• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Better and The Best vs NE

Tuck actually missed a kick. I blame whoever it was that talked about his flawless record this year. Knew right away he would miss something tonight. lol
It was BB. He called him the GOAT for a reason. That team blows sunshine up the opposing team's ass all the time before facing them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
But for real not a single reporter asked about Ronnie Stanley after the gams bruh not knowing is killing me and when was Lamar crying?
It looked he may have been crying when he was giving his postgame interview. His eyes were red and glossy and he was struggling to speak and he was sniffling

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It looked he may have been crying when he was giving his postgame interview. His eyes were red and glossy and he was struggling to speak and he was sniffling
He’s probably overcome with emotion to beat the Patriots. I imagine it’s a big deal for him. Not saying you’re saying otherwise

The Good: Blocking schemes and execution. The boys up front were rocking people. You don't get 200+ yards rushing without it.Lamar's ability to ad lib (that impossible escape in the red zone where he picked up a first), the throw to Andrews and the nerves to get that 4th and 4 and to be patient and hit Boyle for the TD. His passing was shaking in the first half, but he settled in. Our secondary is sick.
The Bad: Turnovers could have cost us this game. We can't have those kinds of gaffes, the one on STs was the worst.
The Ugly: Getting gassed on D ... we were on our heels a bit. It is important to get of the field early in the drive if a team is in hurry up, or your cooked by the time they get in the red zone. Expect to see more of that.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve gone to a lot of Ravens games and seen them play and the Ravens have never lost a game I’ve attended. That being said, when I say I’ve never felt the feeling I did today I mean it. During the pregame something just felt different and I can’t explain it but it was different. Watching the team milk away 8-minute drives was impressive. Jackson could be the real deal and I think what’s amazing is he is still improving a lot. His ability to escape pressure is really good and he can fake it a lot. That was a great game and loved seeing Ed Reed get his ring. It was awesome

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Oh... One last thing. I remember people being mad about the Boyle re-signing. Pretty sure they see his value now. He's a MAJOR part of our offense. Made it out healthy with a lovely W. I'd say I'd sleep well if I could sleep. I'm up like a kid on Christmas eve.

I’ve gone to a lot of Ravens games and seen them play and the Ravens have never lost a game I’ve attended. That being said, when I say I’ve never felt the feeling I did today I mean it. During the pregame something just felt different and I can’t explain it but it was different. Watching the team milk away 8-minute drives was impressive. Jackson could be the real deal and I think what’s amazing is he is still improving a lot. His ability to escape pressure is really good and he can fake it a lot. That was a great game and loved seeing Ed Reed get his ring. It was awesome
Both Seattle and NE we had offensive drives in the 4th quarter that were just back-breakers. We get the ball up a score with 12 minutes we can nearly end the game with one of those drives. Leaves the opposition down 2 scores and only 4 minutes left.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The Good: Blocking schemes and execution. The boys up front were rocking people. You don't get 200+ yards rushing without it.Lamar's ability to ad lib (that impossible escape in the red zone where he picked up a first), the throw to Andrews and the nerves to get that 4th and 4 and to be patient and hit Boyle for the TD. His passing was shaking in the first half, but he settled in. Our secondary is sick.
The Bad: Turnovers could have cost us this game. We can't have those kinds of gaffes, the one on STs was the worst.
The Ugly: Getting gassed on D ... we were on our heels a bit. It is important to get of the field early in the drive if a team is in hurry up, or your cooked by the time they get in the red zone. Expect to see more of that.

For the D being gassed, I can't blame them. They had just basically defended an entire drive. Then got the TO for a TD and had to go right back out there.

Oh... One last thing. I remember people being mad about the Boyle re-signing. Pretty sure they see his value now. He's a MAJOR part of our offense. Made it out healthy with a lovely W. I'd say I'd sleep well if I could sleep. I'm up like a kid on Christmas eve.
Guilty as charged.

I don't know if I was "mad" about it, but I was surprised by the amount of his contract - simply because he was a blocking TE. Well, forget his TD catch, the guy's an absolute mauler and is a big part of why our run game excels.

Ricard is propbably the most awesome unsung player in the league.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Guilty as charged.

I don't know if I was "mad" about it, but I was surprised by the amount of his contract - simply because he was a blocking TE. Well, forget his TD catch, the guy's an absolute mauler and is a big part of why our run game excels.

Ricard is propbably the most awesome unsung player in the league.

I want to say I liked the move because I realized how much he was utilized in our offense and he was damn good at what he was tasked with. had also shown pretty good hands and was basically an extra OL. Think another guy had signed a deal prior or right after and was very similar.

For the D being gassed, I can't blame them. They had just basically defended an entire drive. Then got the TO for a TD and had to go right back out there.
There's no blame, it was just a fact. I said we might see more of that and we might - but not everyone can execute that like Brady can. It just is one of the things a D has to deal with when facing him.

In a way it is risky for the other team to do that. If you do it and fail, you throw your D on the field in a flash and we start grinding again. That did happen to them on their second and 3rd possessions - unfortunately we turned it over after that and shifted momentum for the rest of the half.

Love Lamar's T in the presser. "Nobody Cares - Work Harder".

Loved in his post-game interview, he said it was all about film study. All of this is music to my ears.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Pats secondary focused really hard on taking away our options for chunk yardage in the passing game - our receivers need to start winning downfield more consistently to stretch the field - but to supplement it I really liked us getting hollywood the ball in space on the move
This team would be near unstoppable if we can sign someone like AJ Green in FA.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Vick was such a bad passer, Vick literally until his time in philly looked like Lamar last year. His ENTIRE falcons stint he looked like a strong armed project and never advanced from there. Plus his running was mostly broken field sprinting, Lamar is carving up loaded fronts like an all pro RB right now and evading sacks like I’ve never seen.

He had a play where he dropped, exploded up in the pocket like 2 yards in one step to evade 2 rushers, they countered back up and he exploded backwards again, then climbed the pocket one more time. He’s just toying with defenders
Not to mention vick is a hater.. wont be surprised if his hating gets worse as lamar gets better

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think jimmy played pretty well today.. peters didnt look as good imo..’looked like he was still
Playing for the rams

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think jimmy played pretty well today.. peters didnt look as good imo..’looked like he was still
Playing for the rams

I thought they all looked good today minus the turnovers that put them in a bad spot. Twice