• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Texans

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Start of a tough slate of games. Texans, then at the Rams, then 49ers at home, then at the Bills. Rams have the worst record of the bunch and they are defending NFC Champs. Will learn a lot about the Ravens over this month
I think the Seahawks game was the start of the “tough slate”

purp

Practice Squad
got it. I think we will beat the Texans even coming off the bye week, but could be a very interesting game, to say the least.

I think we win this game because of better coaching. We’ve been in BOB’s head since before they went on the BYE. He’s even on the record saying he’s certain we put the Heisman package in against Cincinnati just to mess with his head.

I expect to see us:
-Test Fuller’s hamstring with Hollywood early and often
-Eat up their LBs and Safety’s early with the TEs
-Pound the ball late when they loosen up the box

That said, I still expect a balanced game. I think both Wink and Roman are going to have fun with this one.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I\m not saying every corner needs to gamble like peters but humphrey could add a bit more of that to his game without being a liability. Not saying he needs to take it to peters extent but it would really help take his game into that next level.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we win this game because of better coaching. We’ve been in BOB’s head since before they went on the BYE. He’s even on the record saying he’s certain we put the Heisman package in against Cincinnati just to mess with his head.

I expect to see us:
-Test Fuller’s hamstring with Hollywood early and often
-Eat up their LBs and Safety’s early with the TEs
-Pound the ball late when they loosen up the box

That said, I still expect a balanced game. I think both Wink and Roman are going to have fun with this one.
tenor.gif

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the texans D front is one of the better run stuffing fronts. DJ Reader in particular has been super dominant this year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Start of a tough slate of games. Texans, then at the Rams, then 49ers at home, then at the Bills. Rams have the worst record of the bunch and they are defending NFC Champs. Will learn a lot about the Ravens over this month
we said that prior to the Seahawks game as well and I'm not making light of the games ahead, but we have taken care of business in those games and feel we should do well in the upcoming games as well.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I\m not saying every corner needs to gamble like peters but humphrey could add a bit more of that to his game without being a liability. Not saying he needs to take it to peters extent but it would really help take his game into that next level.

I think there is something to be said about just being the CB that you cannot complete a pass against. Jimmy was that for years and while it doesnt get the accolades that being a risk taker does, I would say that being able to just take the biggest weapon the other team has out of the game is worth more to me then a big pick here and there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Peters isn’t just a gambler though, he’s a damn smart corner who knows what’s coming, he knows how to bait, he knows how to jump routes. That leaves him susceptible to misreads and bad jumps, but not every corner has the smarts to pull off what Peters does, just like not every corner has the instinct to press and mirror and deflect like Humphrey.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Peters isn’t just a gambler though, he’s a damn smart corner who knows what’s coming, he knows how to bait, he knows how to jump routes. That leaves him susceptible to misreads and bad jumps, but not every corner has the smarts to pull off what Peters does, just like not every corner has the instinct to press and mirror and deflect like Humphrey.
Humphrey even mentioned that Peters is the smartest DB he has ever been around.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Really excited for this game. It’s going to be electric.

I’ve been looking over power rankings and all that analyst talk that doesn’t matter one bit, but I always start to worry when these people start putting the Ravens #1. NFL.com has them #2. But I think this team is so different from teams in the past.

I was gonna post before the Bengals game that I think they’ll flat out dominate them because they have played them so close for so long and this team just feels different from even two months ago.

I can not wait for this game to challenge another tough playoff contender. It’ll be interesting how they contend with Watson. No JJ Watt. Another chance to put another good team away.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really excited for this game. It’s going to be electric.

I’ve been looking over power rankings and all that analyst talk that doesn’t matter one bit, but I always start to worry when these people start putting the Ravens #1. NFL.com has them #2. But I think this team is so different from teams in the past.

I was gonna post before the Bengals game that I think they’ll flat out dominate them because they have played them so close for so long and this team just feels different from even two months ago.

I can not wait for this game to challenge another tough playoff contender. It’ll be interesting how they contend with Watson. No JJ Watt. Another chance to put another good team away.

its amazing how different my outlook on this texans game is compared to 5 weeks ago

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Zrebiec:

Ravens are working on a deal with veteran free agent DT Domata Peko, per sources. Ravens tried to sign him earlier this season but couldn't agree on deal. Ravens thin up front with both Michael Pierce and Daylon Mack dealing with injuries.

makes sense - with pierce day-to-day (with peanut and hollywood that meant 3 weeks lol) and daylon mack also dealing with injuries and not really being a factor anyway it makes sense to bring in support

reinforcements on the DL if Peko signs and reinforcements on special teams if we elevate Imam Marshall - would assume that if those 2 moves happen Cyrus Jones would be waived and Daylon Mack would go on i/r