• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Ugly and the Crazy @ Chiefs

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson on biggest takeaway from game: "We let our defense down, I feel. Offensive line did a great job. I had a lot of throws I should've made. Deep balls -- Marquise [Brown] had 'em, Miles Boykin had 'em -- complete those, and we have more time on the clock."

this dude out here defending his dudes
yes he missed some balls that he'd like to have back but he had very little help all day and still kept us in this game

he's right thought hollywood did have them - not easy throws to make but if any of those early deep shots is on the money the game might have gone differently

i dont think lamar has a non-humble bone in his body
Him defending the OL for their work today should win him Walter Payton Man of the Year award.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
That run by Lamar was electric, jump out of your seat and holler stuff.

he'll wor k and study his tail off this week getting ready for Cleveland.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Mahomes had so much time today despite his OL being depleted - they were missing their LT yet they had 3 sacks to our 1

only LB who got any pressure was Judon (who consistently clowned the tackles but also obviously had the penalties)
Mcphee got victimised by screens a couple of times - not reading the blocks in front of him

only noticed Bowser and Timmy once each when they got a pressure each but otherwise basically nothing

saw that Ferguson was in - he lost contain on one snap and then next time i noticed him the chiefs scored an 83 yard td...
No pressure inside whatsoever. We need to change our philosophy - two fat guys still allowed 140 rushing yards on the ground and have not done anything in pass rush. Need more athletic guys there even if it will mean little more give in run D.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No pressure inside whatsoever. We need to change our philosophy - two fat guys still allowed 140 rushing yards on the ground and have not done anything in pass rush. Need more athletic guys there even if it will mean little more give in run D.

yeah other teams seem to have made that trade off - and honestly with the dearth in OL quality around the league if you're good with your hands you dont need to be amazingly huge to be able to penetrate - yes B Will and Pierce make running in between the numbers incredibly difficult but you know when they're together in the game that if you drop back to pass you're gonna have time in the pocket

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This gane taught me one thing. If Lamar is on his A game. Idk if anyone can beat us. We played like shit today. Refs screwed us and we still only lost by 5. Rather lose to the chiefs in the regular season than in the playoffs.

Not a fan of going for 2 all the time but it is what it is.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
yeah other teams seem to have made that trade off - and honestly with the dearth in OL quality around the league if you're good with your hands you dont need to be amazingly huge to be able to penetrate - yes B Will and Pierce make running in between the numbers incredibly difficult but you know when they're together in the game that if you drop back to pass you're gonna have time in the pocket
Kyler Murray was sacked 8 times today for 46 yards. Game not over yet.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar missed a LOT of throws and 2 of his 3 biggest plays were desperation heaves that fortunately weren't picked off (how did Snead catch that). He NEEDS to play better then that.

Also from a playcalling perspective the runs up the middle worked yet they got away from them way too often

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I want to see us run a lot of plays from the line of scrimmage and force the defense to keep their personnel on the field. Lamar seems to be his best when he is not thinking about things too much and is able to get the snap off quickly. He gets into a groove really fast, and I don't want anything to disrupt that momentum

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lamar missed a LOT of throws and 2 of his 3 biggest plays were desperation heaves that fortunately weren't picked off (how did Snead catch that). He NEEDS to play better then that.

Also from a playcalling perspective the runs up the middle worked yet they got away from them way too often
Indeed. But think about it, if THIS is his worst game when the regular season is over, then we got a lot to look forward to.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I do agree I think we should trade for Jalen we have the money to pay him we should try and get a super bowl while we have the money and he is worth the money all day long

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
he's going to be under pressure in the pocket a lot against cleveland
Garrett and Vernon off the edge, sheldon richardson inside

Vernon hasn't done squat. Like 3 tackles in two games. Not saying he won't get jump started, but has done nothing up to this point. Garrett has like 5 sacks, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle him. I'll also be interested in seeing how Lamar attacks the middle of the field with Schobert there.

Allot of things went wrong today for us. Too many costly penalties, no pressure on Mahomes for most of the game, breakdowns in our secondary, and yes Lamar had some missed throws. Oh yeah, and Harbs seems to have a fascination with going for two when you don’t really need to. Lol

I don’t like Winks use of Earl Thomas. He’s a single high free safety with outstanding range. He should be used as such not creeping into the box and having Jefferson covering the middle of the field.

Pierce and Williams have regressed this season so far. They haven’t been good. 2020 draft should be investments into both sides of the trenches

45 yard run called back
3rd and goal horse collar tackle led to new set of downs
Bogus PI call on the Brandon Carr int which led to a TD later
Peanut having an int go through his hands.

We have two of these things go our way and it’s a W