• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just Remember, there are a ton of people who were luke warm to cold on guys like Marlon Humphrey and even Mosley on draft day. If Murray is the pick, are people going to root for him to be a bust just to be right? Probably. Honestly I Think the Ravens go a different route on draft day. Last year, Eric McCoy was mocked to the Ravens in almost every mock right before the draft. I feel like the last pick the “experts” got right was when Mayock mocked Lamar to us 2 years ago, albeit it was at 16 and not 32 lol.

ive always said since the beginning that i dont want murray to be the first pick but if he is im going to root hard for him as a raven (after an appropriate amount of time when i melt down for a bit - melt down length will partially be determined by what else we end up doing over the draft)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just Remember, there are a ton of people who were luke warm to cold on guys like Marlon Humphrey and even Mosley on draft day. If Murray is the pick, are people going to root for him to be a bust just to be right? Probably. Honestly I Think the Ravens go a different route on draft day. Last year, Eric McCoy was mocked to the Ravens in almost every mock right before the draft. I feel like the last pick the “experts” got right was when Mayock mocked Lamar to us 2 years ago, albeit it was at 16 and not 32 lol.

I liked the mosley pick. wasnt that high on humphrey but watched more tape and was okay with it. murray though is a different situation altogether. I watched more tape on him than any and I'm actually beyond dumbfounded how he isn't recgonized as a midround pick. I have a late 3rd early 4th round on him. With humphrey i had him as a 2nd round or late first at the most. Mosely i was happy enough with but i wanted donald over him

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Good god I HATED the Mosley pick. I wanted HHCD at that pick, but look how it turned out. If Murray is the pick at 28, in EDC I truss, though I think he and Queen will be gone before we’re on the clock.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Id rather draft Murray than Epenesa. Just dont see any elite traits. At least Murray has elite closing speed but I just dont see anything from Epenesa that jumps out to me

Simba

Staff Member

The Humphrey meltdowns were fun. Count me in as one that was confused about selecting a CB at the time, but the talent was never in question for me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just went back to the 2019 Draft gameday thread and my word there's some gold there right around the time we were picking...

@JoeyFlex5 was spectacular but so were a number of others lol

for what it's worth i found a post with who my top 3 players left on the board were at 25: hollywood, greedy williams and cody ford - feels pretty good in terms of being on the same page as the front office last year - we drafted hollywood and then tried to make a monster trade to get back up to get cody ford lol - and then in my pound the table thread had jaylon ferguson, antoine wesley and justice hill lol

hopefully im as on it as last year with the ravens plans

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Humphrey meltdowns were fun. Count me in as one that was confused about selecting a CB at the time, but the talent was never in question for me.

man i was frustrated a lot at the time - was pissed that my initial number 2 guy in the class sidney jones had got injured, and my favourite day 2 guy was akhello witherspoon the whole way through that class - so i was mostly pissed off at the fact that we probably werent double-dipping on witherspoon

but i was also high on quincy wilson in that draft and i was hella wrong on that one

then again im a much better evaluator than i was in 2017 - three whole draft classes of improvement

Simba

Staff Member
man i was frustrated a lot at the time - was pissed that my initial number 2 guy in the class sidney jones had got injured, and my favourite day 2 guy was akhello witherspoon the whole way through that class - so i was mostly pissed off at the fact that we probably werent double-dipping on witherspoon

but i was also high on quincy wilson in that draft and i was hella wrong on that one

then again im a much better evaluator than i was in 2017 - three whole draft classes of improvement

I'm with you. I liked Wilson a lot too. I'm usually one of the 'grade the player, not the helmet' types, but those Florida DBs...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Just went back to the 2019 Draft gameday thread and my word there's some gold there right around the time we were picking...

@JoeyFlex5 was spectacular but so were a number of others lol

for what it's worth i found a post with who my top 3 players left on the board were at 25: hollywood, greedy williams and cody ford - feels pretty good in terms of being on the same page as the front office last year - we drafted hollywood and then tried to make a monster trade to get back up to get cody ford lol - and then in my pound the table thread had jaylon ferguson, antoine wesley and justice hill lol

hopefully im as on it as last year with the ravens plans
And he came out of the gates on FIRE!

Decosta fucking blows his first draft, szn iz ovr, I’m becoming a redskins fan because dan Snyder is more competent, done with this team, shoulda had the comprehensuv plan years ago
@JoeyFlex5

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’m fairly certain the quote you just shared was mostly sarcastic lol, I was annoyed because I had concerns about Hollywood but I don’t recall legitimately thinking Eric was incompetent after it lmao
Bro that was your first post on draft night. You were on one that night lol.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bro that was your first post on draft night. You were on one that night lol.
Lmao I just went back and looked, first page. Yeah I’m always a fuckhead on draft night. I have anxiety like a mfer and all the anticipation waiting for our pick has me acting a ass in a major way lol
comprehensuv was the giveaway - classic rayray line
On the other board that didn’t survive I made my username comprehensuv, but it confused a lot of people lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Maybe EDC trusts young OL, Boykin and thinks front 7 is OK after FA, then beefs up our positions of strength even more?
R1: DB
R2: TE
R2: RB

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
you think he could play tackle in a pinch?
Eh, I wouldn’t trust it. I won’t say he can’t because he played tackle most recently and he showed great low hips and a great anchor, the feet looked quick but I’m weary of small school swing guards at the next level, like those quick feet at tackle could look mad slow in the nfl