• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The DeCosta and the Andrews

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Per Hensley:

Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey said there was a sign outside the locker room that read: “Ravens are slow and big like Earl.” Humphrey didn’t say anything to Earl Thomas but he’s sure that the safety saw it.
Damnnnnnnnnnnn

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
How about Gus Edwards too, dude could easily be a 1000 yard workhorse on another team. He had some Beastmode runs today that rejuvenated our offense when we needed it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Per Hensley:

Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey said there was a sign outside the locker room that read: “Ravens are slow and big like Earl.” Humphrey didn’t say anything to Earl Thomas but he’s sure that the safety saw it.
classless

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
ive said this like 2 weeks ago but i hope we dont bring out everything vs pats. I also hope brown is still out and jimmy lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ive said this like 2 weeks ago but i hope we dont bring out everything vs pats. I also hope brown is still out and jimmy lol.
you have, but we won't have the same game plan vs. the pats the second time (in the playoffs). Marty isn't on the team anymore.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
What a win, ugh so many victory chugs for this one.

The Texans lost, chiefs sadly lose Mahomes and now the Ravens look clearly like they are in the convo for 2nd best or at worst 3rd best team in the AFC.

And what a chemistry shift for this team. Lamar looks like a leader, Harbs with the call of the year, and now finally some swag on defense with Marlon Humphrey leading the way even through ups and downs. If you remember in that Steelers game Humphrey had an ugly flag then turned around and sealed the game on his Falcon-Punch fumble 6.

Leggo

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jaylon Ferguson looks like someone who's going to play a lot of snaps for us guys - the pressures will come but he's straight up just stronger than the guys in front of him and he's got nice hands and technique that's allowing him to get on the field - saw him sell out on one run where he lost the edge but otherwise a really nice showing
He lost the edge on multiple runs by crashing. That’s gotta be fixed and I can’t believe Pete Carroll didn’t bust his ass repeatedly on the option

JO_75

Hall of Famer
compares to last years vs. the Chargers. Maybe even bigger, because it allows us to go up 2.5 games on the Brownies (favorites to win the SB...LOL). Not only that, but Cleveland plays the Pats next week.

I'd say biggest road win since we went into New Orleans and beat the Saints in 2014.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where them haters at after the browns game? Where dey at doe?!?!? There were A LOT OF EM.

I thought the season was over? I thought We should fire Harbaugh?

All the great plays today, the best one was when we should have gone for a FG and Harbs was like NOPE called a timeout, immediately told Lamar were going for it go get us the 1st down. Yet we get a TD.

Hate on me if you want but that's some Brady bellichek magic right there.

Pump the brakes. Harbs has been out of his mind all year going for 4th downs and 2pt conversions. Happy that 4th down call worked out but I hope he doesn’t pull that KC crap again.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Pump the brakes. Harbs has been out of his mind all year going for 4th downs and 2pt conversions. Happy that 4th down call worked out but I hope he doesn’t pull that KC crap again.
My dude! Lamar obviously got frustrated with that delay of game call that halted our drive. Have you ever seen another QB jump like that in frustration? And instead of kicking the FG, Harbs called a timeout as we were lining up for it. Asked Lamar "Do you wanna go for it?" And then we got a 1st down, Td and a score that changed the momentum of the game. That is some gorgeous coach-QB chemistry right there. You think Harbs knows his seat gets hotter when he goes for it? But he did it this time specifically for Lamar. To instill confidence. Going for the 1st down, but getting the TD.

Those 4th down calls are hard sometimes but I would rather a coach or coordinator go aggressive, then go vanilla and feeble.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm thrilled to hear Humphrey mention that Marcus Peters was calling out what Seattle was going to do to the point where he's never seen that from a CB before. Such an asset.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Lamar is above everything else, a LEADER.
Lamar was potentially the best player on either side of the ball on either team today, and despite that, is nowhere even near his potential imo.
Peters, Humphrey, and Jimmy will honestly just be stupid good.
Chick Clark > TJ
Andrews had an off day, not concerned.
Hope the bye helps us get healthy. Definitely think we'll give the pats a tough game. Today's game really makes me think we should trade for a pass rusher. We could be 1 player away...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So on the delay of game Lamar had a Philip rivers like tantrum, and before the flag could even hit the ground he went and showed skura some love as to let him know he fucked up but it’s all good and we’re gonna make up for it together as a team.

That was awesome. Dude is such a leader