• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

as great as he is, he's coming from an incredibly simple defensive system in seattle to the most complex defence in the nfl - football is football so he'll get there but he's never played in this sort of scheme before so it will take time especially with live opposition - he'll improve each game

and honestly he's never going to be the guy to call the defence just because he's going to be the deep safety more than not which is not a good place to communicate from etc.

Yeah I get that he has allot more responsibilities in this defense, but he’s had allot of time to study and learn this D. He’s a 10 year veteran. We don’t have years for him to figure this out. Surely he knew he wasn’t just going to be playing cover 2 or cover 3 all the time in this defense. He’s also mentioned that he’s not having much fun with this defense because of the complexity, which concerns me even more.

He doesn’t need to call the defense, he just needs to be a good free safety. I think most people thought he would be able to help fill a void in veteran leadership left by the losses of Suggs, Mosley, and Weddle. That Will be difficult for him until he feels comfortable in this defense. I just hope he figures it out soon.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Stats for the Steelers tonight, most of their receiving yards came from the RBs who struggled to find any open lanes to run through. JuJu was held to only 3 receptions for 15 yards. Now they are all going to go off against our pathetic defense and the Steelers hype train will start again in the media.

Rushing
James Conner - 10 Carries for 42 yards
Jaylen Samuels - 10 Carries for 26 Yards

Receiving
James Conner - 8 REC for 83 Yards 1 TD
Dionte Johnson - 6 REC for 77 Yards 1 TD
Jaylen Samuels - 8 REC for 57 Yards
JuJu - 3 REC for 15 Yards

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Stats for the Steelers tonight, most of their receiving yards came from the RBs who struggled to find any open lanes to run through. JuJu was held to only 3 receptions for 15 yards. Now they are all going to go off against our pathetic defense and the Steelers hype train will start again in the media.

Rushing
James Conner - 10 Carries for 42 yards
Jaylen Samuels - 10 Carries for 26 Yards

Receiving
James Conner - 8 REC for 83 Yards 1 TD
Dionte Johnson - 6 REC for 77 Yards 1 TD
Jaylen Samuels - 8 REC for 57 Yards
JuJu - 3 REC for 15 Yards

that’s like a recipe to destroy our defense. If we lose this game badly, I’ll have to avoid the media.

how did they look against the Bengals? Are the Bengals just bad or Steelers not so bad? Or a little of both?

their defense doesn’t look bad, and mason Rudolph I guess, isn’t terrible.

scary game. Watched it for a minute and the Steelers defensive line looked pretty fast against the Bengals o line, who might have one of the worst.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
that’s like a recipe to destroy our defense. If we lose this game badly, I’ll have to avoid the media.

how did they look against the Bengals? Are the Bengals just bad or Steelers not so bad? Or a little of both?

their defense doesn’t look bad, and mason Rudolph I guess, isn’t terrible.

scary game. Watched it for a minute and the Steelers defensive line looked pretty fast against the Bengals o line, who might have one of the worst.
Considering how awful Bengals were today, I'd say Steelers aren't impressive at all. We'd have to put up another absolute shit performance to lose to them.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we lose vs the steelers and we hear the pre-recorded msg of habraugh

''WE WILL GET BETTER, WE HAVE TO GET BETTER''

'' It's week 5, not week 16''

'' We're going to clean this up, believe that''

'' We have to finish plays, jeff''

'' I love our guys, I believe in them''

'' This isn't ravens football''

'' Not hard to correct''

I will no longer watch us this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I get that he has allot more responsibilities in this defense, but he’s had allot of time to study and learn this D. He’s a 10 year veteran. We don’t have years for him to figure this out. Surely he knew he wasn’t just going to be playing cover 2 or cover 3 all the time in this defense. He’s also mentioned that he’s not having much fun with this defense because of the complexity, which concerns me even more.

He doesn’t need to call the defense, he just needs to be a good free safety. I think most people thought he would be able to help fill a void in veteran leadership left by the losses of Suggs, Mosley, and Weddle. That Will be difficult for him until he feels comfortable in this defense. I just hope he figures it out soon.

I just don’t know what you’re seeing that’s suggesting he’s playing awfully though

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Will Hill out there somewhere? lol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here’s a quote from USA Today’s team rankings : “
no D in NFL more rested (24:57 on field per game).“

This makes the Defensive problems even more worrisome.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean realistically that’s the typical ravens fans way of looking at things

Qb not white and pure pocket passer = bad
Safety not getting picks every week = bad
LB not yelling and screaming pre game = bad
Edge rusher not also yelling and screaming = bad
RB tries to find a hole rather than plow forward = bad

Literally any player who isn’t the exact same thing that ravens fans are used to, is bad. And in similar fashion, any TE is the next Dennis pitta, regardless of skill set. Any wr is the next boldin, regardless of skill set. Any OL is the next yanda, regardless of skill set, and on and on.

Here’s a quote from USA Today’s team rankings : “
no D in NFL more rested (24:57 on field per game).“

This makes the Defensive problems even more worrisome.

Doesnt matter if Brandon and Jimmy are out, as good as Marlon is he can only cover one receiver. Every time Brandon is out we get destroyed on the ground.

I just don’t know what you’re seeing that’s suggesting he’s playing awfully though

Lol, Who said he was playing awful? I responded to another poster who said that according to Harbs, Thomas is still learning our defense, and that is why he doesn’t call plays. What I’m saying is that as a 10 year veteran, pro bowl safety, maybe he should be further along by now in that regard. But honestly he is just as much a part of the problem as the rest of the secondary. I would accept that losing JS and TY is more of a legit excuse then him still learning our defense.

I mean realistically that’s the typical ravens fans way of looking at things

Qb not white and pure pocket passer = bad
Safety not getting picks every week = bad
LB not yelling and screaming pre game = bad
Edge rusher not also yelling and screaming = bad
RB tries to find a hole rather than plow forward = bad

Literally any player who isn’t the exact same thing that ravens fans are used to, is bad. And in similar fashion, any TE is the next Dennis pitta, regardless of skill set. Any wr is the next boldin, regardless of skill set. Any OL is the next yanda, regardless of skill set, and on and on.

Such bullshit response. I suppose you’re not the typical fan? Lol, get over yourself.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
\when this guy was on the field, he was really, really good.
He was very up and down, he would make huge splash plays half the night and the other half he’s having total mental breakdowns and blowing plays. He’s quite literally tony Jefferson half of his career and a total stud the other half, and you never know which one would show up on a per snap basis