• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hollywood

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And that’s without a single TD. I tried to tell these folks Hollywood is coming, but they all swore by Metcalf and terry, Hollywood was catching balls from a rb and he didn’t do much last year bla bla.
I think the defenses we're going up against already fear him. But the dilemma is: do you try your damnedest to stop our running game or do you respect our passing game enough where Hollywood can't under any circumstances beat you over the top?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And that’s without a single TD. I tried to tell these folks Hollywood is coming, but they all swore by Metcalf and terry, Hollywood was catching balls from a rb and he didn’t do much last year bla bla.
Totally agree. BTW, I knew Metcalf would be good if used properly, but getting drafted by the Seahawks was awesome for him. I liked McLaurin as well but he's better than I thought.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Totally agree. BTW, I knew Metcalf would be good if used properly, but getting drafted by the Seahawks was awesome for him. I liked McLaurin as well but he's better than I thought.

McLaurin has been amazing - probably the best rookie WR so far this year (I love Hollywood and he's played well so far this year and it's cool that he's graded out the best but McLaurin has probably been the best tbh)

not sure anyone saw this sort of dominance from McLaurin coming

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
McLaurin has been amazing - probably the best rookie WR so far this year (I love Hollywood and he's played well so far this year and it's cool that he's graded out the best but McLaurin has probably been the best tbh)

not sure anyone saw this sort of dominance from McLaurin coming
Washington hasn't drafted a good WR since Art Monk and then Gary Clark in 1984. Gary Clark ended up playing in the USFL until it folded and then the Skins had rights to him. They definitely did well with McLaurin.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

lamar has to start hitting some of these if we want this offence to take off this year

im not suggesting he needs to hit all of them but just 1 or 2 would completely change the narrative of this offence

This is a throw that even the best nfl qbs are far from perfect. Lamar is a competent enough thrower to make those, I think he’s just having an off couple of weeks and he will end up working it out,

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is a throw that even the best nfl qbs are far from perfect. Lamar is a competent enough thrower to make those, I think he’s just having an off couple of weeks and he will end up working it out,
Let’s hope so because those looked really bad and just give fuel to the haters. I’d absolutely drool if Lamar developed a consistent deep ball

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Also, if DBs are playing 10 yards off of Hollywood, why doesn’t Roman scheme him open on drags or screens, etc.? So frustrating when I see that on the TV

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also, if DBs are playing 10 yards off of Hollywood, why doesn’t Roman scheme him open on drags or screens, etc.? So frustrating when I see that on the TV
because defenses key in on the center field now and unfortunately that runs hollywood right into the teeth of the D, we actually saw a ton of it vs the chiefs.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
because defenses key in on the center field now and unfortunately that runs hollywood right into the teeth of the D, we actually saw a ton of it vs the chiefs.
Fair enough. I just want to scheme him at all costs like they do Tyreek. Hollywood would be absolutely deadly on end arounds

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Fair enough. I just want to scheme him at all costs like they do Tyreek. Hollywood would be absolutely deadly on end arounds
Didn't we try that last year? I don't remember it working very well.

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
I find this surprising - and given the misses he and Lamar have had it seems like he could have blown the doors off the competition even more in that 2nd stat

How so? Aren't those misses already included?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

lamar has to start hitting some of these if we want this offence to take off this year

im not suggesting he needs to hit all of them but just 1 or 2 would completely change the narrative of this offence

Absolutely, those are almost all easily 60 yard plus and would change the dynamic of the defense