• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Never understood why we didn't at least put the Franchise Tag on him so we could have worked out a long term deal.
I think the Tag wouldn't be a bad idea, then again you have to consider the prospect of him holding out.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like ET but I would have took tagging Mosley over him at this point.
the communication would be much better, without question, and I guess we would be playing Elliott at FS without ET. We are seeing everything at its worst right now, but I'm still not sure I'd like to keep Mosley at the price he wanted as good as he was. We need to get an ILB that can play MIC linebacker and if Peanut wants to stay next year (at a reasonable amount) than he can be the Will, but he is not suited for a Mike backer at all and this was my worry in the offseason when we let Mosley go.

Tag was $15m vs the Jets $17m, would have been still the second highest paid ILB. I'm guessing we thought we could replace him cheap in a position we have been good at developing and spend on a position we've had a lot of misses on

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we had known what the Jets would pay him beforehand then the tag would have made a lot of sense! Hindsight is 20:20 I guess.
I'm not even sure about that. You're talking $15M straight to the cap with the franchise tag with no wiggle room, and you're talking the uncertainty of whether you can ever sign him to a long term deal.

Keep in mind that even though we paid ET would it would have cost to pay CJ for one year (in terms of AAV), ET has a cap hit of just $7M this year. So that's like half of what it would have cost to franchise Mosley.

2020 is the year you really start to see the Ravens gain some significant cap flexibility. 2019 wasn't really it.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think you'll us bounce back the next two weeks and win some pretty convincing games. Its a week to week league, and I don't think you'll see us getting shredded by below average offenses.

Plus with Williams going through warmups, that's a good sign for his week 5 availability, so barring any setbacks, I would think he would be back for this one.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think that we get back on track in this game! B Will should be back so that will definitely help in the run game. Got to get our DB's to clean up all of their miscommunications (again) on the backend and we should be fine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think that we get back on track in this game! B Will should be back so that will definitely help in the run game. Got to get our DB's to clean up all of their miscommunications (again) on the backend and we should be fine.
we have a ton of miscommunication due to Peanut as well. He should not be a mic.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the good thing about what we're seeing on D without football IQ ( no weddle, suggs or mosely) is that we know that we aint going to be paying certain players. I still think Pierce is worth keeping but his price will def go down.

Peanut and the undrafted ILB trend needs to end.

Bart Scott was the only UDFA ILB that was actually Pro Bowl standard. ( Zach orr was average)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Who should be mic'd in your opinion?
This year it's fine, because it doesn't seem like we have anyone to be the MIke and that's a problem. Last year we had Mosley and if he was injured Weddle could be the one with the green dot, ie game 2 last season. Peanut is fine as a will.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Who should be mic'd in your opinion?

According to Jeff Zrebric The Ravens gave the mic/ green dot helmet to Tony Jefferson because they figured Patrick Onwsuasor had too many responsibilities on his hands with calling the plays and believe may have been affecting his play. It also allows The Ravens take him off the field in passing situations.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly didn't think that losing Mosley , Suggs & Weddle would amount to much , particularly when we brought in Former All Pro Earl Thomas.

I guess I was completely wrong.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly didn't think that losing Mosley , Suggs & Weddle would amount to much , particularly when we brought in Former All Pro Earl Thomas.

I guess I was completely wrong.

3 vs 1 lol

A safety, a OLB, and a MLB