• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The JT Money, The Steelers and The Zebras

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reports are that there could be a fire sale in Denver and PFT says everyone but Miller could be available. Forget what I said about Miller, if a fire sale is indeed happening, offer Elway our 2020 first round pick for Bradley Chubb and a couple more picks, and we get an instant young pass rusher for our first round pick next year.
I'm sorry but he's on IR...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is a game we wouldn't have won in recent years. When was the last time we played downright pathetic and still won. BTW, 1st 4th qtr OT win for Lamar

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Per David J. Chao re TJs injury: The concern for more than just ACL is to the LCL as discussed in real time at https://t.co/QXbyZbJ8bM. Not only is this season over, next year is in some jeopardy too. Too bad.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Kudos to Lamar for opening up the press conference sending thoughts and prayers to Mason Rudolph.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After seeing Lamar’s continual regression, and the injuries to andrews and Hollywood, with andrews being injured for a while and maybe getting worse, and Hollywood looking like he could be a repeat injury concern, along with our OL looking worse every week, I feel like shit after this win. Emptiest feeling win in recent memory and I don’t feel good about this team.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Thank you Justin Tucker, thank you Marlon Humphrey for that Captain Falcon punch to save the game for us.

The "Fire Harbaugh" fair weather fans have started chirping. Despite this team's clear culture shift/lack of leadership, and despite Harbs agressive play calling choosing to go for it more often than not on 4th downs and heavy challenging today on some bad calls, I think it's justified and better than being vanilla. Its way to early to talk about firing Harbaugh.

But DAMN this team is a hot mess right now top to bottom outside of our kicker/special teams. Refs made some ugly calls and refused to change them via challenges when they clearly should have, but we also got a favorable roughing the passer call on our game tying drive in the 4th that looked like yet another bad call from these refs, but all in all the refs shaky calls ultimately came in our favor in the end so I would rather not scapegoat them for what was a horrible game all around.

As I tried to explain last week only to get nuked, regardless of it's overly skewed "#1 status"....this offense is a mess top to bottom. As simple as we can not move the ball down field, and for the 4th straight week we have these damn analysts pointing out the fact that Lamar is a checkdown machine and doesn't pass to WRs outside of Hollywood and Snead. This is a problem, same problem that cost us the playoff game last year to the Chargers. Run game looks great but you rarely win games facing a deficit by running the ball. We can't pass very well and it's a glaring concern.

Pass protection has been horrible, teams have found the golden ticket to defeating Lamar and that is constant pressure. Lamar has been sacked 13 times over the past 3 games, and I'm not sure whether to blame the O-line, or the QB for his horrible pocket awareness , not standing tall and strong in the pocket, rather looking scared and skittish under pressure, giving up a lot of sacks rather than acknowledge the pressure pre snap, adjust/change the play, or just simply get rid of it.

The play calling was pretty bad yet again, this offense looks way too similar to Marty Morenenwhig's horrible offense. Forcing the run when Pittsburg was clearly keeping us in check most of the game other than Lamar's crazy runs. Ingram averaged 2 yds per carry and yet Roman refused to take shots down field, or draw up any type of passes to WRs. That drive at the 1 yard line where we attempted 2 passes before finally running it and narrowly escaping a safety that would have probably cost us the game, that is text book bad play calling.

Yes I guess the numbers dont lie and the Ravens have the number 1 overall offense going into this matchup, but all is not as it seems. We are clearly carried by a dominant running attack but can't pass the ball when the going gets tough. Same problems as last year other than constant checkdowns to TEs and RBs.

Lamar Jackson- 161 yds 1TD 3Ints 54 rating. Brutal.

Hate to deminish confidence and knock a guy who has never even played a full season in his career yet...but something has got to change to the point that we can atleast get something going down field through the air. We will run the ball good, and will probably run even better once we learn to pass. 3 straight weeks where we get dared to pass the ball and have little to no success doing so. Lamar Jackson has no answer for the blitz other than to freak out, scramble and just doesn't look like he knows how to handle it yet. I like Lamar a lot, he has a competitive fire to him that shows how much he wants to succeed and be great which is amazing. But he has got to be better.

Defense played much better but still looked like crap playing against 2nd and 3rd string QBs. We forced some turnovers and at the end of the game it was the defense that bailed out our stagnant offense today. Shoutout to Maurice Canaday who looks like the second coming of Cary Williams out there. And shoutout to our leader and best defender Marlon Humphrey whose Falcon punch fumble and excellent recovery sealed the game for us a game we desperately needed to win. This pass rush looked terrible again and looks purely as a personnel problem/lack of talent problem. Still hoping and praying Decosta stays aggressive in the pursuit of bolstering this defense. We need it.

Ugly win but a win we needed. Season is still alive. And YET ANOTHER easy matchup next week against the Bengals, but for us it will look like a playoff game for sure.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Steelers are bad though. That's a big part of it.
I agree we should have won by more, but Rivalry games are different and you know that. All I'm saying is we still won the game, besides our defense absolutely sucks, but today both the Offfense, Defense and the Refs sucked.

The steelers scored a TD where we stopped them 55 yards earlier on Johnson's incomplete "Catch"

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
After seeing Lamar’s continual regression, and the injuries to andrews and Hollywood, with andrews being injured for a while and maybe getting worse, and Hollywood looking like he could be a repeat injury concern, along with our OL looking worse every week, I feel like shit after this win. Emptiest feeling win in recent memory and I don’t feel good about this team.
Well to make you happy , we do ave Cincy coming in to town at 0-5. Dalton will probably light us up though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eric better be ringing phones off the damn hook. I mean texting gms like “wyd” at 1am and all that shit. Invite elway to a cookout then make an offer for von Miller, go snag an interior OL, SOMETHING.

This team is so bad right now, we’re spiraling
well ... said the Ravens are going to be one of the more active teams at the trade deadline, so that means we won't be trading.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Per David J. Chao re TJs injury: The concern for more than just ACL is to the LCL as discussed in real time at https://t.co/QXbyZbJ8bM. Not only is this season over, next year is in some jeopardy too. Too bad.
ACL and LCL is normally a 9 month injury. We may not be renewing him anyways, but he has plenty of time to be ready by training camp.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eric better be ringing phones off the damn hook. I mean texting gms like “wyd” at 1am and all that shit. Invite elway to a cookout then make an offer for von Miller, go snag an interior OL, SOMETHING.

This team is so bad right now, we’re spiraling
Selling the farm for a single player isn't a good long term fix.