serious about this...win make the playoffs and lose...trade Harbs for a 1st maybe 2 1st cause teams are stupid. Lol I promise u we wont miss a beat.

Obviously if we win the SB then Harbs stays lol but Boldin and Pollard aren't coming down that tunnel.

Last edited:

A1A

Veteran
Also Yannick would be great but he also has help over there. Here he'll just be double teamed...but it's better than what we got.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yannick isn't being traded by the Jags unless they get beat this week and lose all playoff hopes. I'm not sure they won't give him an extension now that Ramsey is gone either. He is one of their best players right now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yannick isn't being traded by the Jags unless they get beat this week and lose all playoff hopes. I'm not sure they won't give him an extension now that Ramsey is gone either. He is one of their best players right now.
they offered 19m per season avg and he turned it down. This is the reason why I think it's possible he gets traded. They don't want him to walk for nothing.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I tend to agree, when teams don’t really want to get rid of a player they ask for way more than he is worth. I think that is the case here and I don’t think EDC is that desperate to make a bad trade.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I tend to agree, when teams don’t really want to get rid of a player they ask for way more than he is worth. I think that is the case here and I don’t think EDC is that desperate to make a bad trade.
they did the same with ramsey but there comes a point when an owner has to understand that you can lose the player and get a pick at the very end of the third round the next year, or you can get a better pick that year by trading. they understood that with ramsey, and they would be crazy to believe they actually have a shot at the playoffs, they have zero chance at the division at this point and the five seed currently has 1 loss, and the six seed is a very crowded race that they dont have much chance in.