• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Browns

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My biggest concerns for this weekend's games is

1) Keeping Garrett away from Lamar ... Lamar needs to be on the lookout for a late hit. Garrett seems like he's beginning to relish his role as a cheap shot artist. We need to see our young QB continue to develop and he won't be able to do that if Garrett wrecks him.
2) The defense as a whole. Our D is built to stop the run and force teams to be 1 dimensional. We certainly didn't do that with the Chiefs. That's first order of business. Cleveland seems to have a tendency to abandon the run quickly and we can't let them establish their run game. Then, we have to stop the big plays in the deep middle of the field.
Our best strategy on D will be to pressure Baker. He gets lost while pressured and does stupid stuff with the ball.
Chubb will be a problem.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Rex Ryan called Baker Mayfield "overrated as hell"...... and because Baker can't keep his mouth shut, he responded.

"It's whatever," the Cleveland Browns quarterback said. "In the wise words of [Cleveland coach] Freddie Kitchens, if you don't wear orange and brown, you don't matter, and Rex Ryan doesn't have any colors right now for a reason. So, it's OK."

While Baker isn't wrong about Rex not having a team and such, I think we should bring Rex in and let Rex call a few classic plays from his defensive playbook and see how Baker handles it lol.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Rex Ryan called Baker Mayfield "overrated as hell"...... and because Baker can't keep his mouth shut, he responded.

"It's whatever," the Cleveland Browns quarterback said. "In the wise words of [Cleveland coach] Freddie Kitchens, if you don't wear orange and brown, you don't matter, and Rex Ryan doesn't have any colors right now for a reason. So, it's OK."

While Baker isn't wrong about Rex not having a team and such, I think we should bring Rex in and let Rex call a few classic plays from his defensive playbook and see how Baker handles it lol.

Saw someone replied he's the same wise coach that called a draw on 4th and 9. For whatever people want to say about Rex he got Sanchez to the AFCCG consecutive years. I respect he went out coaching his way.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Saw someone replied he's the same wise coach that called a draw on 4th and 9. For whatever people want to say about Rex he got Sanchez to the AFCCG consecutive years. I respect he went out coaching his way.
Yeah, Rex is great defensive coach, probably not well suited for HC with his personality.
And Baker is a little b i t c h.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Good comeback by baker lol.

I feel like the media is holding their breaths and hoping we lose so they can restart that narrative about Lamar being a running back and the Browns being legit.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I feel like the media is holding their breaths and hoping we lose so they can restart that narrative about Lamar being a running back and the Browns being legit.
Can’t wait to spoil it for them and shut SAS the fuck up. I’m done with ESPN, though Max tends to stick up for Lamar a lot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Can’t wait to spoil it for them and shut SAS the [profanity deleted] up. I’m done with ESPN, though Max tends to stick up for Lamar a lot.
Max, along with nick Wright, seem like they stand up so hard for Lamar because they’re white knighting for him honestly. They bring up the black qb topic and the stereotypes basically every time they talk about him. A guy who genuinely seems to love Lamar as a football talent though with no other factors involved, is Peter Schrager, Marcellus Wiley has been all aboard the Lamar train this year too.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really want to see Lamar and Willie re-establish the connection they had last year beginning this week vs. Browns.
Willie is pretty uncover able underneath with the. whips and returns/pivot routes. He's also really adept reading coverage and pretty nice after the catch. Its time to get that going again

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Max, along with nick Wright, seem like they stand up so hard for Lamar because they’re white knighting for him honestly. They bring up the black qb topic and the stereotypes basically every time they talk about him. A guy who genuinely seems to love Lamar as a football talent though with no other factors involved, is Peter Schrager, Marcellus Wiley has been all aboard the Lamar train this year too.

Schrager and Eisen have gone to bat for Lamar more than anyone in the mainstream

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I really want to see Lamar and Willie re-establish the connection they had last year beginning this week vs. Browns.
Willie is pretty uncover able underneath with the. whips and returns/pivot routes. He's also really adept reading coverage and pretty nice after the catch. Its time to get that going again
And his hands are just ridiculous. He had that one drop but that was real flukey, he stays making real tough catches in tight coverage