• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 MLB Postseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nats are good, wow
holy shit that was awesome. I'm losing my voice now.

No one gave us a chance against Cole and now we are beating a the probable cy young award winner and the future HOFer. It aint' over, but this has been fun. Last time I got to root for the home team was 1983 Orioles and very disappointed 1979 Orioles teams losing to the Pirates in the We Are Family Series

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
holy shit that was awesome. I'm losing my voice now.

No one gave us a chance against Cole and now we are beating a the probable cy young award winner and the future HOFer. It aint' over, but this has been fun. Last time I got to root for the home team was 1983 Orioles and very disappointed 1979 Orioles teams losing to the Pirates in the We Are Family Series
I wasn't expecting the Nats to win against Cole. I think they have a good chance at winning the series now, assuming they hold on here.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wasn't expecting the Nats to win against Cole. I think they have a good chance at winning the series now, assuming they hold on here.
I wasn't either, especially since Scherzer hasn't been himself since coming of the disabled list. Tends to settle down after the first inning, but that wasn't a problem before. Anyway, winning yesterday was huge, but winning both games in Houston, assuming we hold on, is monstrous.

Pats

Veteran
Astros are a disgrace, despicable RISP hitting, awful bullpen and bregman being terribad caps it all off. Vegas were so dumb making the astros such a huge fave over nats for this series.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Astros are a disgrace, despicable RISP hitting, awful bullpen and bregman being terribad caps it all off. Vegas were so dumb making the astros such a huge fave over nats for this series.
they actually have very good pitchers including the bullpen. If anyone has a bad bullpen it's the Nats. I'm a big fan and its been our achilles heal. That being said, they have been hot the past 20 games (including this one). If we win we will be 18-2. That's the final 8 games of the season (all wins), the wild card game, and two losses to the dodgers in the NLDS, before sweeping the Cardinals and winning yesterday vs. Cole and most likely tonight.

Pats

Veteran
they actually have very good pitchers including the bullpen. If anyone has a bad bullpen it's the Nats. I'm a big fan and its been our achilles heal. That being said, they have been hot the past 20 games (including this one). If we win we will be 18-2. That's the final 8 games of the season (all wins), the wild card game, and two losses to the dodgers in the NLDS, before sweeping the Cardinals and winning yesterday vs. Cole and most likely tonight.
Oh yeah nats have a garbage BP too, but houstons for some reason doesnt get enough shitty spotlight on them. Personally at this point in time I see the nats in 5 games with greinke winning the next game and nats winning 4 and 5. Houston has actually looked proper garbage the whole post season yet are in the WS. Nats have looked relatively great in most of the post season besides brewers game and a few dodgers games.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh yeah nats have a garbage BP too, but houstons for some reason doesnt get enough shitty spotlight on them. Personally at this point in time I see the nats in 5 games with greinke winning the next game and nats winning 4 and 5. Houston has actually looked proper garbage the whole post season yet are in the WS. Nats have looked relatively great in most of the post season besides brewers game and a few dodgers games.
yeah, I wasn't happy the Nats started Scherzer in the Brewers game. Thought Strasberg would have been the smarter choice since Scherzer hasn't been himself since coming off the DL, although he has had a decent outing or two.

I can't comment on the Houston / Yanks series, since I didn't watch too much of it. Outside of what I did see, they looked good enough to win, but again weren't hitting well with men in scoring position. Hopefully the Redsox take the Yankees down next season in the division, although there are rumors that the Yankees are going to go after Cole.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-25_9-47-14.png

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Screenshot_20191024-211057_Twitter.jpg

Big oof. I hope Elias is better than this if the O's are ever in this position (which I hope is never, but...)

Pats

Veteran
yeah, I wasn't happy the Nats started Scherzer in the Brewers game. Thought Strasberg would have been the smarter choice since Scherzer hasn't been himself since coming off the DL, although he has had a decent outing or two.

I can't comment on the Houston / Yanks series, since I didn't watch too much of it. Outside of what I did see, they looked good enough to win, but again weren't hitting well with men in scoring position. Hopefully the Redsox take the Yankees down next season in the division, although there are rumors that the Yankees are going to go after Cole.
Yankees are gonna break through sooner or later I think, if they get cole and another starter its gonna be trouble for everyone. I think the astros will start to decline again after this ws. Verlander and greinke are old, cole is probably gone, correa has regressed, altuve is good but also declining. I think the A's will usurp them pretty soon.