• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Take this for what it's worth but Jeff Zrebiec doesn't seem to think we're going to do anything much as it pertains to getting a pass rusher ( as we've been trying to for weeks now without success apparently)

Yannick fits under our cap now and we can extend him in the offseason

yes but the jags want more than we're willing to offer.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
yes but the jags want more than we're willing to offer.
We have no idea what EDC would give up for an extremely young and elite pass rusher who can be with us for several years. EDC is aggressive and smart. If we’re picking in the 20’s, there won’t be anyone like Yannick and he knows this.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have no idea what EDC would give up for an extremely young and elite pass rusher who can be with us for several years. EDC is aggressive and smart. If we’re picking in the 20’s, there won’t be anyone like Yannick and he knows this.

Personally if i'd give away a 1st i'd ask for Yannick ( with extension in place) and their 3rd round pick.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ya but a 1st round pick for a guy who could potentially only play 9 games for us is a huge risk. Then we'll have Judon and Yannick to resign and idk if its possible to keep both as well as Peter's and get a deal done with Stanley.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ya but a 1st round pick for a guy who could potentially only play 9 games for us is a huge risk. Then we'll have Judon and Yannick to resign and idk if its possible to keep both as well as Peter's and get a deal done with Stanley.
Stanley has a 5th year option in 2020. He doesn't need to be resigned, but it would be nice if we can, because that would most likely lower his cap number in the initial year.

I think it would be smart to extend Humphrey and Stanley at the end of this year and consider the increase in cap (no one knows how much) with the new cba in 2021.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jags know Yannick is walking in the offseason so they have no leverage. Should take a 3rd this year and maybe a mid rounder next year. Not sure where the 1st is coming from.

yes, he would cost 1.2m. No way we trade a high pick for him without having him already extended. No way in hell
This. My guess it there is no way they get a 1st from us in a deal, regardless of extension. If that's what the Jags are looking for, perhaps they'd settle for a compromise that would involve a 2nd in 2020 and a 2021 4th or 5th rounder. I don't think we make that level of a deal without working an extension before hand.

Judging how hard it is to negotiate contracts in the off-season, I have no idea how we can work a deal at the drop of a hat, so it is seems unlikely that a deal gets done unless Jags pull back on their demands. Who knows, maybe Yannick is dying to play for the Ravens and would be willing to work out a deal right now? That's probably a pipe dream.

Jags know Yannick is walking in the offseason so they have no leverage. Should take a 3rd this year and maybe a mid rounder next year. Not sure where the 1st is coming from.
The first was floated by the GMF team. The BaltimoreBeatdown article @RavensMania posted previously speculates a 2020 2nd round pick and 2021 4th round pick.

While they know they won't sign him in the off-season, isn't it likely that they get a 3rd round comp in 2021? Just looking to advance that to a 2020 3rd rounder and lose his services for this year doesn't seem like enough for them to make a move. IMO a 2nd rounder would be a rock-bottom price on their end for a deal.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The first was floated by the GMF team. The BaltimoreBeatdown article @RavensMania posted previously speculates a 2020 2nd round pick and 2021 4th round pick.

While they know they won't sign him in the off-season, isn't it likely that they get a 3rd round comp in 2021? Just looking to advance that to a 2020 3rd rounder and lose his services for this year doesn't seem like enough for them to make a move. IMO a 2nd rounder would be a rock-bottom price on their end for a deal.
Also a 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft is worth a 4th round pick in 2021. Atleast that's how GM's look at it. So a 3rd round pick in an earlier year is offering more. Plus they would definitely get the comp and not have to worry about injury, ie Mosley and having other free agents cancel Yannick out.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Jeff Zrebiec
@jeffzrebiec

·
5h

They've been trying to trade for a pass rusher for a month.

source.gif

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i guess it'll be a waiting game to the last minute on who folds first

ravens or jags..
Where folding is concerned I don't care if we fold first because we need him to suit up against the Pats Sunday night. But, again I'm a fan that wants pass rush help really urgently. But in all honesty, if we are the lone player in that game, considering that the GMs know each other well I think they make a deal work. But, I think the wild card here is the Jags owner Shahid Khan. He's a greedy chum who will wait it out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
well we've got to fill this last spot on the roster - are we just gonna elevate the dude we have on the practice squad?

Aaron Adeoye - Joe Cullen unprompted brought him up last week as someone who's done well...

also to look at the practice squad and i had to scroll past the I/R guys

you've got the parts for most of a workable defence:

TJ and Deshon Elliot at safety
Tavon Young in the slot
Imam Marshall and Terrell Bonds at outside corner
Brynden Trawick at Dime
Otaro Alaka at LB
Pernell Mcphee on the Edge

missing some defensive linemen but that group of players there is probably better than some groups around the nfl