• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The DeCosta and the Andrews

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The scary thing is Lamar will just get better . What is he 22 !!?!?! .
The D played phenomenal today against a stellar QB .
The refs really favored the Seahawks all game . I can only remember one offensive hold against them . Just pathetic and we won despite them .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
lamar jackson is lighting up the league and holy shit its great to be a part of.

question is, does lamar start getting mvp talk over wilson after going toe to toe in his stadium and beating his team, the refs, and the weather?

i dont care about the mvp talk but Lamar literally put the team on his back and overcame his teammates errors also - skura causes a delay of game no problem he'll throw a td to andrews, andrews drops the td no worries he'll get most of the yardage lost on the previous penalty by getting it to andrews in space, andrews drops no worries he'll run for nearly a 1st down, and then persuades his HC to let them go for it on 4th down and he runs it in himself

he overcame so much and just made good decisions

he had a couple of low throws early but he made some clutch throws in that 2nd half that just didnt get caught (and a couple that did like the one to hurst coming across the field)

he turned the screw on seattle because he hates to lose

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The scary thing is Lamar will just get better . What is he 22 !!?!?! .
The D played phenomenal today against a stellar QB .
The refs really favored the Seahawks all game . I can only remember one offensive hold against them . Just pathetic and we won despite them .
yes, he's 22 years old.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mark Andrews was horrid today. dont want to ever see that kind of game from him ever again

Hollywood better be ready for the patriots

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
I can't believe that Harbaugh timeout. I and I'm sure everyone else was like what?!?! NO! DONT GO FOR IT.

After a clearly frustrated Lamar got a delay of game. Harbs did the absolute best thing to instill confidence in a young QB who needed it.

And boom 1st down TD history.

I've been one to critique Lamar Jackson specifically his throwing (always been a fan of the goat run talent) but man he played great today. Early bomb (finally!) To someone other than Hollywood. Sure he had some low passes and still needs to improve on some things. But I think this was his best performance as a passer and he didn't even look that great on paper stats wise.

In a rainy game dangerous loud stadium...way to go Lamar.

And does anyone else just frickin love it everytime Lamar gets hit he congratulates the defenders? Even after that horrible delay of game where Lamar jumped and looked angry he immediately tapped out centers helmet to say it's all good.

Man this kid is humble.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Game Ball number one goes to Eric DeCosta for saving the defense and getting excellent value for Marcus Peters without giving up much. Peters then had a Pick 6 that set the tone for the rest of the game. Now Eric go fix our pass rush before we play the ageless Tom Brady.

Game Ball number two goes to Lamar who put the team on his back and legs and went into a tough environment and won. I believe Harbs asked Lamar if he wanted to go for it, Lamar said yes and was willing to risk losing 3 points that ended up being 7 points on a scramble. Lamar has stepped up and become a leader that this team has needed for quite sometime.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Andrews drops, Refs giving seattle EVERYTHING and lamar pulled through

flacco depressed the shit out of me, lamars energy is infectious

btw..Yanda was vintage in the second half today

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I loved the peters trade and im starting to realize that it was Peanut, Kenny young and chris Board that made us SUCK
well getting rid of CJ Mosley was a tough adjustment. He was the brains that made our defense tick. He and Weddle were a big part of the middle of our defense last year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Mark Andrews was horrid today. dont want to ever see that kind of game from him ever again

Hollywood better be ready for the patriots

that's the kind of game that can really rock a young player's confidence - he could have lost us the game and he didnt and i think the team needs to get around him and support him - he knows he nearly mucked it all up they dont need to tell him that and my hope is that he builds off this and makes sure it never happens again

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jaylon Ferguson looks like someone who's going to play a lot of snaps for us guys - the pressures will come but he's straight up just stronger than the guys in front of him and he's got nice hands and technique that's allowing him to get on the field - saw him sell out on one run where he lost the edge but otherwise a really nice showing

Biggest road win in a while. Lamar carried the offense again. We really need Hollywood back. Mark needs to hit the jugs machine on the plane back.

Defense was really good in the second half.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ferguson looks more like upshaw than a pass rusher sadly..he's strong, no doubt but he just doesn't have explosion.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Biggest road win in a while. Lamar carried the offense again. We really need Hollywood back. Mark needs to hit the jugs machine on the plane back.

Defense was really good in the second half.
compares to last years vs. the Chargers. Maybe even bigger, because it allows us to go up 2.5 games on the Brownies (favorites to win the SB...LOL). Not only that, but Cleveland plays the Pats next week.