• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 WR Draft Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think a team falls in love with him at some point in the 2nd round - he's likely going to run sub-4.4 with that wingspan and some explosive tape - struggles with press and not run a particularly diverse route tree but has all the tools you could want in someone his size (more tbh)

im finding it really hard to separate him and jalen reagor - i think reagor's better but struggling to articulate why lol beyond a slightly better route tree and the ability to play outside
I’m also taking raegor over Aiyuk 110%. I really like raegor a lot. Everyone knows kj hamler is one of my draft crushes but raegor is right up there with him for me.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
ive got hamler a tick ahead of those 2 but yeah they arent hugely far apart on my board either
I got hamler a slight tick ahead of raegor and quite few ticks ahead of aiyuk. I’m not as big on aiyuk as a lot of people here. Like end of 2nd round when we pick I would be really pissed because currently I know there should be a ton of players there who I’d much prefer, but if we took raegor or hamler at 28 i would be pretty happy with it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@rossihunter2 are you using the google spreadsheet I posted that has a bunch of film for most of the prospects. It's definitely a useful resource.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lynn Bowden is so raw with basically no real route tree to speak of because of his usage at Kentucky in 2018 as a receiver in the screen game etc. (game plan was just get Bowden the ball) and in 2019 obviously he was playing QB

but there's a real part of me that just thinks he's going to be a star in the NFL and not just as a gadget player

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless we sign multiple FA WRs I'm pretty certain we will take a reciever in the first 3 rounds and most likely the first 2. However, whoever we chose they need to have instant impact potential the same way Hollywood had for us and Metcalf for the Seahawks. We cant afford to miss on a WR prospect this time around. I still have hope for Boykin but I dont think hes as fluid of an athlete. He doesn't have much run after catch potential and I think we need more of that in this offense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Unless we sign multiple FA WRs I'm pretty certain we will take a reciever in the first 3 rounds and most likely the first 2. However, whoever we chose they need to have instant impact potential the same way Hollywood had for us and Metcalf for the Seahawks. We cant afford to miss on a WR prospect this time around. I still have hope for Boykin but I dont think hes as fluid of an athlete. He doesn't have much run after catch potential and I think we need more of that in this offense.

there's so much speed in this receiver class which will always make an impact in any scheme (as long as they can catch the ball) - and the depth of the receiver class (and varying skillsets) is going to push good receivers down the draft - there's a decent likelihood that a receiver we have a 2nd round grade on will be available in the 3rd

Reactions: cdp

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's so much speed in this receiver class which will always make an impact in any scheme (as long as they can catch the ball) - and the depth of the receiver class (and varying skillsets) is going to push good receivers down the draft - there's a decent likelihood that a receiver we have a 2nd round grade on will be available in the 3rd
Right but will they be available at our picks is the question. Weve seen players fall only to be snagged right before our pick. After all we pick near the end of each round. Ic we have a round 2 rated reciever available at our 2nd pick we have to draft him. A late 2nd is more like a 3rd rounder imo

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right but will they be available at our picks is the question. Weve seen players fall only to be snagged right before our pick. After all we pick near the end of each round. Ic we have a round 2 rated reciever available at our 2nd pick we have to draft him. A late 2nd is more like a 3rd rounder imo

There's so many receivers that I can't believe there won't be one available who's a value at the 2nd and 3rd round picks (no guarantee on the 1st rounder) - the only question for me is whether a run on wrs happens which pushes better talent at other positions down the board - but there's so many wrs that there'll definitely be one

for there not to be a value wr at our 3rd round pick (based on my grades) - at least 16 WRs would have to go ahead of that pick... and that doesnt even take into account other teams (and the ravens) having different values and grades on WRs (Daniel Jeremiah says he thinks he'll end up with around 20-22 WRs with day 2 grades or better)

the most wrs taken in recent history (probably all history but i have to count each draft individually) in the first 3 rounds of the draft was in 2014 which had 15 - and that is thought of as the best WR draft class of all time

i havent even finished the wrs class yet and ive got 16 guys with day 2 grades or better (+2 that i keep going back and forth on)

basically id be absolutely shocked if there wasnt at least 1 value wr at our spot in the 3rd round and tbh there's likely to be value at the 2nd round too

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There's so many receivers that I can't believe there won't be one available who's a value at the 2nd and 3rd round picks (no guarantee on the 1st rounder) - the only question for me is whether a run on wrs happens which pushes better talent at other positions down the board - but there's so many wrs that there'll definitely be one

for there not to be a value wr at our 3rd round pick (based on my grades) - at least 16 WRs would have to go ahead of that pick... and that doesnt even take into account other teams (and the ravens) having different values and grades on WRs (Daniel Jeremiah says he thinks he'll end up with around 20-22 WRs with day 2 grades or better)

the most wrs taken in recent history (probably all history but i have to count each draft individually) in the first 3 rounds of the draft was in 2014 which had 15 - and that is thought of as the best WR draft class of all time

i havent even finished the wrs class yet and ive got 16 guys with day 2 grades or better (+2 that i keep going back and forth on)

basically id be absolutely shocked if there wasnt at least 1 value wr at our spot in the 3rd round and tbh there's likely to be value at the 2nd round too
I feel very strongly that one of KJ Hill or van jefferson will be available for our 3rd or at least in very comfortable trade range.

also some intriguing guys on early day 3 like quartney Davis and Devin duvernay

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel very strongly that one of KJ Hill or van jefferson will be available for our 3rd or at least in very comfortable trade range.

also some intriguing guys on early day 3 like quartney Davis and Devin duvernay

I think quartney davis and devin duvernay end up getting taken in the first 2 days - Davis is going to run in the 4.3s, runs a diverse route tree, is good after the catch - he needs to be more physical to beat press but he's got the ability to stress corners - if he didnt struggle against press i really think he'd potentially be going in the 2nd round so if he's available on day 3 he's going to be a steal

Devin Duvernay is probably even faster and a legitimate threat out of the slot - not a brilliant route runner and not got the biggest route tree but he's twitchy and will feast in off coverage (so will Davis)

i have day 2 grades on both these guys and i think post-combine they're both going to go flying up boards - which might mean jefferson or hill drop...

i think im more confident about hill or jefferson being there in the 4th round than davis or duvernay

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we will be taking a WR before day 3, and would even say there’s a good probability we take one with our first or second pick. DeCosta even said himself that you always have to get a lottery ticket with WR. I think we continue to do that. I would go for a speedy WR to continue to stretch these defenses. With Jackson and Brown, adding another speedy guy to threaten the backend will make it hard to defend us like the Chiefs.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
IF Ruggs reaches past 20

trade up and get him.
I actually wouldn't be shocked if Ruggs gets picked before Jeudy. Weve seen crazy stuff happen before and teams will cover his speed. Jeudy wont break the combine like Ruggs will
Been saying this for months and I get blasted for it everytime lmao
I’d be surprised if Jeudy doesn’t go before Ruggs but of course it can happen. It only takes one team to like Ruggs better to do it. With that said, do you think Ruggs should go before Jeudy is the real question?