• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Skura and The Coliseum

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do we bring in someone or is it next man up with Bozeman? Not ok with the ladder...

Will slot mekari in at center i expect and try to not disrupt 2 different positions on the line - powers likely gets activated and we'll have to elevate a lineman from the PS or find one from elsewhere to be the 8th lineman (inactive on gamedays) - probably elsewhere given who we have on the PS

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
jeez..bozeman though

he's a real pass protection liability.

Joe thuney is a guy i want in FA. I really hope that Yanda feels re-energized by this team and plays next year so we have a lineup of

Stanley, thuney, whoever, Yanda, Brown

One hell of a win for this team last night. I would offer some accolades but y’all have beat me to it and covered it all. Lol. I’m still pinching myself to make sure this is not a dream. What LJ and the rest of this team is doing right now is beyond comprehension, and not just for ravens fans, the whole football world is in shock right now. I agree with those who now feel that anything short of a championship is going to be a letdown. I believe that there is not a team out there that can beat us, assuming minimal injuries to key players.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Second time in a row we play the Rams and one of our offensive players is out for the season. Fuck them.

jeez..bozeman though

Joe thuney is a guy i want in FA. I really hope that Yanda feels re-energized by this team and plays next year so we have a lineup of

Oh Sami ... a tiny passing rain cloud on a bright sunny day.

Bozeman is doing pretty damn good. Not everyone on the team is going to be a pro bowler. The fact we got a legitimate starter out of a 6th rounder in his sophomore season seems pretty damn good to me.

I recall the quote “Donald vs Bozeman ... it’s not going to be pretty “ well no matter who plays the Rams it’s never 1-1 and it wasn’t last night. Bozeman teamed up with others to get the job done.

Things turned out pretty well, no?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
jeez..bozeman though

dude he was 1v1 against maybe the best player in the NFL

I don't understand that assessment. I have not seen Lamar having much trouble stepping up the pocket and shredding coverages all season.
Letting pressure or sack from time to time is OK - can't stop them all. And he is really moving big man out of the way when run blocking.
If the guys are dropped from team the way you think they should be, nobody in NFL will have a career longer than couple years.
Let's cut Donald, too - lone assisted tackle and zero other stats against that bad interior? He really sucks.

The Good ... it is almost too much to enumerate. As much as Jackson gets accolades- and he does deserve them - this is a total team effort. Ingram looking like Taz. Online mauling WR TE getting open making plays Roman and Wink scheming corners lock down big uglies on D stuffing it’s just all like a symphony.

The Bad ... my concern is Jackson is freelancing so effectively I fear he may start getting an air of invincibility. He took a couple brutal hits on the sidelines that were really unnecessary. He absolutely cannot lose sight of the fact that his health is priority 1.

The Ugly ... damn Skura. I feel for him. He’s worked very hard to rise to where he is. Wish him a full recovery

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Bad ... my concern is Jackson is freelancing so effectively I fear he may start getting an air of invincibility. He took a couple brutal hits on the sidelines that were really unnecessary. He absolutely cannot lose sight of the fact that his health is priority 1.

tbf he had that one shot right to the chest that was unnecessary and he took a big hit on the first 4th down conversion which is the type of hit he's always gonna take and there's not really a way of avoiding it without not having lamar run and he's still in control there so no biggie

the worst hit he took was ironically in the pocket where he got hit low at the end on his final possession - was the hit that made me immediately go i dont care if he doesnt finish the drive just get him off the field - but also lamar's never leaving the field when we're driving lol he would never let that happen

Second time in a row we play the Rams and one of our offensive players is out for the season. [profanity deleted] them.
That was not like a dirty hit just one of those unfortunate roll ups that happen to line men and is nobody’s fault. It’s sad though.

tbf he had that one shot right to the chest that was unnecessary and he took a big hit on the first 4th down conversion which is the type of hit he's always gonna take and there's not really a way of avoiding it without not having lamar run and he's still in control there so no biggie

the worst hit he took was ironically in the pocket where he got hit low at the end on his final possession - was the hit that made me immediately go i dont care if he doesnt finish the drive just get him off the field - but also lamar's never leaving the field when we're driving lol he would never let that happen
Don’t remember down/distance but one sideline hit was helmet to throwing arm and another he got body slammed. I don’t feel either we’re plays where taking 2 yards less to angle out of bounds a little sooner would have changed anything. Maybe I am mistaken but I cringed on both of them.

It’s possible on the 1st one he just didn’t see the defender until it was too late.

I don’t want to overreact but his game is a bit of a daredevil run and scares the shit it of me sometimes

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I forget which quarter, but I remember they forced a 4th and 9. Oops. 12 man on the field and it's a 5-yard penalty. 4th and 4. Like I mentioned during the game, I knew right then Harbs was out for blood. The fact that Lamar told Tucker had the audacity to get off the field PRONTO had me dying.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I forget which quarter, but I remember they forced a 4th and 9. Oops. 12 man on the field and it's a 5-yard penalty. 4th and 4. Like I mentioned during the game, I knew right then Harbs was out for blood. The fact that Lamar told Tucker had the audacity to get off the field PRONTO had me dying.
towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Believe it was the last drive for the night for LJ.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Yep, Rapp played that one dirty, too low. Lamar though jumped on that hit, so it turned out to not much.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
jeez..bozeman though

huh? What's up with the U.K @Sami84 ? Your thoughts are damp and gloomy!

As an Aussie I'm interested in the whole thing about running the score up as being classless. We are taught to go as hard as possible to the final whistle, it's a sports contest right?

Now in all the sports that are played here for and against are the tie breaker when teams are level on points so we are incentivised to beat the shit out of weaker opponents.

Are we classless for doing that? Aussies are obviously classless for a whole other bunch of reasons lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As an Aussie I'm interested in the whole thing about running the score up as being classless. We are taught to go as hard as possible to the final whistle, it's a sports contest right?

Now in all the sports that are played here for and against are the tie breaker when teams are level on points so we are incentivised to beat the shit out of weaker opponents.

Are we classless for doing that? Aussies are obviously classless for a whole other bunch of reasons lol

Same here in the UK - most professional sports we play use points for and against as the first tie-breaker in any level points scenario
Honestly I don't think the criticism here is even from the players or coaches - seems to be fans who think it's classless which I really don't understand - if the sport were designed to stop at a certain points difference then there'd be a mercy rule