• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

Seems we dont have a signal caller at ILB

Apparently this is true, but IMO, it’s more about the lack of veteran leadership making sure the younger players understand what their assignments are and making sure they are in position to make plays. Losing Suggs, Mosley and Weddle has left a glaring hole in that regard. Add to that Smith being out, and we have a total mess right now.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
According to Jeff Zrebric The Ravens gave the mic/ green dot helmet to Tony Jefferson because they figured Patrick Onwsuasor had too many responsibilities on his hands with calling the plays and believe may have been affecting his play. It also allows The Ravens take him off the field in passing situations.

Oh ok!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
According to Jeff Zrebric The Ravens gave the mic/ green dot helmet to Tony Jefferson because they figured Patrick Onwsuasor had too many responsibilities on his hands with calling the plays and believe may have been affecting his play. It also allows The Ravens take him off the field in passing situations.
I'm ok with this, atleast they are going to try something to improve his play.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Browns next two games are @ 49ers and home against the Seahawks, feel like even with the loss we still have a good opportunity to take back the division. We just need to seize the moment the next two weeks and win. Defense has got to stop wasting so much momentum that the offense gets before the defense just gives it right back.
I agree I think this team may have needed this shot to the balls it’s a long season

I wonder who gets the green dot next because it didn’t seem to work out very well yesterday.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder who gets the green dot next because it didn’t seem to work out very well yesterday.
isn't that who they gave it to for the future. Didn't Peanut have it yesterday and they are giving it to Tony Jefferson starting week five?

isn't that who they gave it to for the future. Didn't Peanut have it yesterday and they are giving it to Tony Jefferson starting week five?

Pretty sure this was reported in one of the threads yesterday prior to kickoff. I thought TJ was to call the plays yesterday but I could be mistaken on that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My thought exactly. He’s had an off season, training camp, preseason, and 4 games to learn Winks D. It’s baffling to me how a player of his caliber is not further along then he apparently is.

as great as he is, he's coming from an incredibly simple defensive system in seattle to the most complex defence in the nfl - football is football so he'll get there but he's never played in this sort of scheme before so it will take time especially with live opposition - he'll improve each game

and honestly he's never going to be the guy to call the defence just because he's going to be the deep safety more than not which is not a good place to communicate from etc.