• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Skura and The Coliseum

Same here in the UK - most professional sports we play use points for and against as the first tie-breaker in any level points scenario
Honestly I don't think the criticism here is even from the players or coaches - seems to be fans who think it's classless which I really don't understand - if the sport were designed to stop at a certain points difference then there'd be a mercy rule

Mate I would personally feel insulted if I team let up because they were beating me.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Same here in the UK - most professional sports we play use points for and against as the first tie-breaker in any level points scenario
Honestly I don't think the criticism here is even from the players or coaches - seems to be fans who think it's classless which I really don't understand - if the sport were designed to stop at a certain points difference then there'd be a mercy rule

This takes me back to the women's World Cup when the USA beat Thailand 13-0 and some (not many) complained because they didn't let up. Leicester beat Southampton 9-0 in the Premier League a few weeks ago but nobody complained because that's the whole point of the game, to win by as many as possible. It's professional sport for a reason, it's not pros vs amateurs. If you don't like it, do something about it and stop the crying!

Australia beat Soloman Islands 31-0 and I'm glad we didn't let up because I'm pretty sure the Kiwis recently only beat them 30-0

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This takes me back to the women's World Cup when the USA beat Thailand 13-0 and some (not many) complained because they didn't let up. Leicester beat Southampton 9-0 in the Premier League a few weeks ago but nobody complained because that's the whole point of the game, to win by as many as possible. It's professional sport for a reason, it's not pros vs amateurs. If you don't like it, do something about it and stop the crying!

That game against Thailand was fun to watch lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tbf he had that one shot right to the chest that was unnecessary and he took a big hit on the first 4th down conversion which is the type of hit he's always gonna take and there's not really a way of avoiding it without not having lamar run and he's still in control there so no biggie

the worst hit he took was ironically in the pocket where he got hit low at the end on his final possession - was the hit that made me immediately go i dont care if he doesnt finish the drive just get him off the field - but also lamar's never leaving the field when we're driving lol he would never let that happen
I hope somebody breaks Taylor rapps bitchass neck for that, he was bitter and clearly aimed for the knees on purpose because he was mad about “driving up” the score. You could tell by how he got up from the play all shitty and mad.

And I hope somebody pulls a Paul crewe double nut shot on that ref for not throwing the flag on a BLATANT TEXTBOOK INTENTIONAL roughing the passer. That shit made me sick. Hit below the waist from a qb with the feet planted in the pocket, textbook RTP, and not only that, but it was TARGETED, and not just below the waist but directly at the knees. Piece of shit.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
We've punted twice in the last 3 games - and both times it was when RGIII was leading the offence lol - Lamar clearly doesnt like Sam Koch lol

Koch must be loving this. He doesn't have to do anything but sit and watch an amazing offence at work while he gets paid millions. Sounds like a good way to prolong his career. Sam should be bowing down to Lamar whenever they see each other haha.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Koch must be loving this. He doesn't have to do anything but sit and watch an amazing offence at work while he gets paid millions. Sounds like a good way to prolong his career. Sam should be bowing down to Lamar whenever they see each other haha.
he came onto the field when Lamar was playing. However, he never got a chance to punt.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Best extra point holder in the league!

Also, did anyone get a chance to watch Marlon Humphrey's live IG story after the game? He went around the plane to get everyone to say something to the fans and Koch was like, "BIG TRUSSSS". lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Also, did anyone get a chance to watch Marlon Humphrey's live IG story after the game? He went around the plane to get everyone to say something to the fans and Koch was like, "BIG TRUSSSS". lol

LJ better watch out, he could get hurt walking around a moving plane @ericmangini

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ya Humphrey does that every time we win on the road lol

Also noted that Lamar insisted that he gave up his seat so Skura didnt have to walk all the way to the back of the plane. Thought that was awesome

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Taken from a post on uk ravens fb:

PFF stuff

• Ronnie Stanley is the highest graded LT and leads the league in Pass Block grade for Tackles
  • Pat Ricard is #1 FB
  • Mark Andrews has a surprisingly high run block grade for a player who came in as a large WR. Top 10 amongst TE and George Kittle is only one spot above him. Andrews sits #2 Overall TE with an "Elite" grade of 90.2
  • Patrick Mekari had a grade of 69.5 after being pressed into service at Centre following Skura's injury. If he keeps this up, that 69.5 grade currently ranks as #5 among Centres (Skura was #12 with a 62.5 season grade)
  • Marcus Peters is proving to be the trade of the century, currently #2 CB
  • Earl Thomas is an unremarkable 17th overall among Safeties, but has a top 10 coverage grade
  • Josh Bynes has been a stunning mid-season addition. Among ILB, he currently ranks 6th overall and has #2 coverage rank.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

PFF stuff

• Ronnie Stanley is the highest graded LT and leads the league in Pass Block grade for Tackles
  • Pat Ricard is #1 FB
  • Mark Andrews has a surprisingly high run block grade for a player who came in as a large WR. Top 10 amongst TE and George Kittle is only one spot above him. Andrews sits #2 Overall TE with an "Elite" grade of 90.2
  • Patrick Mekari had a grade of 69.5 after being pressed into service at Centre following Skura's injury. If he keeps this up, that 69.5 grade currently ranks as #5 among Centres (Skura was #12 with a 62.5 season grade)
  • Earl Thomas is an unremarkable 17th overall among Safeties, but has a top 10 coverage grade
  • Josh Bynes has been a stunning mid-season addition. Among ILB, he currently ranks 6th overall and has #2 coverage rank.

It's pretty great that Andrews has improved his run-blocking THAT much. Where do Boyle and Hurst rank (out of curiosity)?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
LOL. I'm getting flashbacks from week 1 last season and my friend, who's a Dolphins fan, calling our team classless for fake punting when we had a huge lead.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

PFF stuff

• Pat Ricard is #1 FB

Mekari might actually be as good or better than skura? Dont give me this false hope