• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm with you! I think that this is a great game to showcase Lamar's arm more. The film on his running abilities are piling up and I have a sneaky suspicion that a few teams down the line may take a page out of the Chargers playbook from last season's playoff game. Keep pounding the rock of course, but mix in a whole lot more passing!

TAKE THE TOP OF THE DEFENSE!!
Bus will travel for 130y

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think we have to worry about our run game honestly. Mark Ingram has brought an explosive dynamic to this run game. He just explodes off the back field so very well and it's a problem for players on the 2nd player. Plus teams respect Lamar's arm more now then they did before, you have to. I think he's shown well enough that he can make plenty of throws and if you sleep on his ability to do that then you'll risk giving up plays. I think what we're doing is working and there's no reason to change that. The Bengals have the worst run D in the league, we need to run it down their throats because they simply won't be able to stop it.

I do want to see Lamar's carries go down, but at the same time, the Bengals won't be able to do anything to stop this.

what's interesting is that teams respect lamar's passing but dont really seemingly trust what they're seeing - in high leverage situations they still 100% believe we're running and sell out and try and put pressure on lamar to beat them with his arm in the passing game - and so far this year he has - consistently - only the chiefs game where he didnt really punish a team where he missed those high leverage throws

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
our DBs are going to be licking their lips
As they should be, Finley had very bad anticipation and rapport with 3 really good receivers, he tried to lead his receivers to a fault, to the point that he doesn’t spot throw at all. If he does that against earl Thomas and Marcus Peters it’s a wrap, those guys will catch on to that and any receiver who’s facing man coverage they will just play ahead of them and easily jump routes

D1City55

Pro Bowler
what's interesting is that teams respect lamar's passing but dont really seemingly trust what they're seeing - in high leverage situations they still 100% believe we're running and sell out and try and put pressure on lamar to beat them with his arm in the passing game - and so far this year he has - consistently - only the chiefs game where he didnt really punish a team where he missed those high leverage throws
He missed throws in that KC game, but what we're doing is working so well and I don't think we've completely opened the playbook yet. The passing game will arrive. It's pretty difficult when Willie Snead is practically your best WR with Hollywood out. That Cardinals game we played earlier in the year is the type of game I want us to play. Take advantage of Lamar's special ability to run, make throws everywhere on the field, and run with authority. I honestly think that's the model of how we should play. That was my favorite Lamar's performance this year because of how many great throws he made.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
One thing to note, Richard deserves serious credit with the blocks he's made so far this season. His blocking has opened some great runs against New England.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It will be interesting to see what De'Anthony Thomas can bring in the return game. Hate to see them cut Canady though. IMHO, he is better than Averett.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It will be interesting to see what De'Anthony Thomas can bring in the return game. Hate to see them cut Canady though. IMHO, he is better than Averett.
Averett has more speed and an extra year on his rookie deal I also assume he is showing more in practice and they feel he has a higher upside.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• A.J. GREENWR, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Updating a previous item, A.J. Green (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.
    He was expected to practice in full, and coach Zac Taylor spoke to the media earlier Wednesday, saying Green is likely to make his season debut this week. It's unclear what's going on, but it's only Wednesday, so Green can easily still suit up Sunday. For now, we'll consider Green questionable for Week 10.

SOURCE: Paul Dehner on Twitter
    Nov 6, 2019, 1:41 PM ET

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Tom Pelissero on twitter:

After practice, Zac Taylor says A.J. Green didn’t feel great after walkthru so went and got some treatment. Status now is “day by day.”
Smart man. Why would you want to have a first game after injury with THAT qb vs THAT secondary?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Averett has more speed and an extra year on his rookie deal I also assume he is showing more in practice and they feel he has a higher upside.
I can’t speak for practice, but he was absolutely abused in the games he played this season.