• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They had to release C Austin Reiter to make room for Davis. Has anyone seen Reiter play? He might be worth picking up.
He hasn’t had much of an opportunity. He was drafted by the skins in 2015 and the skins were trying to stash him on the practice squad, but the Browns picked him up. Last year he was a reserve and special teams player.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Raiders made the deal with the Bears because they thought the Bears would give them the best chance at a high first round pick.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bears released C Hroniss Grasu. He's starting material and better than any option we have on our roster.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's a mess - he wasnt that great before his injury and has absolutely not been good since - not really surprising the bears released him - he could have been something and maybe he will be someday but he's definitely not starting material
I liked him a lot before his injury. Skuras definitely not the answer. Lewis is better suited @ LG.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I dont know if anyone else saw this but the Colts released John Simon yesterday despite him being probably their best player on defence in 2017 (and he looked like their best player in the 2018 preseason too)

yet again evidence that bad organisations get trigger happy which leads to frequent system changes which leads to consistent bad fits

John Simon was their best player on defence but because they changed staff and thus defensive scheme he was no longer a fit for their defence and suddenly a thin defence gets thinner

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I dont know if anyone else saw this but the Colts released John Simon yesterday despite him being probably their best player on defence in 2017 (and he looked like their best player in the 2018 preseason too)

yet again evidence that bad organisations get trigger happy which leads to frequent system changes which leads to consistent bad fits

John Simon was their best player on defence but because they changed staff and thus defensive scheme he was no longer a fit for their defence and suddenly a thin defence gets thinner
I did see this and was very surprised. He will no doubt land on another roster very soon