• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs 49ers

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
thing is with marlon..for instance vs hopkins and that bad no call...
why did he put his hands over him so early? panic?

he was right there and only needed to time it a fraction of a second more and there would be no controversy.

timing is important
it wasn't a good move, but he has been playing extremely well otherwise...for the most part. He also has 4 turnovers this season and has scored on atleast 2 if not 3 of his turnovers.
Marlon has issues with focus imho but I love him and how he plays. Those are the nuances in his game where he must improve. He’s not perfect but he’s a damn good and elite CB imo. The Hopkins DPI wasn’t the only time he should’ve been called for DPI either.

Sometimes you're gonna get beat, which Marlon did on that play. So he made a decision to gamble on getting a flag or whether Hopkins would make the completion. In scenario 1 he either gets the no call or they are defending from 1 yard line, in scenario 2 Hopkins catches that ball every time. Sound decision making imo

Sometimes you're gonna get beat, which Marlon did on that play. So he made a decision to gamble on getting a flag or whether Hopkins would make the completion. In scenario 1 he either gets the no call or they are defending from 1 yard line, in scenario 2 Hopkins catches that ball every time. Sound decision making imo

That’s right. That was a split second decision that the better CB’s make every time. It’s all about instincts, and Marlon has good instincts.

I have been making it to one game a year - lately been making it a road game, just to change things up and see our team in a different setting. None of the cities and times we were playing worked for a road game.

This is the one I got tickets for .. just cause it worked out from a timing standpoint. Had no idea it was going to feature the #1 and #2 power teams in the NFL.

Not thrilled that the weather is going to suck. I'd rather be cold than wet, but gotta take what we get.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I dnt think hump did that on purpose

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here’s how we handle kittle...

We acknowledge the average af wr corps of the niners, let one of our starting corners shadow kittle in coverage, jimmy or Humphrey. I lean towards jimmy because I think his ball skills are better and in those jump situations jimmy could more than hold his own and get up on the ball, I think Humphrey might lean too much on his timing and getting his hand in without playing the ball

i dont like that - you take away one of jimmy's greatest strengths which is how he uses the boundary and takes a third of the field away - i think humphrey's much more likely to follow kittle around because he's already played a lot of slot this year and he's also much better and more physical close to the LoS than our other corners

the alternative is that we ride with chuck clark who's been pretty good in coverage this year so far and roll help his way with LBs and other DBs and just acknowledge that Kittle will beat us a few times whatever happens but not for big plays unless we bust a coverage

Justafan

Practice Squad
49er fan here. Come in peace. I just want to wish your team good luck. Here to a good game, no injures. I believe this will be a knockout grind of a game and a nail bitter. I hope for a niner win, but honestly, I do not see it happening. Niners really struggle with mobile QB. No matter the outcome best of luck for the rest of the year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
49er fan here. Come in peace. I just want to wish your team good luck. Here to a good game, no injures. I believe this will be a knockout grind of a game and a nail bitter. I hope for a niner win, but honestly, I do not see it happening. Niners really struggle with mobile QB. No matter the outcome best of luck for the rest of the year.
We can't wait for this one, should be the game of the season, obviously only until we meet again in Miami.
This one is going to show what are both teams made of.
I think we have advantage - our insane running offense is just what's needed against Niners D built to rush the shit out of QBs but not the greatest vs run.
The only missing piece - Jim Harbaugh.

Last edited:

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I find it funny that on these other forums the fans seem to think that every week we’ll come in hung over on our last win, as if Lamar and John haven’t shown that they both move on basically right away