• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Still time. This doesn’t rule out a trade until the deadline has passed. I still have faith

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
The secondary is going to have to play lights out. I don't see the purpose of signing this guy other than to fill the 53.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
all i know about him is he's not a pass rushing type of player - long arms, better at 2-gapping - athletically gifted coming out of college - has played nfl snaps (not just a rando on a practice squad) but not sure he's even active on gamedays unless im seriously missing something
he hasn't had any snaps this year, including ST. Last year he played weeks 16 and 17 and had 21 snaps on DL, plus ST snaps.

He had 180 DL snaps in 2017

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The secondary is going to have to play lights out. I don't see the purpose of signing this guy other than to fill the 53.
Trust me, we’re still trading for someone.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i guess they liked him marginally more than who we had on our own practice squad so we brought him in to fill the space

I know we were limited in what was possible...but this was really the best we could do without overcompensating with draft capital?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don't think so. De Costa is already peeved most likley about our draft capital somewhat being minimized compared to what the outlook was a few weeks ago.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think so. De Costa is already peeved most likley about our draft capital somewhat being minimized compared to what the outlook was a few weeks ago.

tbf we've had 1 pick go because urban was cut (bethel cut was to get that back - but we may have planned to cut bethel anyway to get a 5th back also if urban had played all season)

and we've currently go the looming threat of a 3rd round comp pick turning into a 4th (or potentially 5th) with CJ Mosley's injury situation

i think it's more that we've been trying to trade for pass rushers for weeks and nothing's doing for what we can/want to afford - it's not like he's decided we're fine at the position and with mcphee i think this week there was a big push and these 2 pats signings have happened this week because its not happening

also entirely possible/probable that neither of these 2 signings are on this team after the pats game (or even before it)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
EDC isn’t stupid enough to let the defense continue without finding a replacement for Pernell. There’s just no way. He’s just going to have to up the offer for Yannick or someone else

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
EDC isn’t stupid enough to let the defense continue without finding a replacement for Pernell. There’s just no way. He’s just going to have to up the offer for Yannick or someone else

maybe they're going to run with Ferguson/Ward/Sieler

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have a knack for developing D linesman. I feel Ferguson will have a big role from here. Has he impressed me? not a single bit TBH

but maybe he'll improve..i have my doubts..wasn't a fan of his from the get go.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not sure anymore JAAM. It's entirely likely we'll pick up a talented pass rusher from the PS of other teams or maybe promote one from our PS. As the deadline draws closer, one thing is certain there is daylight between the trading entities. I don't know if that gap can be easily closed. Egos, need, situation and other issues collide leaving not much time to strike a deal. At least that is my view.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We have a knack for developing D linesman. I feel Ferguson will have a big role from here. Has he impressed me? not a single bit TBH

but maybe he'll improve..i have my doubts..wasn't a fan of his from the get go.
Did* have a knack. We desperately miss Clarence brooks(rip to that icon) and our DL haven’t developed for shit since we lost him