• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 MLB Postseason

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Nationals are already up 7-0 on the Cardinals and it's the end of the FIRST inning. Nationals might be able to pull off the upset over the Astros or Yankees.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Go Nats. They scored a TD in the 1st inning. Leading 7-0 now in the 3rd inning of game 4 of the NLDS.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Nats get out of a very tight situation, bases loaded and the Cardinals only down three runs. Bottom of the 8th we go, Nats may want an extra run or two as insurance to book their trip to the World Series. Cardinals bats are heating up, top of the 9th should be interesting.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I don't like the Nats, but I wasn't rooting against them. Congrats Nats.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
First World Series in DC since 1933, and the first World Series appearance in Franchise history for the Nationals. They are going to give the Yankees and Astros fits.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
First World Series in DC since 1933, and the first World Series appearance in Franchise history for the Nationals. They are going to give the Yankees and Astros fits.
I'm a huge Nats fan and although they will come in as underdogs to either of the teams, it should be a good series.

Go Nats!!!!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Congrats. Happy for the Nats. Let this be s lesson to teams that think a guy like Harper is worth spending an absolute fortune on and a lesson to those who let them go.
Now Rendon is a must sign. They can't afford to lose him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Astros are one of my favorite AL teams. I have always liked Verlander. If they can get to the WS that would be great I would be happy no matter which team won.
I also hate the Yankees, so would rather play the Astros in that regards as well.

The Astros are one of my favorite AL teams. I have always liked Verlander. If they can get to the WS that would be great I would be happy no matter which team won.
Verlander is one of those throwback dudes. A few years ago, saw him hit 100 mph on his last pitch (K) in a 100+ pitch complete game ... in freaking April. Who does that in this era? Justin and nobody else I can think of.

But the biggest reason is he is the only hall of fame caliber athlete from Old Dominion University (my alma mater) ... at least outside of their one-time signature sport - women's basketball.

So I'm all about Justin.

seeing Scherzer go up against Verlander would be awesome.
I'd think if the Astros go in 5, Verlander will have pitched that final game (I thought that Astros would need 4 man, but are going with 3 man). Is Scherzer going to go game 1? If so, they likely won't face each other. It may be Coles - which would be really Astos ace above Verlander. He's just been unhittable this postseason.

Anyway you slice it, as long as the Astros get by NYY, then I'll actually have a WS where I'm rooting for a team instead of against one (like I always do when NYY or BOS are in). I'll root for Astros because of Verlander, but if Nats wins, I'll be really happy with that too.