• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
It sucks that we didn't get anyone, but hearing that we went in on Adams is a great sign of things to come. EDC is going to be aggressive when great players become available and that's a big change from recent years.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Seeing us go for every big secondary player tells me that our analytics value that over interior help. Pierce is probably gone then
I don't think it's necessarily a matter of our ideology with respect to the trades. Getting a player like Marcus Peters for what his price tag was would've made sense on most rosters. And the Adams situation is one that comes up maybe once every couple of years, where you have a player that can be had for the minimum base for the next one and a half seasons, and you have a 5th year option at the end. We regards to both of those, to me, it feels more like the right opportunities. Plus I don't know if there was a quality pass rusher on the interior that made sense to trade for.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think it's necessarily a matter of our ideology with respect to the trades. Getting a player like Marcus Peters for what his price tag was would've made sense on most rosters. And the Adams situation is one that comes up maybe once every couple of years, where you have a player that can be had for the minimum base for the next one and a half seasons, and you have a 5th year option at the end. We regards to both of those, to me, it feels more like the right opportunities. Plus I don't know if there was a quality pass rusher on the interior that made sense to trade for.
This is very true, but we also don't know if this year was an aberration or is it going to be this active in future years as well. We will have to wait on that one. I agree with you that it was great to know that we tried to trade for Adams. It makes you really want to know if we will try and trade up in the draft for a talented player.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He shall command a 3rd!
lmao as long as he doesn't get injured. smh

Of course we do have a ton of cap space and may end up cancelling him out. Of course there are other players we won't be signing also that could end up becoming comp picks.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I would have loved to of had Adams, but we still have our draft capital to make a big jump in the draft when the time comes. I just like hearing that EDC is a wheeler and dealer, but he keeps a level head and refuses to over pay. Besides, isn’t Jimmy supposed to transition to safety when he comes back?.....lol. Speaking of Jimmy, is he still practicing?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would have loved to of had Adams, but we still have our draft capital to make a big jump in the draft when the time comes. I just like hearing that EDC is a wheeler and dealer, but he keeps a level head and refuses to over pay. Besides, isn’t Jimmy supposed to transition to safety when he comes back?.....lol. Speaking of Jimmy, is he still practicing?
Jimmy isn't going to play safety, if anything, is strong suite is using the boundary. It was Brandon Carr who practiced some at safety in the offseason. He will probably bounce around from nickel corner to safety. Carr is very flexible and can play around the defense. I'll be interested to see how they use all of our defensive backs, especially Hump, Peters and Jimmy

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never would have guess that EDC would go after Adams. That would have been nuts

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jets were asking for just a shade less than what the Jags asked for Jalen Ramsey, per BR.com

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Jamal Adams when he finds out he could've been a Raven:

giphy.gif

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
I wonder how LeVeon Bell feels to have his name appear in trade rumors? Especially at the last minute the Jets were trying and pushing a team to take this overrated player.

I guess I'm just a big "Anti-LeVeon" guy. Never fell into the hype. Remember when everyone thought he was the next coming of Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders or something lol a guy who hyped up this trash team and claim the Jets will arrive at some point. Only to be thrown on the trading block after a pitiful loss haha

I wonder how LeVeon Bell feels to have his name appear in trade rumors? Especially at the last minute the Jets were trying and pushing a team to take this overrated player.

I guess I'm just a big "Anti-LeVeon" guy. Never fell into the hype. Remember when everyone thought he was the next coming of Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders or something lol a guy who hyped up this trash team and claim the Jets will arrive at some point. Only to be thrown on the trading block after a pitiful loss haha
To me, any player on that team has to look no further than what they did to KO to say, OMG - get me outta here.

They wont be getting any FAs this offseason. You'd have to be nuts to sign on with that franchise.