• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hollywood

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I find this surprising - and given the misses he and Lamar have had it seems like he could have blown the doors off the competition even more in that 2nd stat

as much as I would have loved having Calvin Ridley, I don't think we would have drafted 1st round WR's in b2b yrs.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im still pissed we didnt draft ridley...

honestly i wouldve preferred by a million miles if we had just drafted lamar at hursts spot and saved ourselves the trade up. i need the coaches to allow jk dobbins to change my mind on that because hurst was ultimately what got us dobbins...

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Once Lamar and Hollywood start connecting on those bigger plays more consistently? Look out.

That is the difference between Lamar averaging 189 a game in the air and roughly 240-260 in the air a game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Once Lamar and Hollywood start connecting on those bigger plays more consistently? Look out.

That is the difference between Lamar averaging 189 a game in the air and roughly 240-260 in the air a game.
That’s a big difference between this year and last too, Lamar’s “mvp” games were the ones where he would hit one of throws, I think the only game he’s had this year in mvp form was the browns, and that’s the game where he did hit Hollywood on a true deep ball.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s a big difference between this year and last too, Lamar’s “mvp” games were the ones where he would hit one of throws, I think the only game he’s had this year in mvp form was the browns, and that’s the game where he did hit Hollywood on a true deep ball.

It's like the game breaks open for him and gets hot. I use to think it was related to his legs but it really isn't. He has shown me the ability to make throws from the pocket or scramble to make something and when he hits big he turns into something else.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
It's like the game breaks open for him and gets hot. I use to think it was related to his legs but it really isn't. He has shown me the ability to make throws from the pocket or scramble to make something and when he hits big he turns into something else.
I had that feeling last year when it felt like we were starting slow. Lamar would make a big play and then the offense would be on fire the rest of the game. I can't quantify that, but it felt that way to me at least.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had that feeling last year when it felt like we were starting slow. Lamar would make a big play and then the offense would be on fire the rest of the game. I can't quantify that, but it felt that way to me at least.

I agree with you. It is hard to explain.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean he’s always been considered a rhythm guy, that’s basically a fancy word for a guy who gets hot. If you see Lamar make a big play early you can call it a day, he got off the bus feeling dangerous

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
....The protection needs to hold up to take accurate shots down the field and the protection has been an issue for the Ravens this season, but Jackson is also has been at fault with missed reads and inaccurate throws, too....
...However, Brown can’t only be used on vertical routes. Right now his role resembles that of a late-round receiver who can only win with speed deep — a one-trick pony. Brown is far too talented to be limited to just that type of role...
... How did Riley use Brown at Oklahoma? Obviously, he let Brown run the deep post routes and stretch the defense vertically, but he also mixed in a healthy dose of horizontal routes. He schemed up shallow crosses for Brown to allow him to use his speed after the catch...
...The Ravens could look to feed him the ball on some shallow crossing routes against teams that like to play man coverage or comebacks and hitches against defenses that like to play off or zone. There’s no reason why they couldn’t throw him a couple of bubble screens every game just to see if he can break one. They can be more imaginative with a talent like Brown. Having protection hold up longer and Jackson managing to deliver an accurate ball on time down the field would help everyone involved, but if that’s the only way Brown is being used, it placess unnecessary pressure on a low probability pass to come off and generate the explosive plays that the offense desperately lacks.

So basically what some here already wrote. This is pretty much confirms that Roman's scheme isn't primarily designed to be WR friendly.