• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Skura and The Coliseum

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mekari came in and held it down! Keep it going!

Ludy51

Hall of Famer

Eric DeCosta spending a lot of time on the sidelines this year - big change from the way ozzie would be up in the booth all the time - hasn't seemed to stop him from making the tricky decisions to cut guys etc.

Gotta love Lamar keeping the team focused.

“Zero-Zero! Zero-Zero!”

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Eric DeCosta spending a lot of time on the sidelines this year - big change from the way ozzie would be up in the booth all the time - hasn't seemed to stop him from making the tricky decisions to cut guys etc.

Different leadership styles. DeCosta is the new breed! He's on the field peeping his newest acquisitions!

Ludy51

Hall of Famer

Also means he can live out all of our fantasies of cutting a player as soon as they screw up

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Good point. I noticed that last game and a game before. I kinda like how present he is on the field

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Ozzie much older though. Feet and shit probably starts hurting after 30 mins

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching Lamar and this Ravens offense and the overall team ballin like they are to become 9-2, leading the AFC North and the Ravens being a team that is so exciting to watch this season; got me wondering, what in the hell does Suggs, Mosely, Zadarius and Flacco think about all this? :cool:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching Lamar and this Ravens offense and the overall team ballin like they are to become 9-2, leading the AFC North and the Ravens being a team that is so exciting to watch this season; got me wondering, what in the hell does Suggs, Mosely, Zadarius and Flacco think about all this? :cool:

Especially Suggs. I really really hated seeing him leave. I hope they're still cheering us on.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Got to be strong willed to be the boss of everyone on that sideline but also not get involved one bit - the temptation to micromanage must be so big and yet it just doesn’t seem to be in his nature
You could say the same about Biscotti. Unlike Jerry Jones, you rarely hear of Biscotti during the regular season. I love how straightforward he is and how he allows the people he hired to do their job without trying to be their micromanager.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You could say the same about Biscotti. Unlike Jerry Jones, you rarely hear of Biscotti during the regular season. I love how straightforward he is and how he allows the people he hired to do their job without trying to be their micromanager.

tbf to jerry jones he is also the GM - you can argue he shouldnt be but he does have that dual role

I think Bisciotti is the only person on the sidelines on gameday who EDC isn't the boss of - the restraint they both show despite the power imbalance they hold over everyone on the sideline is pretty cool - as it should be - but you know there are owners and GMs who wouldnt be able to stop themselves if they were on the sideline during games

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mekari came in and held it down! Keep it going!
I can’t believe I’ve wasted so much time on Reddit when all my original Raven colleagues like militant are here.

This team is so damn good, Lamar is amazing. At this point, even though I really want the 1 seed, I just want the team as healthy as possible. I see 3 teams left that can possibly beat NE but no one has played them well outside of us, maybe if they didn’t cheap shot Josh Allen the Bills could of won that game.

Mekari came in and we didn’t skip a beat, but we were already rolling. Lamar masks so many things however

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’d hope and assume it isn’t jealousy, I’d like to think they’re happy for their former team mates , coach and owner. Flacco accomplished a lot here and I’m sure he knows deep down that he can’t play anymore in this league, he’s lost his mobility and gamesmanship. If the stories are true and he agreed Lamar should of stayed in the playoff game, then I think he had accepted Lamar being the new guy. Lamar was classy and respectful to him so I can’t assume there was much animosity, although sometimes I think Flacco ignored Lamar on that wheel route against Pittsburgh out of jealousy. When Suggs was here he knew Lamar had game but I always felt he was bugged by his confidence and swagger, I remember that one postgame interview where he said Lamar still has a lot to learn. Overall I think he’s got to be happy with what we’re doing here since he loves this franchise and is a huge part of it’s legacy, he seemed to acknowledge that there was a changing of the guard in process and he didn’t want to be an obstacle to that.

Smith is on a good team right now, Mosley got his $ but I think he probably wishes he could have been on this team

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can’t believe I’ve wasted so much time on Reddit when all my original Raven colleagues like militant are here.

This team is so damn good, Lamar is amazing. At this point, even though I really want the 1 seed, I just want the team as healthy as possible. I see 3 teams left that can possibly beat NE but no one has played them well outside of us, maybe if they didn’t cheap shot Josh Allen the Bills could of won that game.

Mekari came in and we didn’t skip a beat, but we were already rolling. Lamar masks so many things however
what was your screen name on BatltimoreRavens.com?

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I've always wondered what it would feel like as a player (of any sport) to move teams in the off-season and then watch your old team go and win the big one without you.