• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Ugly and the Crazy @ Chiefs

Tank

Hall of Famer
The good......KC is hardly unbeatable, even at home. LJ is who we thought he was when running the ball. Unreal playmaker.
The ugly......execution on offense and a lot of LJ’s passes. Not sure why we continue to have two receivers on top of each other, happens way too much.
The crazy....... how terrible the officiating was it often made the game almost unwatchable.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sarah Ellison‏ @sgellison 19m19 minutes ago
John Harbaugh on 2-point conversions: "Every one of those were clear analytic decisions to go for 2. ... We're going to keep playing that way, just for the record. When you write your article, just understand that we'll disagree with your criticism. ... We don't play scared."

See, fuck analytics and use common sense. I don't mind the aggressiveness, but don't be stupid aboit it. Pick your battles.......especially when you're going up against of the most prolific (and bitch-made) QBs in the game right now.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar was rattled in the pocket today. He didn’t look comfortable at all. Now we’re back to the “he’s a Running Back” jokes all over social media. I can’t stand fat-couch QBs

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I love lamar but he consistently overthrew people today - needs to sort that out
i wonder if partly that was down to the ridiculous amount of pressure he was under on passing downs

we had to run the ball more early also - forgot about the running game despite the chiefs having basically no answer for it
It was probably combination of pressure and their solid secondary play that threw his timing out of whack.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The good......KC is hardly unbeatable, even at home. LJ is who we thought he was when running the ball. Unreal playmaker.
The ugly......execution on offense and a lot of LJ’s passes. Not sure why we continue to have two receivers on top of each other, happens way too much.
The crazy....... how terrible the officiating was it often made the game almost unwatchable.

It was definitely worse on TNF.

Great job, Niners...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It'd be good if someone can watch the all 22 and see what was happening with Hollywood on the line of scrimmage. Was he being slowed down by physical play?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Not sure what ET saw but he was running back at the line in the wrong direction. Would be interesting to see what made him bite so hard.

It looked like he doubled down on some wr underneath which made no sense. Just seemed like a dumb play on his part.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure what ET saw but he was running back at the line in the wrong direction. Would be interesting to see what made him bite so hard.
Impossible for me to tell from tv views what the coverage call might have been. It looked like Canady thought he had help over the top. It also looked like Thomas had little idea about deep field responsibility. He lines up about ten yards off the ball and bites on an underneath over the ball sit.
Just what it looked like on tv so I'm not positive but surely a miscommunication.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Impossible for me to tell from tv views what the coverage call might have been. It looked like Canady thought he had help over the top. It also looked like Thomas had little idea about deep field responsibility. He lines up about ten yards off the ball and bites on an underneath over the ball sit.
Just what it looked like on tv so I'm not positive but surely a miscommunication.
Yeah it seems like the secondary woes have little to do with missing pieces and more to do with poor communication. Hopefully ET can pull things together soon or it will be a long season.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah it seems like the secondary woes have little to do with missing pieces and more to do with poor communication. Hopefully ET can pull things together soon or it will be a long season.
Do I dare say Weddle was doing a better job ? Hard to believe and the jury is out on this one but ET has got to get the secondary’s act together .

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Do I dare say Weddle was doing a better job ? Hard to believe and the jury is out on this one but ET has got to get the secondary’s act together .
Keep in mind that ET never had the secondary that Weddle did since Tavon is out for the year and Jimmy is.......Jimmy.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's really disappointing that with all these options, no one is really stepping up and beating coverage on a consistent basis
also not much space being created with the route combinations - or maybe it only seems that way when compared to KC and the way Andy Reid is an offensive genius
We got out schemed and we never seemed to adjust with anything that might beat man. Or so it seemed at first viewing.
Both Hill and Boykin seem a little unsure to me and it might be that a combo of Moore/Roberts would serves better.