• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 12 Discussion (Is It Monday Yet?)

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am not really worried about the Chiefs or Texans anymore with Peters.

I do think both the Chiefs and Texans can beat the Pats and that at least one will so basically Home Field is determined by if the Ravens can handle their business.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the help cowboys you sorry sacks of shit. Yeah, you got zeke and maybe the leagues most talented OL, you’re facing the patriots who have a GREAT secondary and are suspect in run defense, and it’s pouring down rain, what’s the gameplan... pass as much as possible, and when you do run, make sure it’s a telegraphed 31 dive basically every time. Way to Garrett you incompetent pos.

Guess we’ll have to go into Gillette in January and beat the everloving FVCK out of them in their own house and show the nfl that their time is done.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
every week there is a call (or more than one) in a game that makes me furious because it changes the outcome of the game - or it at least torpedoes the competitiveness of a game

i dont think there is a sport in the world with as bad an officiating situation as the NFL right now despite it being the most lucrative (per team) sport in the world
It's so infuriating. Like they want this shit to happen. How about stop putting 50-60 year old refs who cant see shit. Like the NFL is running out if excuses. It's worse than college officials on a game by game basis. Its absolutely ludacris and it's one of the main reasons I cant watch games outside the ravens. All it does is just piss me off....I cant even enjoy a football game anymore because I feel like the outcome is constantly being manipulated

Appears we'll have to be on a 12 game win streak to finish the regular season to get the 1 seed and even that may not be enough.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well ... who knows, maybe one day Lamar will take over the world, a throng of fans will love him and we'll somehow become the darlings of the NFL like the Steelers and Pats have been for so many years ...

NAH ...
And then our OL can get away with holds and our WRs can run illegal picks and push off all day!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Another thing I hate about the NFLs officiating problem is no one will even mention that tripping call tomorrow. Not one fucking person. It's like they're trying to cover this shit up I swear.

If we lose to the Pats in the playoffs to some bs officiating I'm done with the NFL this is getting ridiculous

zero accountability at all - and no repercussions for the refs either beyond getting a poor grade - no fines or punishments or demotions for season-altering mistakes...

I wasn't so furious in the Texans game
Yeah - that was a bad call but you have to say there is big difference in missing a call (especially one that happens so early in the game) than fabricating a call out of nothing when the game is on the line. The former seems like incompetence - the latter seems like bias.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's so infuriating. Like they want this shit to happen. How about stop putting 50-60 year old refs who cant see shit. Like the NFL is running out if excuses. It's worse than college officials on a game by game basis. Its absolutely ludacris and it's one of the main reasons I cant watch games outside the ravens. All it does is just piss me off....I cant even enjoy a football game anymore because I feel like the outcome is constantly being manipulated

theres also this idea that refs kind of cycle through big games and big spots - but that shouldnt be it - reffing a primetime game or a game with massive implications should be a reward for the best refs and the best crews just like the superbowl is - i dont care if its the same 2 refs on the 2 biggest games of the week every week - reward self-improvement

i dont feel like the games are being manipulated but it does ruin my enjoyment of the game - like i feel like i just got robbed of the end of the pats cowboys game

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well ... who knows, maybe one day Lamar will take over the world, a throng of fans will love him and we'll somehow become the darlings of the NFL like the Steelers and Pats have been for so many years ...

NAH ...
you and I both know 5, 10, 15 years from now, they will be saying we shouldn't be playing him the way he is playing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
btw, great thing about the Browns winning is that Kitchens will stick around in Cleveland.