• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Texans

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm so hyped for this game just as a football fan.

These are my 2 Fav players in the league rn and its gonna be amazing.

I hope we win but if Deshaun Watson beats us I tip my cap. Like Dabo said, hes Michael Jordan...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlo vs nuk will be a great matchup! If Marlo somehow clamps nuk, he would have to be in the all-pro discussion.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
b2b teams coming off the bye week

Its not ideal, but we shouldn’t complain. We had a bye to game plan for the pats.
And the pats and Texans games are both at home at least. Loving this 1 away 1 home schedule.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
If we are going to have to face a team coming off a bye, I am glad it is at home. Hopefully Pierce will be able to play.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is gonna be a fun game, win or lose. Sucks that we don't get to see it in primetime, but this has all the makings of a future rivalry.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I honestly feared this game more then that game against New England. We can keep Brady in the pocket and get hits on him. Now Watson is a different story because he's so great at making throws on the run and eluding pressure. He presents a totally different challenge and I'm not disrespecting Brady by any means but Watson is someone who you can't really game plan for. Also, Michael Pierce being injured sucks.

I'll be honest, I think our defense will struggle here and it's going to be close. We need Lamar and the offense to be at their best.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I honestly feared this game more then that game against New England. We can keep Brady in the pocket and get hits on him. Now Watson is a different story because he's so great at making throws on the run and eluding pressure. He presents a totally different challenge and I'm not disrespecting Brady by any means but Watson is someone who you can't really game plan for. Also, Michael Pierce being injured sucks.

I'll be honest, I think our defense will struggle here and it's going to be close. We need Lamar and the offense to be at their best.
definitely could be a shootout and also agree it's going to be close.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think this is the game where our pass rush gets victimised - no more "the ball's out too quick" excuses because deshaun watson holds the ball and makes plays in the pocket - we'll have to actually contain him and have a disciplined but violent pass rush - this is the kind of game where jaylon ferguson is going to have to prove himself or our corners are going to have to cover for extra long periods

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

MICHAEL PIERCEDL, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Coach John Harbaugh said DT Michael Pierce (ankle) is day to day.
Harbaugh added, "Nothing serious. It won't be a long-term injury. There's a chance that he'll play Sunday. We'll just see how he does." Pierce's absence would be bad news for the front seven's chances of slowing down Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson, but at least Pierce appears to have avoided an extended absence.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

MICHAEL PIERCEDL, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Coach John Harbaugh said DT Michael Pierce (ankle) is day to day.
Harbaugh added, "Nothing serious. It won't be a long-term injury. There's a chance that he'll play Sunday. We'll just see how he does." Pierce's absence would be bad news for the front seven's chances of slowing down Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson, but at least Pierce appears to have avoided an extended absence.
That is actually good news. I will keep my fingers crossed that he is feeling better by next Sunday.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lot of clueless fans on Texans forum and few exceptions.

The highlight of my brief read-through:

"Lamar is very talented but he'll never reach DW's level because he lacks intangibles like leadership and work ethic"

or something on those lines.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Start of a tough slate of games. Texans, then at the Rams, then 49ers at home, then at the Bills. Rams have the worst record of the bunch and they are defending NFC Champs. Will learn a lot about the Ravens over this month

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Start of a tough slate of games. Texans, then at the Rams, then 49ers at home, then at the Bills. Rams have the worst record of the bunch and they are defending NFC Champs. Will learn a lot about the Ravens over this month
Of all these, the Rams game scares me the most.