• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The JT Money, The Steelers and The Zebras

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Sane Steelers fan:

Post by tbsteel » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:30 pm

Blaming this one on the refs? Completely disagree.

Firstly, we had some huge calls go our way. Devin Bush used the ground to secure the catch. No way that's an INT. Not even a question. The Ravens were driving before that, would've probably ended up with at least 3. The Diontae Johnson first down on a huge third down? HIGHLY questionable. Did you see two steps and a football move? I sure as hell didn't. How many first downs did we get by penalties? How many turnovers did we have overturned by penalty? Seemed like a boatload. The OPI on that little pick against Vince Williams on a 20+ yard gain deep into our territory? Really ticky tack. You could call that every drive.

The refs didn't take the ball out of the endzone on a pop fly kickoff to the 10 yard line to start the game. The refs didn't cause us to run the f'n Wildcat (wow what a disaster that gimmick shit was this week). How dumb was the Jaylen Samuels INT? If that bullshit trickery works, what's the benefit? A 5 yard pass? Awful. Samuels had a huge drop as well. Absolutely awful day from him. The refs didn't cause the the Steelers to absolutely settle for a field goal late in the fourth. Was the roughing call on Ola b.s.? Sure. But so are most roughing calls. I mean, didn't we get a free 15 from someone just tapping Mason's helmet before he got hurt? It's just how the game is now. Refs had nothing to do with Hurst and Andrew abusing us all over the field, or have anything to do with Tucker being ice cold in the kick to send it to to OT and the kick to win it.

We lost. Get used to it, because there will be plenty more Ls the rest of the way. We've got one pick in the top 100 right now for next year, we'll be bottom 5 in terms of available cap space even after AB's dead money is gone, and the only thing we can really root for at this point is losing Ben and now Mason won't give this team an excuse to bring back their OC and DC, but the nepotism in this organization runs so f'n deep they'll probably be fine.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Sane Steelers fan:

Post by tbsteel » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:30 pm

Blaming this one on the refs? Completely disagree.

Firstly, we had some huge calls go our way. Devin Bush used the ground to secure the catch. No way that's an INT. Not even a question. The Ravens were driving before that, would've probably ended up with at least 3. The Diontae Johnson first down on a huge third down? HIGHLY questionable. Did you see two steps and a football move? I sure as hell didn't. How many first downs did we get by penalties? How many turnovers did we have overturned by penalty? Seemed like a boatload. The OPI on that little pick against Vince Williams on a 20+ yard gain deep into our territory? Really ticky tack. You could call that every drive.

The refs didn't take the ball out of the endzone on a pop fly kickoff to the 10 yard line to start the game. The refs didn't cause us to run the f'n Wildcat (wow what a disaster that gimmick shit was this week). How dumb was the Jaylen Samuels INT? If that bullshit trickery works, what's the benefit? A 5 yard pass? Awful. Samuels had a huge drop as well. Absolutely awful day from him. The refs didn't cause the the Steelers to absolutely settle for a field goal late in the fourth. Was the roughing call on Ola b.s.? Sure. But so are most roughing calls. I mean, didn't we get a free 15 from someone just tapping Mason's helmet before he got hurt? It's just how the game is now. Refs had nothing to do with Hurst and Andrew abusing us all over the field, or have anything to do with Tucker being ice cold in the kick to send it to to OT and the kick to win it.

We lost. Get used to it, because there will be plenty more Ls the rest of the way. We've got one pick in the top 100 right now for next year, we'll be bottom 5 in terms of available cap space even after AB's dead money is gone, and the only thing we can really root for at this point is losing Ben and now Mason won't give this team an excuse to bring back their OC and DC, but the nepotism in this organization runs so f'n deep they'll probably be fine.
I 1000% agree.. not into the blaming it in on the refs thing

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Selling the farm for a single player isn't a good long term fix.
True, this was always Ozzie's mindset gathering picks rather than trading them away.

But wouldn't you as a GM trade a 1st round or 2nd round pick on a player who you know about, know what you are getting rarher than draft a guy with what will most likely be a late round Ravens draft pick where you don't know as much of what are getting.

Rather trade for a sure fire lockdown CB in Jalen Ramsey for example rather than take a developmental player who might make an impact on the future.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
True, this was always Ozzie's mindset gathering picks rather than trading them away.

But wouldn't you as a GM trade a 1st round or 2nd round pick on a player who you know about, know what you are getting rarher than draft a guy with what will most likely be a late round Ravens draft pick where you don't know as much of what are getting.

Rather trade for a sure fire lockdown CB in Jalen Ramsey for example rather than take a developmental player who might make an impact on the future.
If it was just one 1st round pick, absolutely, but Ramsey is going to cost much much more and to be honest, he's probably going to cost upwards of 20m. I'm not going to trade for him and then lose him because we don't want to pay him and besides that, I'd rather keep Humphrey and pay him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
After seeing Lamar’s continual regression, and the injuries to andrews and Hollywood, with andrews being injured for a while and maybe getting worse, and Hollywood looking like he could be a repeat injury concern, along with our OL looking worse every week, I feel like shit after this win. Emptiest feeling win in recent memory and I don’t feel good about this team.

very definition of a pyrrhic victory

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Would be nice to see some more runs under center as opposed to constantly running out of the shotgun. More no huddle, and more usage of WRs. Seems like we are always running 2-3 TEs with 2-3 WRs. I want to see more Miles Boykin targets, hard to find out about a player who clearly has massive upside when we never target WRs and have to hear the analysts every week mention how Lamar is not throwing to WRs only safety blanket checkdowns.

Whatever gets the passing game on the rise.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
btw, Ferguson was pushing Villanueva around all day. His bull rush is really good, he just needs to get better at disengaging.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Would be nice to see some more runs under center as opposed to constantly running out of the shotgun. More no huddle, and more usage of WRs. Seems like we are always running 2-3 TEs with 2-3 WRs. I want to see more Miles Boykin targets, hard to find out about a player who clearly has massive upside when we never target WRs and have to hear the analysts every week mention how Lamar is not throwing to WRs only safety blanket checkdowns.

Whatever gets the passing game on the rise.
I dnt think we have passed or run from under center all year unless its on goal line or 3rd,4th and 1

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Depends on the player's age, health, and contract. I don't like trading for Ramsey because he will hold out on us wanting the highest cb contract. For Miller if it's just a first I might if it's a team friendly deal. But not a first and 2nd or the type of trade Mack got. He's getting older and has dealt with injuries. We won't be getting prime Miller. Still possibly worth a first though if we're picking late.

Though keep in mind, trades are a risk too.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bengals D isnt bad on paper

Billings
Hubbard
Lawson
Atkins
William Jackson JR

Heck it's got more talent than ours. Has some pas rushing ability here eh

c'mon eric...do something