• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Bengals

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
from zac taylor's comments to jay feely at half time it certainly sounds like they were targetting canady

I mean I get that because targeting Canady means avoiding Humphrey, but I wonder if Canady was as bad as it looked. Obviously we have all seen FAR worse CB play and I remember him making some plays so I am curious what the final tally is and how bad it really was.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean I get that because targeting Canady means avoiding Humphrey, but I wonder if Canady was as bad as it looked. Obviously we have all seen FAR worse CB play and I remember him making some plays so I am curious what the final tally is and how bad it really was.

from my first look live id say its a mix of lots of things...

there were some plays where he played so far off he allowed easy completions and he was clearly either worried about being beat deep or he'd been explicitly told to keep everything in front of him because he was always leveraging over the top - what's odd is that we didnt adjust the leverage and schematically change so that canady could attack underneath

he got beat on those backshoulders and that's disappointing but its also the hardest play in football to defend as a corner when its executed perfectly especially in man when you're back is to the qb

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar scrambled a lot better today, seemed less concerned about being a passer and was more concerned about just making the plays, really encouraging.

BUT for the first time in his career he was living up to the media misconceptions, he WILL get hurt playing like that. He welcomed way too much contact.

Also stop missing TD throws for fucks sake

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I want to see the All22 to see if Canady was as bad as it seemed or if he suffered from being the CB who isnt Marlon Humphrey so they wanted to go after him.
It was both. Canady was targeted and bullied intentionally, and he played top down coverage against a wr who he is way faster than and they abused him by just going underneath over and over, it made no sense at all that he kept playing Tate like that

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar scrambled a lot better today, seemed less concerned about being a passer and was more concerned about just making the plays, really encouraging.

BUT for the first time in his career he was living up to the media misconceptions, he WILL get hurt playing like that. He welcomed way too much contact.

Also stop missing TD throws for fucks sake

if you're referring to the snead miss - that was clearly on snead - lamar threw it where snead would have been if he didnt slow down

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
With our pass rush do you really think we have a shot at Seattle ?
I will be shocked if we beat Seattle

I could be just flat out wrong, but I'm pretty sure Seattle is massively overrated. Doesn't mean that there not still better than us, but I think it'll be a game. Gotta do our best to squeak out a win

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I could be just flat out wrong, but I'm pretty sure Seattle is massively overrated. Doesn't mean that there not still better than us, but I think it'll be a game. Gotta do our best to squeak out a win

the way the seahawks play they invite close games
they're one of the few teams in the league that hangs their hat on the run like we do

its just they also happen to have an incredible qb

fundamentally though they have a great qb, a much improved OL, an ok group of receivers and some nice pieces around their defence - theyre winning these close games because they have enough talent in enough different places all over their roster

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
the way the seahawks play they invite close games
they're one of the few teams in the league that hangs their hat on the run like we do

its just they also happen to have an incredible qb

fundamentally though they have a great qb, a much improved OL, an ok group of receivers and some nice pieces around their defence - theyre winning these close games because they have enough talent in enough different places all over their roster

Literally could not agree more with you. All that being said, they're not the patriots or texans or chiefs so I think we've got a chance