• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tony Romo is staying with CBS for the long haul, as CBS paid up the big money to keep him from ABC/ESPN and other suitors. CBS will pay Romo $17M a year.... his final contract with the Cowboys paid him $18M a year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/28/tony-romo-stays-with-cbs-at-17-million-per-year/
I'm glad he got paid. But now I open twitter and I already see Michael Thomas complaining he makes more than 90% of the league. CBS pays him and not the NFL and if you want changes the CBS has to be rejected and you can propose smaller rosters.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm glad he got paid. But now I open twitter and I already see Michael Thomas complaining he makes more than 90% of the league. CBS pays him and not the NFL and if you want changes the CBS has to be rejected and you can propose smaller rosters.
Michael Thomas is becoming increasingly annoying with all of this whining. Imagine counting another man's bread.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm also glad he got paid and he's worth it and 90%, probably more than that aren't even good, let alone 17m worthy.

Reactions: cdp

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I don't think these players know the definition of negotiation. They all have spoken against it but haven't proposed a counter offer. If they don't like what's on the table, take it and offer up your own idea instead of making a big deal out of it on Twitter.

At this point, both the NFL and Players Union keep fighting to win the court of public opinion with the fans. Neither really want to strike a deal and negotiate like adults, it's really pitiful right now how the players are acting.

Reactions: cdp

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Latest NFL News:

- The Bengals have spoke with the Bears about an Andy Dalton Trade. The Bears recently hired former Bengals OC Bill Lazor.
- Bengals also plan on Franchising AJ Green. Burrow has said he like to play with someone like Green.
- Rumor has it that Titans Free Agent OT Jack Conklin could be heading to the New York Jets.
- The Chiefs will not pick up the option on OL Cam Erving, saving $3.25M against the Cap.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Broncos & Jaguars agree to a trade that sees CB AJ Bouye going to Denver in exchange for a 4th Round Pick. Trade is not official until the new league year officially begins.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Broncos & Jaguars agree to a trade that sees CB AJ Bouye going to Denver in exchange for a 4th Round Pick. Trade is not official until the new league year officially begins.
Obligatory "why couldn't we do this trade" post.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Panthers acquire LT Russell Okung from the Chargers in exchange for Pro Bowl Guard Trai Turner. Looks like a cap saving move otherwise it's baffling why the Panthers didn't try for Trent Williams or choose a Left Tackle at 7 in the draft.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Panthers acquire LT Russell Okung from the Chargers in exchange for Pro Bowl Guard Trai Turner. Looks like a cap saving move otherwise it's baffling why the Panthers didn't try for Trent Williams or choose a Left Tackle at 7 in the draft.
Because they want to pick a QB in the draft?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The conflict of having a Baseball Game and Football Game played on the same day? The NFL team can just play on the road for week one on opening night, who cares if you waited 50 years for a Thursday Night Opener, go on the road. Oh.... the Royals are moving their game so the Chiefs can have Thursday Night to themselves? What a Concept!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The conflict of having a Baseball Game and Football Game played on the same day? The NFL team can just play on the road for week one on opening night, who cares if you waited 50 years for a Thursday Night Opener, go on the road. Oh.... the Royals are moving their game so the Chiefs can have Thursday Night to themselves? What a Concept!

Mods, please remove Orioles thread from this site!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bill Belichick to receive the keys to the city of Annapolis at halftime of the John Hopkins at Navy Men's Lacrosse game on March 14th. Just make sure we have the Castle on Lockdown that weekend jk, maybe not jk lol. Ravens-Patriots history aside, it's awesome to see Belichick never forgot where he came from and is proud to be from Annapolis.

“I am humbled and honored to be recognized by Mayor Buckley and the City of Annapolis,” Belichick said in a statement. “I would like to thank Admiral Buck and Chet Gladchuk for allowing me to receive the key in Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. I loved the years I spent growing up in Annapolis and at the Naval Academy and I always look forward to returning. I am proud to be an Annapolitan!”

https://www.capitalgazette.com/spor...0200304-bsu5lidrffcybiy7l7q4omiw2e-story.html

JO_75

Hall of Famer

This gets better.

ESPN is willing to pay Peyton Manning $20M a year to be the lead guy on Monday Night Football. They also want to acquire Al Michaels in a "trade" to pair with Manning.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jets DT Quinnen Williams was arrested Thursday night for criminal possession of a weapon after attempting to board a flight while carrying a handgun.
Williams was carrying a gun with an Alabama permit but detained prior to boarding a flight at LaGuardia Airport. According to police, it remains unclear if the Glock 19 was loaded. The 22-year-old's criminal charges are similar to the case former Buccaneers DE Da’Quan Bowers faced when carrying a loaded gun at LaGuardia in 2013; he later pled guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct that carried no jail time. Williams, the highest-drafted defensive player in Jets history, was signed to a four-year, $32.5 million contract in July.