• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Browns

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Boykin hasn't stressed the defense in the slightest. no one is worried about game planning him and The ravens aren't really targeting him.need to move him a little and perhaps scheme to get him loose if he's your number two.

he's playing the least snaps of all the wrs - i think snead is probably the number 2 wide receiver - but in terms of receivers (think TEs and WRs combined) in general it looks like this

#1: Mark Andrews
#2: Hollywood

then there's a clump that includes Willie Snead, Nick Boyle and Hayden Hurst

everyone else is not really a factor at the moment which is a slightly awful thought

I think Hayden is going to be the key player that will make or break this offence by the end of 2019 as a 3rd guy who can break out - if he takes that step to becoming the 3rd receiver on this offence and actually be a difference maker then this offence becomes very difficult to stop given how many TEs we like to have on the field

it would be great if one of the wrs outside of hollywood would do something but Willie's not going to be more than he is which is a good chain-moving and reliable slot, Seth Roberts likewise is who he is, chris moore is who he is and miles boykin is not winning on his own yet and it might be a stretch to hope he makes the leap this year

if we concertedly want to get boykin involved then the clear way to feed him some targets is reduce his route tree a little and have him run slants, fades and 9 routes and throw a little back-shoulder on all of them if needed - he showed the ability in college and in preseason to run those routes with some nuance

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
rep 3.gif

These are his two subsequent reps. the first 3 are back to back to back. He then sits out a series and comes in for a 4th rep early in the 2nd quarter. He may have disappeared after that. not sure but theses are reps 1-4
rep 4.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 1735

These are his two subsequent reps. the first 3 are back to back to back. He then sits out a series and comes in for a 4th rep early in the 2nd quarter. He may have disappeared after that. not sure but theses are reps 1-4
View attachment 1736

that's a pretty nice set of 4 reps - not gonna lie - if those are his first 4 snaps then how on earth does he not get more than 15 snaps in a game where there were 68 total on defence

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's a pretty nice set of 4 reps - not gonna lie - if those are his first 4 snaps then how on earth does he not get more than 15 snaps in a game where there were 68 total on defence
15? I didn't realize thats all he got. Even if those are the only quality reps he got, it's four more examples of him being able to rush the edge than we've seen from Bowser/Ferguson.
Pernell has shown he can win vs. guards as well as on the outside. let Tim and Matt rush outside and give Pernell reps inside. I don't get Harbaugh calling Tim out like that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
15? I didn't realize thats all he got. Even if those are the only quality reps he got, it's four more examples of him being able to rush the edge than we've seen from Bowser/Ferguson.
Pernell has shown he can win vs. guards as well as on the outside. let Tim and Matt rush outside and give Pernell reps inside. I don't get Harbaugh calling Tim out like that.

this is specifically what he said:

Harbaugh said the OLB reps "are definitely up for grabs. WE need to give our older guys a break. None of those (younger) guys have stepped up and taken those reps yet. That's disappointing."

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Max, along with nick Wright, seem like they stand up so hard for Lamar because they’re white knighting for him honestly. They bring up the black qb topic and the stereotypes basically every time they talk about him. A guy who genuinely seems to love Lamar as a football talent though with no other factors involved, is Peter Schrager, Marcellus Wiley has been all aboard the Lamar train this year too.
Love Pete Schrager. I like GMFB, too. They really like the Ravens, usually.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
wink said this week that he wants McPhee to have less reps to keep him fresh. Pretty much what we have been saying.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Love Pete Schrager. I like GMFB, too. They really like the Ravens, usually.
When I first saw gmfb, I was absolutely disgusted. It’s first few months was nothing but: “tweet us a nickname for this play!” And everything social media and lots of nonsense, then all of a sudden it turned into a fun lighthearted show with actual football coverage and it’s been great ever since. Honestly the best football show there’s been since total access back when rich eisen was the star of it in like 06-09

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Anyone on board for making J. Smith (#22) take a pay cut to remain on the team? Otherwise, deal him for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.

This corner back is not productive enough and can't stay on the field.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Anyone on board for making J. Smith (#22) take a pay cut to remain on the team? Otherwise, deal him for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.

I don't think we'll be able to get a 3rd or 4th for him.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

He's on the last year of his deal and we are gonna need him when he comes back.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Need an injury-riddled corner back? I argue he should come at a discount due to this if we re-sign him.

Im talking about this season and he plays well when healthy. I doubt we resign him after this season. Wouldn't surprize me if he retires

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler

with the way the secondary has been playing, I can’t see them dealing him at any point this season. He’ll have to either take a pay cut, I’d assume, or play for a different team.

Maybe he’ll go the Webb route. I like Jimmy, just can’t seem to stay on the field. I don’t mind him not being his old self, considering we have Humphrey now.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
with the way the secondary has been playing, I can’t see them dealing him at any point this season. He’ll have to either take a pay cut, I’d assume, or play for a different team.

Maybe he’ll go the Webb route. I like Jimmy, just can’t seem to stay on the field. I don’t mind him not being his old self, considering we have Humphrey now.

I love all our team! I just want him to return and finish out the 2019 season, and then we will take it from there.