• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 MLB Postseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd think if the Astros go in 5, Verlander will have pitched that final game (I thought that Astros would need 4 man, but are going with 3 man). Is Scherzer going to go game 1? If so, they likely won't face each other. It may be Coles - which would be really Astos ace above Verlander. He's just been unhittable this postseason.

Anyway you slice it, as long as the Astros get by NYY, then I'll actually have a WS where I'm rooting for a team instead of against one (like I always do when NYY or BOS are in). I'll root for Astros because of Verlander, but if Nats wins, I'll be really happy with that too.
Cole hasn't lost since May 22nd. He's definitely their best pitcher. I do think Scherzer would go game one, with Strasburg game two.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Nationals at Astros Game 1 begins Tuesday at 8PM on FOX. Should be a good one. I'll say Astros in 6, though wouldn't mind seeing the Nationals win their first World Series championship too.

Tank

Hall of Famer
There’s a guy I work with who’s dad told him it was on his bucket list to go to a World Series game. He went on Stub hub, Vivid Seats, etc. and found the best deal for good seats. He bought 3 tickets 20 rows from the field just past 1st base for him and his mom and dad......... $1400 a piece! I mean, holy crap!

He said how fortunate it was that his wife is from Pennsylvania and is a Phillies fan. He of course was going to get her a ticket as well, but she said no way would she go. lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nationals at Astros Game 1 begins Tuesday at 8PM on FOX. Should be a good one. I'll say Astros in 6, though wouldn't mind seeing the Nationals win their first World Series championship too.
As much as a Nats fan I am, I also believe the Astros win this series, but believe it could go either way. If the Nats bullpen stays in check, they could win the series. Also depends on how the layoff affected them.

Springer should have scored. Instead of watching his near homer, he could have been between 1st and 2nd and could have gotten to 3rd after the carom off the wall and then scored on Altuve's fly. Surprised commentary didn't say anything about that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Springer should have scored. Instead of watching his near homer, he could have been between 1st and 2nd and could have gotten to 3rd after the carom off the wall and then scored on Altuve's fly. Surprised commentary didn't say anything about that.
Eaton also should have caught the ball. But I agree with you he would have had a chance to score on Altuve's fly ball. Thomas Boswell mentioned it in the Washington Post this morning.

Eaton also should have caught the ball. But I agree with you he would have had a chance to score on Altuve's fly ball. Thomas Boswell mentioned it in the Washington Post this morning.
Yeah, I mean he was doing his Carlton Fisk imitation down the first base line - that's only excusable if the ball is either foul or gone. Not when it is hit in the gap.That kind of fundamental lapse in play drives me crazy. At the risk of sounding like the "get off my lawn" guy, back in the day players got reamed for that sort of thing, especially when it could potentially have cost you a World Series game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, I mean he was doing his Carlton Fisk imitation down the first base line - that's only excusable if the ball is either foul or gone. Not when it is hit in the gap.That kind of fundamental lapse in play drives me crazy. At the risk of sounding like the "get off my lawn" guy, back in the day players got reamed for that sort of thing, especially when it could potentially have cost you a World Series game.
I'm a Nats fan, so I'm glad he had that lapse in judgement.

I'm a Nats fan, so I'm glad he had that lapse in judgement.
Yeah, I'm a relatively impartial observer and will be happy with either team coming away with the title. I grew up when the Senators were the league doormat. My little league team was the Senators (aging myself here ...).

Though I'm all about Mr. Verlander, so all be all in rooting Astros tonight. Good Luck.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, I'm a relatively impartial observer and will be happy with either team coming away with the title. I grew up when the Senators were the league doormat. My little league team was the Senators (aging myself here ...).

Though I'm all about Mr. Verlander, so all be all in rooting Astros tonight. Good Luck.
well, I'm 53 and don't have a problem with it!! I'm more like 29 with 24 years of experience anyways.

Believe it or not, Washington has had baseball longer than the Orioles. I also like the Orioles, but not like I did in the earl Weaver days. I felt more a connection to those teams.

well, I'm 53 and don't have a problem with it!! I'm more like 29 with 24 years of experience anyways.

Believe it or not, Washington has had baseball longer than the Orioles. I also like the Orioles, but not like I did in the earl Weaver days. I felt more a connection to those teams.
Tell me about it. I used to be a far bigger baseball fan in my youth than any other sport and my first recollection of the game was the 1966 WS win and then all through the Weaver years. It surpassed my love for the Colts (partly because Irsay turned the operation into shit) but I was still out of my mind over their departure.

At this point, it is hard to maintain my passion for the Os, so I could easily be labeled as a fair-weather fan. I made my way up to Baltimore for the 2014 ALDS and caught game 2 when Delmon Young hit that bases clearing double. That was electrifying. I hope that the younger Angelos turns out to be a much better owner than the old one.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tell me about it. I used to be a far bigger baseball fan in my youth than any other sport and my first recollection of the game was the 1966 WS win and then all through the Weaver years. It surpassed my love for the Colts (partly because Irsay turned the operation into shit) but I was still out of my mind over their departure.

At this point, it is hard to maintain my passion for the Os, so I could easily be labeled as a fair-weather fan. I made my way up to Baltimore for the 2014 ALDS and caught game 2 when Delmon Young hit that bases clearing double. That was electrifying. I hope that the younger Angelos turns out to be a much better owner than the old one.
well I'm hoping something can be worked out with MASN. It's truly unfair to the Nationals.

I think the O's would be better off with Angelos selling the team.