• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The DeCosta and the Andrews

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
he's been nowhere near the player he was last year. I'd like to see how he finishes the year.
True but i just like him and williiams as a tandem... well today i did becaus hawks was forced to throw 40x.. he will probably be gone at end of year though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
True but i just like him and williiams as a tandem... well today i did becaus hawks was forced to throw 40x.. he will probably be gone at end of year though.
I'd rather redo the front seven and bring in someone that can also rush the passer. Brandon Williams probably has one more year. I believe that because we only save 4.3m cutting him. I also believe Pierce is going to cost more than BWill and the Ravens no they made mistake giving Williams that contract. That is my opinion.

I thought you didn't like BWill?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Quote from Mike Preston :
Quarterback

Lamar Jackson struggled passing most of the game and it appears that the league has figured out how to take away some of his easy throws. He threw behind and low to a lot of receivers. As usual, he remains the team’s top offensive weapon with his legs. Jackson isn’t a complete quarterback yet, but he can make big plays from anywhere on the field. Grade: C+

What a ridiculous grade . Preston needs to take some medication .

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man if only McCoy signed here instead of Carolina. That fat fuck

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Quarterback

Lamar Jackson struggled passing most of the game and it appears that the league has figured out how to take away some of his easy throws. He threw behind and low to a lot of receivers. As usual, he remains the team’s top offensive weapon with his legs. Jackson isn’t a complete quarterback yet, but he can make big plays from anywhere on the field. Grade: C+

Lmao he also had about 5 drops on beautifully thrown balls. He’s an idiot

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't believe that Harbaugh timeout. I and I'm sure everyone else was like what?!?! NO! DONT GO FOR IT.

After a clearly frustrated Lamar got a delay of game. Harbs did the absolute best thing to instill confidence in a young QB who needed it.

And boom 1st down TD history.

I've been one to critique Lamar Jackson specifically his throwing (always been a fan of the goat run talent) but man he played great today. Early bomb (finally!) To someone other than Hollywood. Sure he had some low passes and still needs to improve on some things. But I think this was his best performance as a passer and he didn't even look that great on paper stats wise.

In a rainy game dangerous loud stadium...way to go Lamar.

And does anyone else just frickin love it everytime Lamar gets hit he congratulates the defenders? Even after that horrible delay of game where Lamar jumped and looked angry he immediately tapped out centers helmet to say it's all good.

Man this kid is humble.

This was big time.

Quarterback

Preston is such a knucklehead.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Quarterback

and he had 3 or 4 passes dropped. Crazy grade is right.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'd rather redo the front seven and bring in someone that can also rush the passer. Brandon Williams probably has one more year. I believe that because we only save 4.3m cutting him. I also believe Pierce is going to cost more than BWill and the Ravens no they made mistake giving Williams that contract. That is my opinion.

I thought you didn't like BWill?
Oh i dnt lol.. but them as a tandem pretty stout.. i still think he is over paid and much rather have someone with half his run stuffing ability along with decent pass rushing.... however, today... i must admit that him and peirce playerd crazy

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This was correct before the game today:

upload_2019-10-21_13-36-53.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Quarterback

Lmao. Lamar was dropping dimes today and his receivers and they were dropping them left and right.

What people don’t ever factor in with a game littered with drops, is how that compounds the statline and how close the game is. not only is that one pass dropped thus wipes a good completion off the statline and hurts everything, but it takes away any chance for more completions and potentially TDs if the drop leads to a punt.

Dropped balls are something that just does not get used enough to contextualize a QBs performance. The ravens have historically been really bad with dropped balls on well placed throws dating back to joe Flacco and it’s never mentioned enough outside of these boards how crushing that is on a QBs performance. Lamar had the best goddamn game of his career today and that’s prestons report? Unreal

man im riding high on this one. i cant believe we did that. this team is on its way to something big because not only did our new young qb come out there and show the world that hes the real deal, but our defense which was a huge weakness SHUT DOWN the league mvp with a pick six, a clutch fumble six, and generally shut it all down despite the refs giving them all the help they could ever wish for.

seriously this feels great. my outlook on this team is entirely different and now im really upset that theyre gonna let me down again in the future because thats what harbaugh teams tend to do lmao
Me too. I've not been this hyped over a Ravens performance in a while ... maybe since last year's Chargers game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lmao he also had about 5 drops on beautifully thrown balls. He’s an idiot
Which would've put his completion percentage at SEVENTY PERCENT if those drops were catches. But shhhh, "LaMAr sTRUggLed aS A pAsSeR."

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
That may have been Lamar’s best game. He really stepped up as a leader today. The defense also stepped up in that second half. This was a huge win today and gives us confidence going into the bye week. Rest up guys you deserve it!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Someone needs to tweet Preston. How many dropped passes did we have. I mean, Andrews had 3 or 4 drops and one could have been a touchdown.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
That may have been Lamar’s best game. He really stepped up as a leader today. The defense also stepped up in that second half. This was a huge win today and gives us confidence going into the bye week. Rest up guys you deserve it!
I know man. Lamar looked like he had that fire in him. I loved it. Just wish that Andrews could catch a ball he did his best Ed Dickson today.
Someone needs to tweet Preston. How many dropped passes did we have. I mean, Andrews had 3 or 4 drops and one could have been a touchdown.
Andrews was ridiculous. I’ll give him a pass because he’s shown so much but wow that was a bad game from him. We needed to go after Hurst more.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Quarterback

he had a 21 yd td dropped among other passes - there were some poor throws early and some plays where defenders made good plays in tight windows but he adjusted and carved up their secondary tbh but guys just didnt hold on - and then we shut the passing game down once we had that lead anyway

outrageous grade from preston - if jackson gets a C+ then literally no one else on the field for either team gets a passing grade